PDA

View Full Version : I hope Gonzaga Never Changes

Reborn
03-29-2015, 09:23 AM
What I mean is that I hope we con't become like Kentucky, or now Duke, or any other program that goes all out for the one and dones, the blue blood dog hounds. I love the way we attract players who want to stay at least a couple of years. I like attracting kids from all over the world. I love getting to know our players as real people, not just great basketball players. Let's continue to recruit at a higher level successfully, and make it to the Elite 8 and Final Four more often. But let's not JUST go after all the blue blood dog hounds. I don't want a team like Kentucky. NEVER. And I don't want a coach like Coach Cal. NEVER....I like it just the way we are. The best mid-major college in America. And an elite team from a small university.

I like being the underdog today. I think that's where we are at our best now. Sure, some of those media freaks say they are for us, but are they really? How many people do you honestly believe that the Zags have a chance today? Outside of Zag fans!!! Upsets are really cool. Especially in late March.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
03-29-2015, 09:53 AM
Don't worry Grant Hill just called the Zags a "Mid-Major" and said coach K is telling his guys not to overlook Gonzaga. Then he tried to qualify it by stating "well they really aren't a Mid-Major..."

nauseating

GoZags
03-29-2015, 09:55 AM
No worries.

Thayne, Roth, Fewie, the Board of Trustees and the Board of Regents "gets" it.

No worries.

gonzagafan62
03-29-2015, 10:14 AM
Don't worry Grant Hill just called the Zags a "Mid-Major" and said coach K is telling his guys not to overlook Gonzaga. Then he tried to qualify it by stating "well they really aren't a Mid-Major..."

nauseating

He can't pronounce GonZAGa either.... He will lean after the game. Dumb dookie

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
03-29-2015, 10:19 AM
He can't pronounce GonZAGa either.... He will lean after the game. Dumb dookie

This win would be VERY sweet.

cdools
03-29-2015, 11:26 AM
Grant Hill also said that when he heard Kevin had foregone the AAU route and worked on his game on his own, which isn't really accurate either, that Toronto probably doesn't even have AAU...Guess he never heard of Andrew Wiggins, or Anthony Bennett, or Tyler Ennis, or Nik Stauskas, or many other Canadian guys who grew up playing AAU ball...