PDA

View Full Version : Thank you seniors

thespywhozaggedme
03-29-2015, 03:20 PM
I'm hurt, sad and a little empty right now, but as I reminisce on this amazing season, I am so appreciative and grateful to have had the pleasure of rooting for such a great team, led by three outstanding seniors. Kevin, Gary and Byron are not only great players, but great young men. Thank you fellas for repping our beloved team with dignity and class and always giving your all. Much success in the next chapter of your lives.

Akzag
03-29-2015, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the ride ...

ZagNut08
03-29-2015, 03:27 PM
Next fall is going to be weird

Sandpointzagsfan
03-29-2015, 03:28 PM
Terrible feeling knowing kevin and gary will never put on the zags jersey again. I'm heartbroken over the lose but we proved to the nation that we belonged. I believe we will be back next year to finally get to the final four.

Long live the zags

TravelinZag
03-29-2015, 03:36 PM
What a brilliant four years, Kevin and Gary. You lifted the Zags to a new level, and got Coach Few to an Elite Eight. Best record in Zag history. These are not salves to a season-ending defeat; they are facts. Every successful team but one ends its season with a loss. Perspective: you advanced the state of Zag basketball while conducting yourselves in an admirable manner. You have everything to be proud of.

Byron, thanks for joining us this year. You wanted to go to a tournament, and you did. Arguably, the team might not havemade it there without you. Hope it was everything you hoped it would be.

You have the best of two worlds: an SC degree in 3 years, and a Zag family forever.

Everyone else: thank you so very much. We look forward to next year, and hope you will be a part of it. If not, we will follow you as a member of the family, enjoying your future triumphs on, and especially off the court.

Thanks, gentlemen. It has been a pleasure to know you.

mendiant
03-29-2015, 03:39 PM
Will so miss Gary, Kevin and Byron!
I wonder who will take over the GU hair dude for Kevin??? :)
Great memories!
Thanks to Bryon for spending some time with us.
Thanks to Gary for the tenacity and hustle!

zagbeliever
03-29-2015, 03:40 PM
We had a great season with 35 wins and 3 losses. Just amazing. I'm glad the seniors had that and know how much the fans admire them as players and as young men. Hard to imagine the team without them (but I felt the same way with Ronny, Matt, Rob, etc) These guys are super special though. Best of luck to them in their future endeavors and thanks for the memories!

Colbyspapa
03-29-2015, 03:41 PM
I'm going to really miss Kevin, Gary and Byron. Kevin and Gary are the first Zag tandom I can remember starting for 4 years. They have represented our school with class. Byron came in and fit so well with our guys. I hope the seniors for next year keep this team chemistry a priority. Here's hoping we don't lose anyone to the NBA early.

Radbooks
03-29-2015, 03:43 PM
Thank you Kevin and Gary for 4 wonderful years! And Byron thank you for joining them for this wonderful year. I'll really miss all of you.

sittingon50
03-29-2015, 04:17 PM
Thanks for all the hard work, fellas! You will be missed.

CdAZagFan
03-29-2015, 04:26 PM
Thank you Kevin for your offensive prowess, your team leadership and your sense of calm when things got muddy. Thank you Gary for the incredibly outstanding defense on some of the nation's best shooters - one of the biggest keys to this great season (and your three other seasons) in my opinion. And thank you Byron for your ability to get to the basket when the offense stalled, and for blending in so well with this super group of student athletes (and thanks to your Mom's post on this board - just an incredible family!). May you all have great success (and hopefully we will see you throughout your lives like some of the Zag greats of the past that still wander these areas...)

Rbo
03-29-2015, 04:30 PM
Awesome year and great careers. Despite today's letdown, all three seniors should feel very proud.

MJ777
03-29-2015, 04:32 PM
Good Luck Seniors. Thanks for the Awesome memories.

zag67
03-29-2015, 04:43 PM
Gary and Kevin, thank you for four great years. Both of you have played through injuries and given all you had. We all appreciate all you have done to create the team attitude

Bryon also I would like to thank you for what you gave up in scoring. You have been a super player to have on this team and most of us recognize it.

Thanks again.

gonstu
03-29-2015, 04:47 PM
I consoled my sons today - second graders. They were bummed the zags didn't make the final four, but the tears were because pangos and bell are now gone, pangos was their favorite for literally as long as they can remember. They got to meet the team after usd games his frosh, soph and jr years (missed this year due to travel). Pangos was gracious and kind with my kids every time - even last year after a loss which was very admirable. He took the time to take pictures with them and even exchange in a little conversation with them every time. Even from those small interactions you could tell what a great guy he is. Thanks seniors and especially pangos - who will always be linked in our household to the nicknames "turf toe" and "hockey hair" - for the memories!

GrizZAG
03-29-2015, 04:57 PM
What I really appreciate that our seniors contributed in addition to everything everyone else has said here, is that you brought the tone, leadership and example for our future Zag players next year and beyond. Every Zag team member of the past remains close in our hearts and always will. Thank you for elevating Spokane as well.

Byron, loved your play from day one. Thanks for coming up and giving your best to us. A great Zag in my book.

GonzaGAW
03-29-2015, 05:27 PM
just a little bit I think we zag fans know how coach few feels, when he says he does not want to think about next year, a year without kevin and gary.

you two are simply the best, we will forever love and miss you two. come back often for visits and a hello.

Byron, thanks so much for coming to Gonzaga, if not for your effort and skill we simply would not have had as good a season, nor gone as far in the tournament.

zagcheer78
03-29-2015, 05:46 PM
So glad you all chose to to play at G.U. You've done us all proud.
Good luck and God Bless you all.

SpudDawg
03-29-2015, 06:30 PM
Classy to the end. And beyond. God bless them as they move on through their lives.

FuManShoes
03-29-2015, 06:38 PM
Couldn't have said it better. Thanks, Kevin, Gary and Byron for giving us a great ride and being such great ambassadors for GU. You made it easy to root for GU, and hard to say goodbye. Zags forever.

What a brilliant four years, Kevin and Gary. You lifted the Zags to a new level, and got Coach Few to an Elite Eight. Best record in Zag history. These are not salves to a season-ending defeat; they are facts. Every successful team but one ends its season with a loss. Perspective: you advanced the state of Zag basketball while conducting yourselves in an admirable manner. You have everything to be proud of.

Byron, thanks for joining us this year. You wanted to go to a tournament, and you did. Arguably, the team might not havemade it there without you. Hope it was everything you hoped it would be.

You have the best of two worlds: an SC degree in 3 years, and a Zag family forever.

Everyone else: thank you so very much. We look forward to next year, and hope you will be a part of it. If not, we will follow you as a member of the family, enjoying your future triumphs on, and especially off the court.

Thanks, gentlemen. It has been a pleasure to know you.

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-29-2015, 06:52 PM
These are young men who will do greater things in the real world than they ever did on the basketball court. We were lucky enough to enjoy watching them develop during their time with us. They will be great ambassadors for Gonzaga for many years to come.

Zags11
03-29-2015, 09:42 PM
+2 mill

gozagswoohoo
03-29-2015, 10:02 PM
I consoled my sons today - second graders. They were bummed the zags didn't make the final four, but the tears were because pangos and bell are now gone, pangos was their favorite for literally as long as they can remember. They got to meet the team after usd games his frosh, soph and jr years (missed this year due to travel). Pangos was gracious and kind with my kids every time - even last year after a loss which was very admirable. He took the time to take pictures with them and even exchange in a little conversation with them every time. Even from those small interactions you could tell what a great guy he is. Thanks seniors and especially pangos - who will always be linked in our household to the nicknames "turf toe" and "hockey hair" - for the memories!

Very cool. I hate that my son never got to meet Pangos while he was a zag. My oldest is in Kindergarten, and just this year he has really started liking the zags and wanting to stay up to watch games. But he LOVES Pangos. I love hearing his Pangos was with your boys. Doesn't surprise me ONE bit, and it's just another testament to the high-quality character guys that Few continually brings to this program. Thanks for sharing this.

Really appreciate this team. Thank you seniors. You will be missed.

jim77
03-29-2015, 10:05 PM
+2 mill

+20 mil.... You guys had FANTASTIC careers....and no doubt have fantastic futures ahead. You won more games than any team in GU history and equaled the 99 teams elite 8...you are the NEW standard teams will be measured by. I'm gonna REALLY miss watching you play. Thanks again :)

Zaga
03-30-2015, 04:59 AM
Thank you Gonzaga for an absolute awesome season and a team to remember for the ages!

zagfan24
03-30-2015, 05:26 AM
Kevin and Gary...you have spent the last four years exemplifying what Gonzaga represents as a university and as a basketball team. Bright futures are ahead for both of you no matter where you go. The same characteristics that made you incredible basketball players; discipline, unselfishness, hard work, etc will carry you far in life as well. Thank you both for four years of outstanding performance on and off the court.

Byron, thanks for joining us for one season. In that short time you were quite clearly able to join the Zag family, and I while I wish your first tournament would have lasted a little longer, I'm glad you were able to be a part of this team. Your calm presence and leadership will be missed.

SWZag
03-30-2015, 06:27 AM
Not much to add. Hard to believe four years have come and gone. Pangos and Bell have added their own legacy within the GU Program. They've left outstanding examples for those who will follow after and for today's children who want to be just like them. This was an extremely successful season made by those who were willing to sacrifice for the betterment of the team. We'll definitely miss Bell, Pangos and Wesley. Wish them all the best of luck going forward.

rennis
03-30-2015, 06:35 AM
We were really lucky as fans to have Gary and Kevin these 4 years. Such awesome players and Gonzaga guys. I'm going to miss them like crazy. The class of 2000 was probably the last time I felt so empty after the final loss of a season. Seeing these two play their last game...it hasn't even hit me yet. And Byron. One year, huge impact. I wish we'd have had him from the start.

So glad they got a great NCAA run to finish their careers, they deserved that and more. Thanks guys (and your families)

cjm720
03-30-2015, 08:37 AM
Great season, great careers!

You will be missed!!

Continue to make us proud in whatever you do!!!