PDA

View Full Version : FOX on GU-Duke game

MDABE80
03-28-2015, 07:25 PM
Duke and Gonzaga could not be built more differently, which makes their No. 1 vs. No. 2 matchup so intriguing. The Blue Devils are more talented, but their best players – Jahlil Okafor, Justise Winslow and Tyus Jones — are all freshmen. Gonzaga’s most important players — Kyle Wiltjer, Kevin Pangos and Gary Bell — are all seniors, though Wiltjier is a redshirt junior.
Gonzaga’s unique. Domantas Sabonis and Przemek Karnowski are unique big men. It’s hard to imagine Okafor dominating them. But Winslow, who notched 21 points and 10 boards against Utah, has been tremendous all tourney. The spacing he creates along with Jones’ dribble-drive abilities make Duke tough to defend. But then, the Blue Devils themselves may struggle to defend Gonzaga’s perimeter shooters.
These matchups are so tight that I only feel fully confident picking one of the winners — Kentucky of course. Just for kicks I’ll take Arizona, Michigan State and Duke to join them.........Stu Mandel.

As for ME, I think we ought to go at Duke hard. Treat the frosh like they are frosh. Experience counts.

RenoZag
03-28-2015, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the story, Doc.

MDABE80
03-28-2015, 07:40 PM
We go at their guard hard with ours. we can win this one. Our Bigs can take care of themselves. Key to this whole game is out front. Just my opinion.

Larrylegend
03-28-2015, 07:54 PM
This guy picked Arizona over Wisconsin so what does he know?

MDABE80
03-28-2015, 07:59 PM
He picked against us. He's got a nice narrative but it's kneejerk to pick Duke anymore. Tearing apart Duke though, we've got a lot they don't.

RenoZag
03-28-2015, 08:00 PM
Link ? Want to post in the Pre-game media thread. . .thank you !

Reborn
03-28-2015, 10:14 PM
What are you thanking Doc for? I've heard the story over and over and over and over. PLEASE...bring me some news!!!

MDABE80
03-28-2015, 10:27 PM
It's a new post ReRun.