PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, GU Boards

RenoZag
03-30-2015, 06:09 AM
For fans of Gonzaga’s men’s basketball team the final buzzer has sounded and the last box score of the season has been registered. The latest chapter in Gonzaga’s basketball journey ended in Houston at the hands of the Duke Blue Devils who stopped our Zags from reaching the Final Four.

Following the Zags through the pre-season hype and hopes of anticipation through the start of practice, the out of conference schedule, league games, and the not-to-be-taken-for-granted NCAA tournament is my last vestige of youthful exuberance. Now in my late 50’s, life’s realities, adjustments, and enthusiasms have altered my view of the sporting world landscape. There’s not as much time to devote to fan-hood and at times it feels a trivial pursuit when compared to the obligations of family, work, and health. These competing interests demand a chosen pass time that gives the greatest return on time invested and that’s why I follow the Zags.

Thanks to the members of the GUB for sharing their passion for Gonzaga basketball in this forum. Your insights, observations, and opinions shape this fan’s view of a wonderful game played by men who represent the name on the front of the jersey with distinction.

It was a heck of a ride.

gonzagafan62
03-30-2015, 06:15 AM
No, thank YOU Reno. You're random posts and oddities retaining to not only Gonzaga's applications, but in the Foo too have been so special to me. I am not sure how I am going to spend the next 7 1/2 months, but I am sure I'll think of something.

Its been a great ride. Hope to share it with you and all the other posters too.

Goodnight, Irene.

Zags11
03-30-2015, 06:55 AM
Yes. Awesome year.

jazzdelmar
03-30-2015, 06:56 AM
right back atcha, Reen...now go build that billion dollar whatever :)

MickMick
03-30-2015, 07:12 AM
I place great value upon your insight and contribution Reno. Thank you.

You are correct. There are many folks that make this place well worth visiting.

To go along with your sentiment, time is the most precious commodity on Earth. You are allotted a finite amount of it and as you grows older, you begin to truly understand how much value there is in a single minute. For me, spending time here is far from a waste of it. Indeed, I believe it is time well spent.

TheZagPhish
03-30-2015, 09:36 AM
Right on, Reno.

I'm grateful all the time for this little online community, its characters and passions. I love the visitors from other teams (mostly - there's always that one guy), and miss our friends who have had to commit their energies elsewhere.

Thanks to all of you who hang out and chew the fat about this unbelievable and limitless program. I think you're awesome.

:cheers:

Go Zags!

Reborn
03-30-2015, 09:40 AM
Yes. Yes. Yes. It's been a great year. Thank you too. Love your attitude. You're a fun guy.

The second season begins now...Recruiting. I have always enjoyed the recruiting season here as well. I think we're all wondering what Few is going to do with those 3 schollies.

bballbeachbum
03-30-2015, 10:50 AM
Great post as usual Reno. this board is the best one I visit, period. thanks to all of you for making that a fact and for making the whole thing that much more fun!