PDA

View Full Version : Can you express how special this is?

tyra
03-27-2015, 10:23 PM
Can you express how special this is? This team? This Coach (and staff)? This season? These players? This program? When Coach said after the win that these young men play for each other and love each other and just want to stay together as long as they can, I teared up. I simply cannot express how much fun I've had watching the Zags and being a (obsessed) fan. Such a source of joy. And that includes all of you who share your insights and whatever. 116 for his after game reports. WooHoo for his goofy drawings. BobZag for his driveby humor and intel. All of you. Thank you! Best season ever!

demian
03-27-2015, 10:30 PM
Can you express how special this is? This team? This Coach (and staff)? This season? These players? This program? When Coach said after the win that these young men play for each other and love each other and just want to stay together as long as they can, I teared up. I simply cannot express how much fun I've had watching the Zags and being a (obsessed) fan. Such a source of joy. And that includes all of you who share your insights and whatever. 116 for his after game reports. WooHoo for his goofy drawings. BobZag for his driveby humor and intel. All of you. Thank you! Best season ever!

No I cant explain how great it feels. So happy for the team and the coaches and univ and fans etc

72Prep
03-27-2015, 10:44 PM
Never been much of a poster and it's been years since I have, but I've never stopped loving GU. I will admit to DVRing regular season games in the past couple years in a hurried expectation of this moment. So happy for all the GU Nation.

It feels like vindication and victory.

CdAZagFan
03-28-2015, 12:10 AM
It's strange for me... That first Elite 8 run was magical and every win was a gift. This Elite 8 run is also very magical but in a different way - partly expected, definitely nervous, but now wondering what could still lie ahead?

TravelinZag
03-28-2015, 02:43 AM
Yes. Less special than the next win!

GO ZAGS! Tour game! Your year! Beat Duke!

Zagger
03-28-2015, 02:53 AM
http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/pangos3tiny.png

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
03-28-2015, 04:40 AM
Nicely stated indeed! Great post! There is a lot more that goes into getting to Final4's and winning National Championships than pure talent. If the Zags prepare well today and tomorrow morning these intangibles will come to the surface and we will all share as fans the glorious moment of a Final4 team cutting down the nets.

Have a blessed day to all...xo :)

Reborn
03-28-2015, 05:45 AM
I feel like I did when I used to hike. I would be hiking up this Mountain and I'd be looking up ahead and I felt like I could see the top. I climbed with excitement waiting to feel that high you get when you get to the top. And finally I'd get there, and suddenly I'd realize that it really isn't the top, that the top lies ahead, and it's an even steeper hill to climb. Yes. There is more to come.

RenoZag
03-28-2015, 07:21 AM
Got out of bed this morning with this thought:

My alma mater has a shot to go to The Final Four.

Feels pretty good.

TexasZagFan
03-28-2015, 07:25 AM
Got out of bed this morning with this thought:

My alma mater has a shot to go to The Final Four.

Feels pretty good.

Better yet, there were several thousand tickets available on Stub Hub.

Robzagnut
03-28-2015, 07:30 AM
How special is this?...

I'm supposed to get my a$$ off the couch and go hiking. Instead, I have my iPad on my lap and I'm reading y'all's posts about how special this is, and I can't stop reading and posting. I've read all the articles, watched all the shows, reread the articles, read y'all's posts, post my own thoughts and I don't want to stop. Because it's sooooo fun and it's been such a long wait.

Dogtownkid
03-28-2015, 07:35 AM
I love waking in the morning after a Zags' win. The first thought in my head is always "The Zags won last night."

TexasZagFan
03-28-2015, 08:06 AM
How special is this?...

I'm supposed to get my a$$ off the couch and go hiking. Instead, I have my iPad on my lap and I'm reading y'all's posts about how special this is, and I can't stop reading and posting. I've read all the articles, watched all the shows, reread the articles, read y'all's posts, post my own thoughts and I don't want to stop. Because it's sooooo fun and it's been such a long wait.

Enjoy the moment. My son's dog will have to wait on her walk until I replay the Iowa game. Damn dog is on my $hit list anyway. She now decides when she's gone far enough, and won't budge until we turn around. It's almost impossible to move a 75 pound dog when she's got her mind set.

Still, he moved out, and she's still with us. I call that a good trade. :lmao:

One down, one to go (my 28 YO daughter), and she closes on her condo in a couple of weeks. The Zags playing in the Elite 8 is pure gravy to this old Zag.

Reborn
03-28-2015, 08:12 AM
Enjoy the moment. My son's dog will have to wait on her walk until I replay the Iowa game. Damn dog is on my $hit list anyway. She now decides when she's gone far enough, and won't budge until we turn around. It's almost impossible to move a 75 pound dog when she's got her mind set.

Still, he moved out, and she's still with us. I call that a good trade. :lmao:

One down, one to go (my 28 YO daughter), and she closes on her condo in a couple of weeks. The Zags playing in the Elite 8 is pure gravy to this old Zag.

Are the Texans behind the Zags?

TexasZagFan
03-28-2015, 08:23 AM
Are the Texans behind the Zags?

All I know is, wherever I go, the Zags get nothing but props. Hell, I was flying out of Atlanta yesterday, and a couple of people shouted out, "Go Zags!"

When we played in Tulsa way back when, GoZags and I had a chance to briefly catch up with each other. Returning to my seat, I was asked if I went there...I was the first alum they had ever met. They didn't know the school's located in Spokane, but all they knew was they loved the Zags. They drove from Missouri just to see the game.

When I'm at a sports bar, I'll be asked by someone from a large university what it was like there. I dust off a couple of stories (we all have dozens), and the usual answer is "damn, my college experience was nothing like that."

Texans generally root for the underdog, except when the underdog is playing their team.

ZagsGoZags
03-28-2015, 08:54 AM
I can find no words ..
it is like trying to operate a farm with one of the pieces of equipment never working,
and now it has been fixed
it will take days and months for this to completely sink in
total happiness ....

cdools
03-28-2015, 09:06 AM
How special is this?... Its all said in Coach Few's post game comment on CBS after the win over UCLA, " It's the greatest. Means we get to hang out together for another 2 days. As close as this team is, that's the absolute strongest motivating factor."...Who wouldn't want to play for a coach like that? Who wouldn't want to play on a team like that?....Here's hoping those two days turn into another eight days!

Reborn
03-28-2015, 09:08 AM
All I know is, wherever I go, the Zags get nothing but props. Hell, I was flying out of Atlanta yesterday, and a couple of people shouted out, "Go Zags!"

When we played in Tulsa way back when, GoZags and I had a chance to briefly catch up with each other. Returning to my seat, I was asked if I went there...I was the first alum they had ever met. They didn't know the school's located in Spokane, but all they knew was they loved the Zags. They drove from Missouri just to see the game.

When I'm at a sports bar, I'll be asked by someone from a large university what it was like there. I dust off a couple of stories (we all have dozens), and the usual answer is "damn, my college experience was nothing like that."

Texans generally root for the underdog, except when the underdog is playing their team.

THANKS

GrizZAG
03-28-2015, 10:22 AM
Reflecting on those posts "they don't meet the eye test", "not playing like the elite teams" and so on, I am so elated they were wrong. I'd say making the 16 is passing the eye test.
To me the stars have aligned right with Wiltjer, Wesley and the Bonus coming into an already talented team that adds up to a serious powerhouse. We are experienced and this team has seen the bright lights before. I have never been so jacked about anything in sports as this. This version is the real deal and Duke is in for a surprise. Duke is no UK this year, they are in our league....maybe. Here's to hoping they get used to playing on the big ping pong table.

Zags11
03-28-2015, 01:10 PM
Lets do this. Nervous and pumped!