• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonzagafan62
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2013

Kyle Wiltjer and Kevin Pangos 3rd Team All Americans

What a big honor it is to have All Americans. I thought KW was going to make 2nd team, but just missed out. More great press for the Zags:

The third team was Gonzaga teammates Kyle Wiltjer and Kevin Pangos, Oklahoma junior Buddy Hield, Syracuse senior Rakeem Christmas and Iowa State junior Georges Niang.
    Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Congratulations to both Kyle and Kevin. I'm really happy for Kevin. It's a great way for him to go forward in his basketball career. There are better days ahead for Kyle. Two All-Americans on the same team is really good. Outside of us there was only Kentucky who had that. This was a great team.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• willandi
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

But our 2 all Americans are from Canada! I bet NOBODY else does that!
      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Zagdawg
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Congrats!! Well earned and deserved!

Also gives Kyle something to work towards for next year.

Go Zags

Comment

• Birddog
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Actually, I think Kyle is from the states but carries dual citizenship, still, its an interesting factoid.
          Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
          Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
          All mimsy were the borogoves,
          And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• Chicken Ball
            Kennel Club
            • Feb 2007

Pretty good list. Happy for our guys.

Only glaring omission is Stanley Johnson.

Comment

• cjm720
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2007

All-American Team

Pangos and Wiltjer on the 3rd team! Nice work fellas!
              Go Zags!!!

Comment

• Billfish'80
                Kennel Club Material
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                But our 2 all Americans are from Canada! I bet NOBODY else does that!
                And Buddy Heild is from The Bahamas. My family and I were on Grand Bahama Island last week and met one of Buddy's friends working in an icecream shop (very cool kid!), when we asked him to turn on the tv so we could watch games while we sat in the shade. He was very happy to do so, and proceded to sit and talk about his buddy, Buddy Heild at Oklahoma. He mentioned we were much more informed about Oklahoma's team than he would expect for people from Idaho. When we shared that that was because we followed Ryan Spangler after his transfer from "Gonzaga" he tossed the remote in the air and "half jokingly" stormed back into the store, saying that he couldn't handle this job any more. He was a diehard Duke fan from youth, and had met some Kentuky fans just the day before! Too much for one week. A few minutes later, he came out and sat down and watched more B-Ball with us until other customers came in. Had a fun time with him, but "Gonzaga" definitly struck a chord with one Duke fan. I'll bet he'd be smiling if we went back to his shop today. Also met some Ohio State fans there, and helped console them after their game with Arizona. Over-all, much more B-Ball than I was expecting to get traveling over the first week of NCAA's!
                -- So as to not hijack the thread, "Very well deserved recognition for two great Zags"

Comment

Working...
                X