PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs Duke...predictions and other thoughts

Reborn
03-28-2015, 06:52 AM
I am so happy to be able to post this thread. I have wanted to play Duke all year, and now we have the chance. Like most of us we have thought about being in the Elite 8 all year long. And when my thoughts turned to the possibility, my heart always wanted to play Duke. They have always been the team that I have wanted to beat. There was a time, years ago (but after '99) when Gonzaga was called "little Duke" or the Duke on the West on good days. And many of us would agree that they are the best college program. And why not beat the best. I remember seeing Coach K many years ago, when he was still unknown and just beginning his career at Duke. I saw him walking into a restaurant with his team. I mustarded up some courage and went over and said hi to him and got his autograph. He was extremeely nice and very polite. And now many years later, and he's been a great human being and coach, I am thrilled to be playing him tomorrow night.

I know that he loves his team, and I know he has loved them all. Yet, these guys are so much younger then any team he has ever had. And in the end I believe that it will be their youth that helps GU beat them tomorrow. Oh! Don't get me wrong. Those freshmen are great basketball players. Their loss will not be blamed on their talent, but on their inexperience. Tyus Jones is a very good point guard, and great scorer, but he is still inexperienced. And I believe point guard play in this tournament is so very important. Gonzaga has one of the best, and experienced, point guards in the country. And Okafer can be contained. Utah showed that. And Gonzaga has a huge front line like Utah, but even better. And like Gonzaga, Duke has been an outstanding 3 point shooting team, and last night they did no better. They made 3 three's, as did Gonzaga. It's interesting how everyone talks about how poorly Gonzaga shot from behind the arch, and not a word about Duke having the same fate.

It's going to be a very, very close game, and I'm glad we had that game with Arizona earlier in the year. That game will prove to be the one game that helps us get past Duke. This time Gonzaga get's 'er done, and defeats Duke by 77-73.

Gonzaga 77
Duke 73

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-28-2015, 07:39 AM
Keys to the game, imho:

- Zags must be mentally tough...don't let the name on the opponent's jersey or the chance to make a Final Four overwhelm. Just play your tough, hard-nosed, focused game and shoot with supreme confidence.
- Foul trouble:
I predict Duke will try hard to get Pangos out of the game by getting him in foul trouble. Who guards their speedy point guard Tyus Jones...Pangos must because Bell needs to lock down Quinn Cook, their best shooter. McClellan will play key minutes!
Zags must go after Okafor and pound it inside. Zags bench is much deeper than Duke's, so Zags gotta take advantage by feeding the #NextPolishHammer and Sabonis on the blocks to get Duke's bigs, Okafor and Winslow, in foul trouble.
- Handle Duke's pressure defense...this may be the quickest team defensively Zags have played, particularly when Duke pressures the wings to prevent that 1st pass to initiate an offensive set. Protect the ball, let PK be an outlet for the pressure and play point-center a bit if need be.
- 3-pt shooting one of Wiltjer, Pangos or Bell need to have a great shooting (or each has to at least make a couple) night from deep to limit Duke's ability to "dig down" and swipe at the ball in the low post when Karno or Sabonis get it there.
- REBOUNDING Zags can control this game by dominating the offensive and defensive boards. *This may be the biggest key as it will neutralize poor shooting from deep and/or turnovers by gaining Zags extra possessions.

Loving every minute of it!!!!!!
Go Zags....don't stop now :-)))

zagsfanforlife
03-28-2015, 08:21 AM
My heart tells me Zags, my head tells me Duke.

All along I thought there were 2 teams i wouldnt favor Gonzaga against. 1) Kentucky. 2) Duke. The reason being is that they create matchup problems I am not sure we can combat. Who will guard Winslow? Wesley is a bit smaller, Wiltjer is no where fast enough, and Bell is just too small and needs to guard Cook or Jones. Then who guards T. Jones? The guy might be the fastest guard in college basketball. Pangos? Not sure KP is fast enough. Mcclelan? Then you are playing almost 4 on 5 offensively. Bell? Then who guards Cook?

Watching Duke last night I do think they are beatable but it will be a tough challenge. Okafor is a beast inside, but doesnt play much defense and is susceptible to offensive rebounds. I think we can take advantage of this by taking it inside with Karno and Domas and either scoring or getting JO in foul trouble. The poster above me is right. Need to shoot a lot better so we can have 1 on 1 situations inside and their quick guards cant swipe at Karno and Domas inside. If we find a way to get Okafor in foul trouble ill lean towards the Zags.

I have tickets to the FInal 4 already with my dad. We would cry if the Zags make it there. Please make it happen boys! Not to mention some $$ i would get if they at least make the finals.

Regardless, what a fun year this has been. Cant remember a more enjoyable run with a bunch of great guys.

My prediction i hope fails:

Duke 72
Gonzaga 65

Zagceo
03-28-2015, 09:54 AM
Love the fact we get CBS coverage Kentucky gets TBS!

adoptedzag
03-28-2015, 09:59 AM
I'm thinking outside the box on this one:

Zags: 82
Duke: 61

DixieZag
03-28-2015, 10:05 AM
I think we shoot better, not "Iowa Good" but much better. We get JO in foul trouble right away.

Our experience trumps their athleticism

Zags 77

Not Zags 73

YukonJack
03-28-2015, 10:11 AM
I am hooked on this disability regarding the shooting in the dome. It plays to a Zag advantage. Its going to be a game of fouls. The inside game will be the deciding factor..hence depth. The shooting debacle will force an inside game where Zags reign supreme in this one. Zags 71 Duke 64.

jim77
03-28-2015, 10:11 AM
A lot of teams try to out hustle Duke...but it never seems to work. They have good athletes....Justice W is a beast. To me we take our time and pack it in a bit...and let our bigs take up space inside. I think running a controlled half court game is our best option.....and maybe a zone defense since nobody can hit from the outside. It would be nice to be the first team to figure out how to overcome the NRG shooting difficulties. I actually think we match up well in the halfcourt set as they have nobody who can push Shem off the block. The one thing that bugged me about Duke while watching them last night was their "FOUL CREATION". They will run up the backside of the defender then throw their arms up to try to get the call..which they did a couple of times. I hope Few works the refs as hard as Coach K does....its not like Duke needs any extra foul calls to win. We can beat them but, we need to keep the game under control....the more out of control it gets the better they are. The Blue devils are OVERLY aggressive at times which leaves them open to get burned...we need to play smart. GO ZAGS!

Zagceo
03-28-2015, 10:16 AM
I think we shoot better, not "Iowa Good" but much better. We get JO in foul trouble right away.

Our experience trumps their athleticism

Zags 77

Not Zags 73

Yes and depth

LongIslandZagFan
03-28-2015, 10:47 AM
Puke 189
Bulldogs 40

http://i1.cpcache.com/product_zoom/439476549/puke_tshirt.jpg?height=250&width=250&padToSquare=true

DixieZag
03-28-2015, 10:58 AM
One other good omen..

This is our second game this weekend.

In the last 2 tournaments this year (WCC and Key Arena), we played workman-like in the first game and ground out wins. The next game(s) were magical and I fully believe that is what is going to happen, here, too. I think Duke is quite pleased to have drawn us and, to the extent possible, might look past us a little.

ZenZag
03-28-2015, 11:07 AM
Keys to the game, imho:

- REBOUNDING Zags can control this game by dominating the offensive and defensive boards. *This may be the biggest key as it will neutralize poor shooting from deep and/or turnovers by gaining Zags extra possessions.

Agree big with this....and, as always, the "little" things Dranginis does in the way of rebounding will be an X factor. He seems especially adept as chasing down those long rebounds created by missed 3's. IMO....

SwainZag
03-28-2015, 11:19 AM
Duke is a very,very talented team. Cook, Okafor, Winslow, Jones are all supremely good players and were all higher rated prospects than any player who has ever attended GU. I respect Coach K as much as any coach in the country as well. You could get lost in Duke history and lore with a single google search. Now's the time to make our own history. These Zags are also supremely talented. Pangos IS the best point guard left in this tournament. Kyle might be THE best pure shooter left in this tournament. Shem\Sabonis might be the post tandem left in this tournament. Duke is a scary matchup, but we have the parts, the lineup, and the heart. This team is hungry. I have high hopes.

Okafor will get his. Cook is the key to this game. Stop Cook, stop Duke. Gary has his plate full. Cook scores 12 on 4-14 shooting. After a slow night vs. UCLA, Kyle goes off. 25 points, 17 in the first half. Zags don't trail in 2nd half. Pangos dishes 7 assists and doesn't turn the ball over and ends the game with the ball in his hands and a huge smile. We party in Houston. We party in Washington. I party on Bourbon Street. Bring on Indy. Bring on Izzo\Pitino. Bring on the Final 4.

Zags 78
Duke 70

TacomaZAG
03-28-2015, 11:31 AM
We FINALLY get Duke on a neutral floor, no MSG or Cameron Indoor.

This is going to be a battle, but I agree with others in this thread that our depth will bring it home. I think Wesley and Drano can keep Winslow from going off, Gary will do his thing against Cook and Karno/Bonus will do fine against Okafor.

We need to score in this one. We can run with Duke so let's turn it into a track meet, where our depth plays to our advantage. Play loose, push the pace for 40 minutes, Attack Mode as Coach calls it. Limit TO's to under 10 and shoot 75% from the stripe.

Zags 82
Dook 79

Go ZAGS

rennis
03-28-2015, 11:44 AM
Duke is good. Very, very good. Maybe the 2nd best team in the tournament behind Kentucky. Their ability to win this game is going to depend on two things: Keeping Okafor on the floor, and getting to the rim. Outside shots aren't going to magically start falling for either team after what happened yesterday. (Although I feel like GU will knock some down, especially Wiltjer.) I don't think GU can stop Winslow but I expect Bell and Pangos to more than hold their own against Cook and Jones. Overall I think the combination of our depth, experience, size and skill is enough to beat their superior talent because of their inexperience and potentially insufficient depth. The X-factor here in a low-ish scoring game will be coaching, and clearly Mike K. is going to have the edge in that battle - he's been here many times for a reason!

I see this game going one of two ways - another low scoring grinder where shots don't fall for either team and Duke grits out a tough 5 point win. Something like 67-62.

The way I think this goes, and I realize anyone outside of GU will think a double-digit win for the bulldogs is crazy, is the other way. I think Gonzaga opens up on the perimeter and starts knocking down 3s. Okafor gets some foul trouble and is not prepared for our interior size (no one has been yet.) Duke plays the way they did when losing a couple of games mid-season, and turns the ball over on some key possessions late and stinks it up a bit on defense. Gonzaga runs away with it and cuts down those beautiful nets.

Gonzaga - 82
Duke - 70

MJ777
03-28-2015, 12:12 PM
GU 79
DU 76

Go Zags!!

BULLDOG#1
03-28-2015, 12:40 PM
They will have to deal with Karnowski on the block -- and if he plays like he did last night, then they'll have to double team him... but they won't allow those crafty passes to Bonus for layups. Duke will rotate better and leave offside shooters open. If Pangos and Wiltjer can find the hoop, then GU will have Duke in a pick-you-poison situation.

I know all the zag shooters struggled last night, but I feel a lot better about them now that they've had a game and some practice time to figure out the dome. If he can find the range, Witjer should go off on Duke. They really have nobody to match-up with him. He should be able to go right over top of Winslow and if he's guarded by Jefferson or Okafor, then he can pull them away from the bucket and have a mis-match there.

Defensively, the zags need to stay in front of Jones and Cook and avoid fouls. Both of them are automatic at the line. I'm guessing Few plays either Bonus or Shem straight up on Okafor and tells them to avoid the fouls and then rebound like crazy. The zags could outrebound Duke and still lose this game, but I don't see them winning it unless they can out-rebound Duke (unless zag shooters go nuts). Defensively, I see McLellan and Dranginis playing big roles. Winslow will be a problem for the zags to contain, but I don't think he's got the ability to really go off for huge numbers like Okafor, Cook, or Jones could... I bet Few plays Wesley or Dranginis straight up on him (maybe Bell, but only if Winslow gets it going).

I have a feeling that the x-factor in this game will be Wesley. If/when neither team can find a range or rhythm, Wesley is outstanding at junking the game up and scoring a bunch of points. Powell did a decent job on him last night, but many of those strips and jump balls could have easily been called fouls putting Wesley on the line. Winslow will matchup with Wesley at the beginning and as elite of a defender as Winslow is... Wesley is equally as crafty.

Should be a great game to watch. Here's hoping we see the zags in the FF!

jazzdelmar
03-28-2015, 12:58 PM
Puke 189
Bulldogs 40

http://i1.cpcache.com/product_zoom/439476549/puke_tshirt.jpg?height=250&width=250&padToSquare=true

Weren't we at that game? :)

MJ777
03-28-2015, 01:08 PM
How about Duke vs. GU in Spokane for the right to go the FF? Not likely but could happen if the Dookie Gals can beat #1 MD and GU can beat the Lady Vols today. Go Zagettes!

gonzagafan62
03-28-2015, 02:05 PM
I really wanna say we are going to win this game. I love our team. I just can't. Duke 78 Zags 70

BJZags
03-28-2015, 02:07 PM
Agree big with this....and, as always, the "little" things Dranginis does in the way of rebounding will be an X factor. He seems especially adept as chasing down those long rebounds created by missed 3's. IMO....

Exactly. I was so pumped on Friday night to see how we boxed-out on defense in a most outstanding way and allowed only a few offensive rebounds. UCLA was pretty much one-and-done all night long. A repeat against Duke would pay dividends.

stevet75
03-28-2015, 02:08 PM
All of the Zags are hitting their shots. Zag defense is best all year. Zags 82 Dukies 74

Zags11
03-28-2015, 02:15 PM
Sighhhhhh.

i wanna think we win, i am torn. Idk which way to go.

I think duke wins 72 to 68 as karno gets in foul trouble. I hope im wrong....sigh.

Actually screw this....

Zags 78
Duke 72

FINAL 4 BABAAAAAAY

basketballzag
03-28-2015, 02:40 PM
Sighhhhhh.

I think duke wins 72 to 68 as karno gets in foul trouble. I hope im wrong....sigh.

Actually screw this....

Zags 78
Duke 72

FINAL 4 BABAAAAAAY

If both teams find their outside shot then I see a 8-10 pt victory over Duke. If neither team is able to hit from outside then I see a 15 point win

Reborn
03-28-2015, 02:52 PM
Sighhhhhh.

Actually screw this....

Zags 78
Duke 72

FINAL 4 BABAAAAAAY

Be brave and stick with it. Don't step back. Hold your ground and push forward. BELIEVE. TRUST.. WE ARE....GONZAGA! WE ARE...GONZAGA!!!

RenoZag
03-28-2015, 03:47 PM
Coach K's thoughts on Pangos & Bell:

COACH KRZYZEWSKI: They play beautiful basketball. Pangos is a very, very special player, and I don't know him as a young man, but he's got to be an amazing young man. He looks unflappable. He's got a great face all the time. He's got a strong leadership face.

I remember Mark was on my Sirius XM show earlier this year and talked about his commitment, how much he comes back to the gym. And he's got routines and you can tell he's very confident because of his discipline in what he's put into what he does. And Bell is the running mate with that.

You know, to be the defensive player he is in addition to being that offensive player, you know, they have a great, great backcourt in those two guys and they're going to be really difficult to defend. But I'll tell you, it's an honor to play against them.

It's going to be one of those days in the Elite Eight where the ten kids you see on the court are pretty darn good kids. Not just good players but really good young men. And so a good group of guys is going to win tomorrow. Let's put it that way.

I think Gonzaga's good group of guys will beat Duke's good group of guys

Zags 76
Blue Devils 72

Zagger14
03-28-2015, 05:03 PM
I have been wrong all the time so.

My heart says Zags, but I had Duke over us in my money bracket.

Duke is going to be the best team we have faced in years. Okafor is a beast and possibly the best player we will see or have seen. I see him giving us problems.

I'm going with Duke 72- 62

Great year, but what I saw last night. NCAA wants Duke vs Kentucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jazzdelmar
03-28-2015, 05:18 PM

Duke is going to be the best team we have faced in years. Okafor is a beast and possibly the best player we will see or have seen. I see him giving us problems.

Better than Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Klay Thompson, et al.?

Zagger14
03-28-2015, 05:20 PM
I do think he is really special player.

raise the zag
03-28-2015, 05:23 PM

NCAA gets what they want..even when they've proven to be bias, corrupt, and unfair, they still get their way.

Agreed.

Been celebrating for past 24 hrs straight, yet Duke is Duke.

I expect a hard-fought game, yet we cannot defend them. Can they defend us?

I feel foul trouble will doom us, yet will walk away happy with any outcome.

House money for once.

Zags should be proud.

DUKE BEAT WISCONSIN BY DOUBLE DIGITS ON BADGERS HOME COURT.

They also beat Mich St by 10

Louisville by 11

Virginia by 6

UNC X 2

jazzdelmar
03-28-2015, 05:45 PM
NCAA gets what they want..even when they've proven to be bias, corrupt, and unfair, they still get their way.

Agreed.

House money for once.

Zags should be proud.

Louisville by 11

Virginia by 6

UNC X 2

Also lost to ND twice, NCS and Moon over Miami

jazzdelmar
03-28-2015, 05:47 PM
Frank is pretty articulate, huh?

Section 116
03-28-2015, 07:17 PM
Three keys to game: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/mens-basketball/article16711253.html

Zagger
03-28-2015, 07:25 PM
Zags 80, Dook 65
Zags are great shooters. They'll figure out their Houston venue and start sinking longer shots. Zags are also DEEEEP. I don't think Dook can keep up the pace. Bel/Pangos experience and determination will also dominate. Dook is good - no doubt. But, these Zags and their Coaches know how to beat Dook It'll be close at first but Zags will dominate - beginning later in 1st half. These Zags are just too good.
Go Zags!

ZagLawGrad
03-28-2015, 07:26 PM
Zags have a good shot. But it will take a bit of the moon and stars lining up. Can't complain about being in the fray of the Elite 8.

Larrylegend
03-28-2015, 07:31 PM
Duke has lost 4 games this year: twice to Notre Dame, NC State and Miami.

They are beatable.

Birddog
03-28-2015, 07:35 PM
Fook Dook!

U Zig, I Zag
03-28-2015, 07:42 PM
It's all gravy now.

Zags over Duke.

78-73

I think the shooting environment plays to our strength AND I think we figure it out and knock some 3's.

MDABE80
03-28-2015, 07:55 PM
I hope the players don't feel like some on this thread do. Okafor is a good frosh. Lots of moves. Our big surely can keep him out of the key. Pushing, shoving, etc. Treat him like what he is: a frosh. We've got experienced bigs.
Basiclly, Duke runs with him a wing and 3 guards. Winslow's the wing and he's been playing out of his mind. He's 6 6 though. Surely Wes, Kyle can handle that kid. Dukes guard are smallish. EMAC, Bell are tremendous and experienced defenders.
I do not know why some regard DUke as larger than life. They aren't we can beat them if we defend and if we put some points up. Who will guard Karno? or Wiltjer?..........
We can win this one. Just go at Duke and have the Seniors push on their guards.........play tough. We win.

RenoZag
03-28-2015, 08:01 PM
Fook Dook!

Duck F*U*K*E

zagfan1
03-28-2015, 08:20 PM
I think Winslow is the biggest concern. I think our trio of bigs will be too much for Duke. This time we have the best personnel. Zags by 5.

siliconzag
03-28-2015, 08:34 PM

All along I thought there were 2 teams i wouldnt favor Gonzaga against. 1) Kentucky. 2) Duke. The reason being is that they create matchup problems I am not sure we can combat. Who will guard Winslow? Wesley is a bit smaller, Wiltjer is no where fast enough, and Bell is just too small and needs to guard Cook or Jones. Then who guards T. Jones? The guy might be the fastest guard in college basketball. Pangos? Not sure KP is fast enough. Mcclelan? Then you are playing almost 4 on 5 offensively. Bell? Then who guards Cook?

Watching Duke last night I do think they are beatable but it will be a tough challenge. Okafor is a beast inside, but doesnt play much defense and is susceptible to offensive rebounds. I think we can take advantage of this by taking it inside with Karno and Domas and either scoring or getting JO in foul trouble. The poster above me is right. Need to shoot a lot better so we can have 1 on 1 situations inside and their quick guards cant swipe at Karno and Domas inside. If we find a way to get Okafor in foul trouble ill lean towards the Zags.

I have tickets to the FInal 4 already with my dad. We would cry if the Zags make it there. Please make it happen boys! Not to mention some $$ i would get if they at least make the finals.

Regardless, what a fun year this has been. Cant remember a more enjoyable run with a bunch of great guys.

Duke 72
Gonzaga 65

I think this is a really excellent break down of the challenges facing Gonzaga, although, I notice that you didn't mention coaching. Once you get to this level, coaching really matters. I think the Blue Devils have the advantage there, although I know this will ruffle a few Zag feathers. Coach K has a wealth of experience in these situations and is a motivational and charismatic guy. I think Few is closing the gap, especially with his hand stands, lame as they are. He seems so much looser these days. The real question is can our inside game wear them down? And furthermore can we play with intensity, especially on the defensive end? If so, I think we stand a shot. Afterall, their shooting will be adversely affected by the dome as well. (A low tide grounds all boats, metaphorically speaking). I loved your breakdown on individual players. The key is to have an offensive strategy that frustrates the Blue Devils into making stupid fouls, and then it is a war of attrition, which I think favors the Zags. If the Zags win this, my head will be pleasantly surprised (as you so aptly put it, zagfanforlife) and my heart will be filled with joy.

In case Coach needs a good speech, here is borrowed from Master Will,

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
Let pry through the portage of the head
Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it
As fearfully as doth a galled rock
O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,
Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
To his full height. On, on, you noblest English.
Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!
Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,
Have in these parts from morn till even fought
And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:
Dishonour not your mothers; now attest
That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.
Be copy now to men of grosser blood,
And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,
Whose limbs were made in England, show us here
The mettle of your pasture; let us swear
That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
For there is none of you so mean and base,
That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

King Henry V, Act 3, Scene 1

zagsfanforlife
03-28-2015, 08:42 PM
I think this is a really excellent break down of the challenges facing Gonzaga, although, I notice that you didn't mention coaching. Once you get to this level, coaching really matters. I think the Blue Devils have the advantage there, although I know this will ruffle a few Zag feathers. Coach K has a wealth of experience in these situations and is a motivational and charismatic guy. I think Few is closing the gap, especially with his hand stands, lame as they are. He seems so much looser these days. The real question is can our inside game wear them down? And furthermore can we play with intensity, especially on the defensive end? If so, I think we stand a shot. Afterall, their shooting will be adversely affected by the dome as well. (A low tide grounds all boats, metaphorically speaking). I loved your breakdown on individual players. The key is to have an offensive strategy that frustrates the Blue Devils into making stupid fouls, and then it is a war of attrition, which I think favors the Zags. If the Zags win this, my head will be pleasantly surprised (as you so aptly put it, zagfanforlife) and my heart will be filled with joy.

In case Coach needs a good speech, here is borrowed from Master Will,

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
Let pry through the portage of the head
Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it
As fearfully as doth a galled rock
O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,
Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
To his full height. On, on, you noblest English.
Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!
Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,
Have in these parts from morn till even fought
And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:
Dishonour not your mothers; now attest
That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.
Be copy now to men of grosser blood,
And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,
Whose limbs were made in England, show us here
The mettle of your pasture; let us swear
That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
For there is none of you so mean and base,
That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

King Henry V, Act 3, Scene 1

Why thank you. I was seeing it through my coaching lenses. I hope i am completely wrong though and the Zags take it! Coaching matters as well. Agree 100% that K has been there and has the advantage. Just didnt want to get roasted even more for my prediction.

RenoZag
03-28-2015, 08:47 PM
Why thank you. I was seeing it through my coaching lenses. I hope i am completely wrong though and the Zags take it! Coaching matters as well. Agree 100% that K has been there and has the advantage. Just didnt want to get roasted even more for my prediction.

Roasted ? On the GUB ?

Zagceo
03-28-2015, 09:25 PM

Why'd you think get roasted for picking against Zags……..zagsfanforlife?

zagsfanforlife
03-28-2015, 09:48 PM
Why'd you think get roasted for picking against Zags……..zagsfanforlife?

For picking against the Zags and saying Coach K was the superior coach. But i was being half facetious.

Reborn
03-28-2015, 10:15 PM
Goodnight, ZagNation. Sleep well. Gameday will be before we know it.

CDC84
03-28-2015, 10:23 PM
The key to this game is Karnowski staying out of foul trouble. His presence on the floor is critical in this game. If he gets beat by Okafor, he needs to just let it go. He needs to save his fouls for crunch time. I would imagine that Duke will go after him right away due to his propensity for picking up cheap fouls. At some point PK needs to stop doing this if he wants to take his game to the next level.

If the Zags get a lead, they must keep attacking on both ends. No prevent offense. Duke can not only shoot the three, but Jones and Winslow are lethal off the bounce. Also, Cook and Jones are two of the best foul shooters around. They can make up ground fast, and maintain a lead once they get it. This is going to take a 40 minute all out effort, but the Zags are certainly capable of winning the game.

upan8th
03-28-2015, 10:46 PM
Pangos toasted guarding either Jones or Cook. Shrem & Sabonis rack up 8 fouls guarding Okafor (who misses 8 of 14 free throws-so not too bad a strategy). GU plays inside out for 3/4 of the game despite Shrem & 'Bonis consistently miss two footers (overwhelmed by the big stage). KP & KW combine for 5 of 20 from deep (the game resembles one of those preseason misadventures played on the deck of an aircraft carrier). Duke mystique alone worth the ten points that provides enough to cover the spread (-2?).Diaper Dandy Devils smack down senior Saints 71-64. Duke/Kentucky final reminds everyone, as if a reminder was needed, of what's gone so terribly wrong with college basketball.

MDABE80
03-28-2015, 11:12 PM
Nice post/...you did this all by yourself???

demian
03-28-2015, 11:19 PM
I am so happy to be able to post this thread. I have wanted to play Duke all year, and now we have the chance. Like most of us we have thought about being in the Elite 8 all year long. And when my thoughts turned to the possibility, my heart always wanted to play Duke. They have always been the team that I have wanted to beat. There was a time, years ago (but after '99) when Gonzaga was called "little Duke" or the Duke on the West on good days. And many of us would agree that they are the best college program. And why not beat the best. I remember seeing Coach K many years ago, when he was still unknown and just beginning his career at Duke. I saw him walking into a restaurant with his team. I mustarded up some courage and went over and said hi to him and got his autograph. He was extremeely nice and very polite. And now many years later, and he's been a great human being and coach, I am thrilled to be playing him tomorrow night.

I know that he loves his team, and I know he has loved them all. Yet, these guys are so much younger then any team he has ever had. And in the end I believe that it will be their youth that helps GU beat them tomorrow. Oh! Don't get me wrong. Those freshmen are great basketball players. Their loss will not be blamed on their talent, but on their inexperience. Tyus Jones is a very good point guard, and great scorer, but he is still inexperienced. And I believe point guard play in this tournament is so very important. Gonzaga has one of the best, and experienced, point guards in the country. And Okafer can be contained. Utah showed that. And Gonzaga has a huge front line like Utah, but even better. And like Gonzaga, Duke has been an outstanding 3 point shooting team, and last night they did no better. They made 3 three's, as did Gonzaga. It's interesting how everyone talks about how poorly Gonzaga shot from behind the arch, and not a word about Duke having the same fate.

It's going to be a very, very close game, and I'm glad we had that game with Arizona earlier in the year. That game will prove to be the one game that helps us get past Duke. This time Gonzaga get's 'er done, and defeats Duke by 77-73.

Gonzaga 77
Duke 73

Dad, that time we met Coach K was in 1985. You bought our family tickets to the West Regional which was being held in PULLMAN,WA. HAHA can you believe that the sweet 16 and elite 8 was held in PULLMAN, Wa. haha. You bought the tickets because we were following the Washington huskies at that time. The huskies had Marv harshman coaching who you played against when you were a player at GU and he coached at WSU. The Huskies made the sweet 16 that year and you bought tickets because the Huskies also had a guy from Yakima on their team Shag Williams who you knew from the playground pick up games. I think the huskies also had Detlef Shrempf and Christian Welp on that team who were from Centralia which was where your Quinalt teams played there playoff games. We had a lot of ties to that husky team that year. I remember the teams in sweet sixteen in that regional were Georgetown with Ewing vs SMU (with I think the guys name was Joe Kline or John Konkak who was there big center). Huskies vs Duke (this was the year before Johnny Dawkins led Duke to the title game vs Louisville) and Duke and Georgetown won in Sweet 16 and Georgetown beat Duke to advance to Final Four. The best part tho was on our first night there we stayed at a hotel in MOSCOW IDAHO and it was just a little tiny rinky dink MOTEL nothing fancy at all. They did have a small diner at the MOTEL and we saw Coach K and his wife at a booth late at night having a quiet dinner and yeah you went and met him and me and my brother went with you and he was so nice and gracious. I will never forget the next week we went to Seattle for the final 4 and we were at the lobby of the Ray Guy (DePaul Coach) retirement party at the Four Seasons Hotel and every single big name coach was there in the lobby and me and my brother got everybodies autograph, except this one coach. We went up to Bobby Knight and asked for his autograph which Bobby Knight gave us his autograph and was very nice actually and there was a coach sitting next to Bobby Knight and who looked like he was expecting us to ask him for his autograph and I said "oh we already got yours". I said it kind of in a way like "you are nothing special we already met you last week and your not that big of a deal we really just want the BIG TIME coaches like Bobby Knight." lol haha who would have know. I do remember all those guys being so nice except for Denny Crum. He was a total pompous jerk. He actually made me take the cap off the pen for him before he would sign autograph. We were like 9 year old kids and he acted so put out that we would bother him. Lol oh well great times. The Walter family never went to Disneyland or Disneyworld for family vacations = we went to sweet 16's and elite 8's and final fours for our family vacations haha lol (we went to the final four in 1987 in new Orleans also for our big vacation)

Zagceo
03-28-2015, 11:23 PM
Pangos toasted guarding either Jones or Cook. Shrem & Sabonis rack up 8 fouls guarding Okafor (who misses 8 of 14 free throws-so not too bad a strategy). GU plays inside out for 3/4 of the game despite Shrem & 'Bonis consistently miss two footers (overwhelmed by the big stage). KP & KW combine for 5 of 20 from deep (the game resembles one of those preseason misadventures played on the deck of an aircraft carrier). Duke mystique alone worth the ten points that provides enough to cover the spread (-2?).Diaper Dandy Devils smack down senior Saints 71-64. Duke/Kentucky final reminds everyone, as if a reminder was needed, of what's gone so terribly wrong with college basketball.

Agreed.

House money for once.

Zags should be proud.

Louisville by 11

Virginia by 6

UNC X 2

Duke 72
Gonzaga 65

I really wanna say we are going to win this game. I love our team. I just can't. Duke 78 Zags 70

Just curious why do Zag fans ever predict a victory for the other team?

I say we win by 7 after getting in a tough physical game. AZ Wisc game had 61 free throws AZ 28-30 Wisc 23-31 Free throws could decide our game especially if outside shots aren't dropping.

Go Zags! Beat DOOKIE!

ZagaZags
03-28-2015, 11:29 PM
The key to this game is Karnowski staying out of foul trouble. His presence on the floor is critical in this game. If he gets beat by Okafor, he needs to just let it go. He needs to save his fouls for crunch time. I would imagine that Duke will go after him right away due to his propensity for picking up cheap fouls. At some point PK needs to stop doing this if he wants to take his game to the next level.

If the Zags get a lead, they must keep attacking on both ends. No prevent offense. Duke can not only shoot the three, but Jones and Winslow are lethal off the bounce. Also, Cook and Jones are two of the best foul shooters around. They can make up ground fast, and maintain a lead once they get it. This is going to take a 40 minute all out effort, but the Zags are certainly capable of winning the game.

To start the game, I feel the first 5-7 minutes needs to be played in the paint. I would love to get a few quick fouls on Okafor. All four teams suffered a hit to their FG %. UCLA -6%, Gonzaga -12%, Duke -6% and Utah -13%.

ZagaZags
03-28-2015, 11:36 PM

I say we win by 7 after getting in a tough physical game. AZ Wisc game had 61 free throws AZ 28-30 Wisc 23-31 Free throws could decide our game especially if outside shots aren't dropping.

Go Zags! Beat DOOKIE!

I counted 3 missed free throws by Notre Dame in the last 90 seconds of the game. Missed opportunities will kill you in this tourament. :fingergun:

demian
03-28-2015, 11:44 PM
I counted 3 missed free throws by Notre Dame in the last 90 seconds of the game. Missed opportunities will kill you in this tourament. :fingergun:

I am a huge Notre Dame fan also. I texted my buddy after the third missed free throw like you said in last 90 seconds, that it would be costly and it most certainly was costly for ND. ND was out of gas at the end of that game, they had nothing left in the tank and it showed. I love that Irish team tho

Zippyzaggy
03-28-2015, 11:46 PM
Preview: Duke vs Gonzaga Trip to the Final 4 http://www.zagaholic.com/2015/03/gonzaga-vs-duke-for-trip-to-final-4.html

MJ777
03-29-2015, 12:34 AM
Dad, that time we met Coach K was in 1985. You bought our family tickets to the West Regional which was being held in PULLMAN,WA. HAHA can you believe that the sweet 16 and elite 8 was held in PULLMAN, Wa. haha. You bought the tickets because we were following the Washington huskies at that time. The huskies had Marv harshman coaching who you played against when you were a player at GU and he coached at WSU. The Huskies made the sweet 16 that year and you bought tickets because the Huskies also had a guy from Yakima on their team Shag Williams who you knew from the playground pick up games. I think the huskies also had Detlef Shrempf and Christian Welp on that team who were from Centralia which was where your Quinalt teams played there playoff games. We had a lot of ties to that husky team that year. I remember the teams in sweet sixteen in that regional were Georgetown with Ewing vs SMU (with I think the guys name was Joe Kline or John Konkak who was there big center). Huskies vs Duke (this was the year before Johnny Dawkins led Duke to the title game vs Louisville) and Duke and Georgetown won in Sweet 16 and Georgetown beat Duke to advance to Final Four. The best part tho was on our first night there we stayed at a hotel in MOSCOW IDAHO and it was just a little tiny rinky dink MOTEL nothing fancy at all. They did have a small diner at the MOTEL and we saw Coach K and his wife at a booth late at night having a quiet dinner and yeah you went and met him and me and my brother went with you and he was so nice and gracious. I will never forget the next week we went to Seattle for the final 4 and we were at the lobby of the Ray Guy (DePaul Coach) retirement party at the Four Seasons Hotel and every single big name coach was there in the lobby and me and my brother got everybodies autograph, except this one coach. We went up to Bobby Knight and asked for his autograph which Bobby Knight gave us his autograph and was very nice actually and there was a coach sitting next to Bobby Knight and who looked like he was expecting us to ask him for his autograph and I said "oh we already got yours". I said it kind of in a way like "you are nothing special we already met you last week and your not that big of a deal we really just want the BIG TIME coaches like Bobby Knight." lol haha who would have know. I do remember all those guys being so nice except for Denny Crum. He was a total pompous jerk. He actually made me take the cap off the pen for him before he would sign autograph. We were like 9 year old kids and he acted so put out that we would bother him. Lol oh well great times. The Walter family never went to Disneyland or Disneyworld for family vacations = we went to sweet 16's and elite 8's and final fours for our family vacations haha lol (we went to the final four in 1987 in new Orleans also for our big vacation)

It sounds like your family had many great basketball adventures and met some of the giants of the game. Very cool. I was curious about how the tournament worked back in the 80s, and I remember games being played in places like Boise (83 WSU losing to UVA and R. Sampson), Pullman, Corvallis (83 NC St team). UW played in Pullman in 84 and it was the first and 2nd round games. The tourney included 48 teams in those years (52 if you count the preliminary play in games, 2 in Dayton, 2 in Philly). There were 6 teams in the Pullman portion (Georgetown 1, Duke 3, UW, 6, Miami (Oh) 8, SMU 9 and Nevada-Reno 11). Salt Lake City hosted the other 6 teams in the West region. The top 4 seeds in each region received byes into the second round. In 1984 3 of the 4 top seeded teams in the West lost in round 2. UW beat Duke (Johnny Dawkins and Jay Bilas). Oklahoma & UTEP also lost. Only mighty #1 Georgetown won and they only beat SMU and Jon Koncak by 1, but they did go on to win the NC by beating Houston in Seattle that year. I guess the byes were not a great advantage especially if you had to spend time waiting around Pullman or Moscow before playing your game. WARNING: Keep your players out of Rathskellers or any other dive bar. The Sweet 16 and E8 games were played in LA that year. Ray Meyer was the Depaul coach, and he had that program rolling in the late 70s and early 80s. Ray Guy punted for the Raiders, and he punted very well.

http://www.databasesports.com/ncaab/tourney.htm

montanazag88
03-29-2015, 03:58 AM
For some reason, it seems to me it all comes down to two things.....how we handle Dukes full court press all game long.....and how well wiltjer, Sabonis and Karno get up shots against a tenacious "play above the rim" interior defense of Duke. If we cannot, forget about our 3s making a difference. If we can, then we have a chance of keeping Duke from running past us to the rim after momentum changing blocked shots and turnovers. As a follow up to that, I wonder if we double JO or not....he has had success against slow big men....not quick big men. What an intriguing matchup.

What a treat if we actually prove to turn them over more due to size and experience! Regardless, I agree with some that EM will be key, as will Dranguiness and possibly Nunez.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
03-29-2015, 04:27 AM
I think the game will be decided at the free throw line. We won't shoot as many as Duke so we need to hit around 85% or 90%. I don't have the stats in front of me but anyone on Duke not named Okafor is pretty much lights out from the line (especially the guards Jones ect...). Sometimes teams make a conscious effort to foul JO to put him at the charity strip but the price you pay is the double bonus with the other guys down the stretch. If we leave points at the line we will probably lose in a close game. Hitting free throws will put us into the Final4. These teams are so close as it relates to personnel (our depth and experience vs the Duke NBA trio). So foul shooting is key.

bartruff1
03-29-2015, 05:45 AM
It is a damn shame this game is being played in a dome. I suspect the team that can make some baskets from the perimeter will win. I hope that is Gonzaga.

They are playing on house money now and should be relaxed as the underdog.....in any case it has been a record year,

Zag4Hire
03-29-2015, 06:18 AM
My mind cannot really wrap around the magnitude of this event for me personally. A FF opportunity is on the line and the only thing standing in their way is Duke. It could not be any other team. Prior to the turn of the century and a family member attending GU, our roots for basketball were primarily UK and KU (family roots). These programs are run a lot differently now and the programs were always stocked with hard chargers mixed in with some skill players. I already didn't care for Duke but with the Misery at the Meadowlands which left a young boy crying in his room until mom came to the rescue, players like Hurley/Laettner/Parks, and Coach K, the dislike just grew. I saw a post somewhere that said the person would only root for Duke if they played Al-Qaeda and I think that might be true. A few musings:

*ESPN Analytics listed Gonzaga as having 57% chance to advance. This is the first I have seen outside of the Wich State-KU game where the lower seed has a better chance to advance. I wouldn't have put it at that so this is quite interesting.

*My feeling with Duke year in and year out come tourney time is you typically have to get them early. I don't know what the stats are but it seems like once Duke gets the train rolling, they become harder to stop.

*This Duke team has holes but are still an elite team. They seem to have about a 7 man rotation with Allen getting more minutes of late than he is accustomed. Just keep taking it to the rack and get fouls. On that topic...

*Refs will play a negative factor. Coach K is the master at working the refs and a leap to 2nd is Izzo (who actually I really like as a coach unlike Coach K) Duke is on the court and a FF is on the line. Just saying and don't care whether you disagree.

*The dome is the factor and who has tuned up their long range shooting. All the teams in the S16 were terrible at shooting and the victors advanced by taking it to the rim. I think there will be modest improvement in the shooting %s but we will have to see. If early on the outside shots aren't dropping, Zags just need to adjust with the slashers being strong to the rim and getting it to big guys down low. Wondering if late in 2nd half if it is a tight affair, is there a Hack a Karno in the offering? Surprised more teams haven't implemented this strategy although Karno looked pretty good from the stripe during the UCLA tilt (2/3).

*Insane stat from yesterday's game that really gave me pause: Arizona I think is tops or towards the top at FTA per game. They went 28/30 from the line! That is truly remarkable. They also still lost by 7! Wisky is the real deal and couldn't miss from deep. Duke also went 20/26 vs Utes so I would expect them to hit that mark or be close again. Zags went 17/23 so again FTs will be key.

*If Zags are having a good rotation of KW, GBJ, PANG!, and throw in a KD 3 balls being made, you have to really like the Zags' chances.

All this being said, this is the first major jump-up in competition for the Zags in this tourney and first major challenge in the tourney. But you couldn't have set this up any better: take down UCLA, Duke, potentially one of two of the best tourney coaches, and then most likely the machine in UK. If Zags were able to run the table, this could be the best list of pelts on the wall you could ever get.

This will truly be a game of 5 minute intervals and with the final 5 minutes being possession by possession. I think the Zags are ready but I just don't think it gets done. I have never wanted to be more wrong in my life. I see Duke with a 7-10 point lead with about 5 to go and then some Zag 3 balls hitting closing the gap and tying the game with about 2 to go. They then continue with this hot look where two 3 balls don't fall and can't secure the o-board and this is the difference in the game. Duke does well at the FTs and the desperation 3 ball is close but doesn't go for Zags.

Duke 71
Gonzaga 69

Knotsolucky
03-29-2015, 06:42 AM
We FINALLY get Duke on a neutral floor, no MSG or Cameron Indoor.

This is going to be a battle, but I agree with others in this thread that our depth will bring it home. I think Wesley and Drano can keep Winslow from going off, Gary will do his thing against Cook and Karno/Bonus will do fine against Okafor.

We need to score in this one. We can run with Duke so let's turn it into a track meet, where our depth plays to our advantage. Play loose, push the pace for 40 minutes, Attack Mode as Coach calls it. Limit TO's to under 10 and shoot 75% from the stripe.

Zags 82
Dook 79

Go ZAGS

THIS +1...

ZAGS ~~ 86
DOOK ~~ 78

kitzbuel
03-29-2015, 07:26 AM

Go Zags! Beat DOOKIE!
Agreed. Conference records, OOC records, all make no difference right now. Zags have played three games, got though the opening round jitters and are now playing like seasoned veterans. Wiltjer is keeping the team loose, they are having fun and they want to win.

If outside shooting is as difficult as it has proven to be in the last game, Zags interior game, depth and experience is a significant advantage. The Zags don't wear down at the end of games, too much quality depth.

TheZagPhish
03-29-2015, 07:56 AM
This morning I'm all like:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/4852883/brooks-reed-oxygen-mask-o.gif

Bulldogs 76
Blue Devils 72

Reborn
03-29-2015, 08:20 AM

Love you, Demian. You have such a great memory. And that was before Gonzaga became so famous. And we've been able to watch them together live too. And all the memories of watching them on TV in March Madness. And looking forward to watching this great game with you today. Can hardly wait. Come over as early as you want. The Michigan State vs Louisville game will be on before the Gonzaga game.

Reborn
03-29-2015, 08:24 AM
The best day of the week. And this is certainly a huge one. Good morning to everyone. I'm really looking forward to the game. I think it's all been said, and we all know what's at stake today. I can hardly wait to Dance in the Streets But first we must Break on Through to the Other Side. Break on Through to the Other side.....Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey!!!!!!!!!!!

And here's one more by the Doors

Come on Baby Light the fire! Come on baby LIGHT the fire...Got to set the soul on FIRE!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!

ZagDaddy
03-29-2015, 08:43 AM
Foul trouble and FG% will be the key stats of the game IMO. I would enter this game expecting to be playing 5 on 8 all day (5 Duke players and 3 Zebras). I'm not saying it's rigged, I'm saying refs know who the more athletic team is supposed to be and tend to favor them on 50/50 calls.

Karnowski would be wise to play some of the "Matador" type defense he played early on Friday which resulted UCLA getting to the rim with ease but kept him out of foul trouble and on the floor. If he and Kyle pick up 2 fouls within the first 5 minutes it's going to be a long, painful afternoon. Conversely, getting Duke in foul trouble can only help our cause and could be a game changer.

Hopefully, we will have conquered our shooting woes. Shooting a higher percentage will help limit Duke's fast break opportunities and help us control tempo. I would want to stay out of a track meet with them.

Overall, I'm not as fearful of this match up as some are. I like our depth and experience against their shorter bench and youth . Senior guards are invaluable in the tournament and I have a lot of confidence in ours.

Go Zags!

Reborn
03-29-2015, 08:52 AM
I remember when my son Demian first introduced me to GUBoards, years ago now but I still remember. He said, Dad. I think you're going to like this place. hahaha hahaha Was he ever right. hahahahahahahah

demian
03-29-2015, 08:53 AM
It sounds like your family had many great basketball adventures and met some of the giants of the game. Very cool. I was curious about how the tournament worked back in the 80s, and I remember games being played in places like Boise (83 WSU losing to UVA and R. Sampson), Pullman, Corvallis (83 NC St team). UW played in Pullman in 84 and it was the first and 2nd round games. The tourney included 48 teams in those years (52 if you count the preliminary play in games, 2 in Dayton, 2 in Philly). There were 6 teams in the Pullman portion (Georgetown 1, Duke 3, UW, 6, Miami (Oh) 8, SMU 9 and Nevada-Reno 11). Salt Lake City hosted the other 6 teams in the West region. The top 4 seeds in each region received byes into the second round. In 1984 3 of the 4 top seeded teams in the West lost in round 2. UW beat Duke (Johnny Dawkins and Jay Bilas). Oklahoma & UTEP also lost. Only mighty #1 Georgetown won and they only beat SMU and Jon Koncak by 1, but they did go on to win the NC by beating Houston in Seattle that year. I guess the byes were not a great advantage especially if you had to spend time waiting around Pullman or Moscow before playing your game. WARNING: Keep your players out of Rathskellers or any other dive bar. The Sweet 16 and E8 games were played in LA that year. Ray Meyer was the Depaul coach, and he had that program rolling in the late 70s and early 80s. Ray Guy punted for the Raiders, and he punted very well.

http://www.databasesports.com/ncaab/tourney.htm

Thank you for clearing up my NUMOROUS errors. Oh well I was kinda on the right track lol haha

spike_jr
03-29-2015, 09:04 AM
There are two things I feel will go a long way in determining the outcome.

1. Officiating. Whether the game is called tight or not does not concern me as much as whether or not is called evenly. If the refs "keep it fair", I like our chances.

2. Few. Are we going to see a loose Few who has done such a great job thus far in the tournament with the rotations, innovative game plans, and in-game adjustments? Or are we going to see ultra-tight and conservative Few that sticks stubbornly to the script rather than adjusting to the game that is happening in front of him? If we get loose Few, it bodes well for the outcome.

If we play our game, I like our chances.

Reborn
03-29-2015, 09:13 AM
Could there be a better team to play today then Duke? For me it's no. I have always dreamed about beating Duke in the NCAA Tournament. Today is our chance. What a day to have a dream come true.

Reborn
03-29-2015, 10:12 AM
Two things I can trust.

1. The Bpi. I have used this ranking system all year to get a sense of how good each team really is. This system takes all things into consideration. The BPI has had the Zags ahead of Duke all year, and has us ahead of them today. It has had wisconsin just ahead of Arizona. Kentucky of course has been #1 all year. It has Louisville 14 and Michigan St. 16; so we'll see. I know I want Mich. St because I like to play them...especially now. Like Duke.

2. I trust Dick Vitale. Why? One because he loves Duke, we all know he doees. And yet this morning he once again picks Gonzaga over Duke by the slimmest of slimmest of slim ness. hahahahah And second he has integrity as an announcer in my opinion.

Zags11
03-29-2015, 11:54 AM
Beat the dukies. Shine and move on. Gonna be a tight game and game of runs.

Zagger14
03-29-2015, 01:00 PM
Duck Fuke

Once and Future Zag
03-29-2015, 01:04 PM
Win or Lose - this season has been great as a GU grad and a fan.

Win or Lose - Our players should feel a huge amount of pride in what they've done so far, and the place they've put themselves.

Win or Lose - Our coaches and staff should also feel a huge amount in pride in bringing this young set of men together and developing them as a team.

Win - This game doesn't end the season, and our guys get another week to play together. Nothing is better.

Lose - This season ends, but we will know everything was left on the floor, and that today was not our day. It'll hurt, but we'll still all be Zags tomorrow, and that's a damn fine thing.

Bogozags
03-29-2015, 01:06 PM
This game will be decided on: if our big three can stay out of foul trouble; which team adjusts to this crazy stadium; and which team wins the glass. Let's hope our depth perception is much better than Friday Night and we play GREAT TEAM ball...make the extra pass and I'd like to see another 13 assists at the half...

Reborn
03-29-2015, 08:59 PM
I have never been more wrong. I just wanted to thank all of you who have made this thread so much fun this year. I thought you should know. We all know that it's been a great year. It's one we will always remember I'm sure. Here's to an even better team next year.