PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs Duke...post game thoughts

Reborn
03-29-2015, 08:47 PM
Congratulations to Duke and coach K., who ties John Wooden for the most times going to the Final Four. It has been a great year for Coach K and Duke. Good luck in the Final 4.

Congrats to Mark Few for his first appearance in the Elite 8 and almost making it to the Final 4. Few also had a team of Destiny this year and certainly set some records. Thanks for a great year, Coach(es) and players for a great year. Being one of the top 8 teams in the Nation has been one of Coach Few's greatest accomplishments. All of ZagNation is proud of you, Zags. Thanks!

I hated the regional tournament from the beginning to the end, and it is a shame that games that Are this great had to played in this pathetic Dome. Shame on you NCAA. You ruined a great regional with great teams. In my opinion none of the games in the regional were entertaining or good basketball. The Dome did not do justice to the great basketball players who played in these game. Basketball fans deserve more.

And the reffing was equally pathetic and not just for the Gonzaga games. For all the games, accept imo the ones for Duke. Gonzaga shot 9 free throws today, and Duke 19 and they made 16 to our 6. I'm sick of it. And in every game the teams who played Duke had key player on the bench in foul trouble the first half. Karnowski for us and Wright for Utah. I was taught to not blame officials, but honestly the whole nation is sick of the kind of reffing that we've all seen in this wonderful tournament. Basketball, the game, deserves much better then we got. I'm not a bad loser. I'd just like to see a fair game. For ALL teams. But why pretend their is justice is an unjust system. I agree with Jay Billas, who I saw on Mike and MIke Friday. He said the college basketball game is in trouble. If it continues the way it's going, it will. Is justice really being served when you say it's all about money. Tell that to a 8 or 10 year old kid.

Our Zags played great defense again today. And showed real toughness. WE all are proud of you. We know you did your best and gave it your all. Thanks for a great year, Zags. You are awesome. We'll be back for more next year.

Zags11
03-29-2015, 09:16 PM
Reborn......great last post game thought.

I felt like we were just off. I feel also like zags are the better team. I am proud of the E8 run, but bummed as this team was final 4 worthy. It stings but life goes on. Go zags!

Zagger
03-30-2015, 02:19 AM
Doom the dome. But I also feel that the Zags could have taken more shots regardless. Attack Mode worked but Duke's 3s and Zags lack of them had to have been demoralizing. I suspect there were some Elite Eight jitters too (turnovers and fouls). Level of competition throughout the year prolly has a role in this - even if only minor. Proud of the Zags to a man though. A combo of factors just plain kept the team from being 100% when 100% was required. Duke was playing quite well and won.

stevet75
03-30-2015, 06:34 AM
It always hurts to lose, but damn this team was fun this year. Thank you all.

Reborn
03-30-2015, 09:47 AM
A couple of thoughts. Why did Gonzaga stop going to Wilter as it seemed they could not stop him on the inside?

Why didn't Karnowski try to score more? He seemed to have many opportunities but didn't try to do it. I believe this guy is stoppable, and I hope he can really grasp who he can be next year. He's made a lot of progress this year, and I expect even more next year. Who can stop him? I hope he does develop an outside shot and improves at the foul line. He also has All-American capability too, imo.

Hoopaholic
03-30-2015, 10:11 AM
A couple of thoughts. Why did Gonzaga stop going to Wilter as it seemed they could not stop him on the inside?

Why didn't Karnowski try to score more? He seemed to have many opportunities but didn't try to do it. I believe this guy is stoppable, and I hope he can really grasp who he can be next year. He's made a lot of progress this year, and I expect even more next year. Who can stop him? I hope he does develop an outside shot and improves at the foul line. He also has All-American capability too, imo.

why didn't Pango shoot his "floaters" the three times he got into the paint

a lot of why's and some are probably reasons we are done for the year, but we were blessed with an exceptional year and speculating will drive me to a danger abyss that I don't want to go to. I want to savor the memories of Pangos, Bell, Wesley and this year and start to look forward to the next floor general and teammates to propel us right back to the Elite 8 and beyond