• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zag 77
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Some Noteable Bud Withers notes

• Gonzaga’s three victories in the NCAA tournament are a relative windfall for the West Coast Conference, projected to be about $4,680,000 in the NCAA’s six-year rolling window.

Conferences are due $260,525 per unit — or games played — over a six-year stretch. That figure likely will increase somewhat during that period, but each extra game in 2015 would be worth at least $1.56 million total over that period.

The Zags’ victories would multiply that total by three, which is the highest collective win total by the WCC since 2010, when Gonzaga won a game and Saint Mary’s went to the Sweet 16.

Pac-12 representation, which combined to go 8-4, was eliminated with Arizona’s Elite Eight loss to Wisconsin. The league would figure to realize about $18,720,000 over that six-year stretch, divided among the membership.

• Duke point guard Tyus Jones was named outstanding player of the region, joined on the all-tournament team by Blue Devils Justise Winslow and Matt Jones and Zags Kyle Wiltjer and Domas Sabonis.

• Wiltjer, a fourth-year junior, was asked if he was committed to returning to what should be another talented GU team. “Of course,” he said. “I’ve got one more year of eligibility.”

I wonder if the WCC Conference Athletic Directors will be sending us a nice Thank You card. A cake would be nice also.
  • spike_jr
    Banned
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Zag 77 View Post
    I wonder if the WCC Conference Athletic Directors will be sending us a nice Thank You card. A cake would be nice also.
    More likely to send us a note telling us to better next time because the conference needs the money!

Comment

• Reborn
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

Congrats to Kyle and Domas. Wow!!! Domas WAS a true warrior, and I'm glad he made it. Can you imagine how it cool it is to have a sub make All-Regional. Wow!!
      Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
        Banned
        • Feb 2007

He's a starter on 99% of D1 teams; just shows how stacked we were this year.
        Originally posted by Reborn View Post
        Congrats to Kyle and Domas. Wow!!! Domas WAS a true warrior, and I'm glad he made it. Can you imagine how it cool it is to have a sub make All-Regional. Wow!!

Comment

• scott257
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2009

Really glad that Kyle is coming back next year. So good to have that question answered to end speculation.

Comment

• MDABE80
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Wiltjer, a fourth-year junior, was asked if he was committed to returning to what should be another talented GU team. “Of course,” he said. “I’ve got one more year of eligibility.”<-----------THIS!!

Comment

Working...
            X