PDA

View Full Version : Dome Strategy Sunday: Keep The Shots Within 5 Feet

Zag4Hire
03-27-2015, 07:16 PM
Watching Duke-Utah just reinforces a lot about what has already been said tonight: Take it to the rack. Unfortunately it eliminates a lot of the dribble weave for open shots and a lot of the pick and pop but it will really come down to taking to the rim with dribble drive penetration, getting the bigs to work, and the occasional KW, PANG!, and assorted 3 balls. Duke is really putting pressure on the perimeter forcing Utah out of their offensive sets and getting some sloppy turnovers. If Zags are forceful with the rock, the Zags should be in good hands.

krozman
03-27-2015, 07:23 PM
I'm curious how much more money they get playing in a Dome. Doesn't the TV deal overshadow any additional money gained by such a crappy venue?

Birddog
03-27-2015, 07:26 PM
I'm curious how much more money they get playing in a Dome. Doesn't the TV deal overshadow any additional money gained by such a crappy venue?

They don't get much more as in this case they only sold in the neighborhood of 20,000 tickets. Next year however, for the FF they will sell out and there will be people pissed about not getting tickets for lousy seats.

gueastcoast
03-27-2015, 07:26 PM
One thing that I thought worked well tonight -- the sweet bank floaters that KP and Wesley excel at coming down the lane, and KW does from the block. Use the backboard inside 12 feet.

KStyles
03-27-2015, 07:36 PM

None, the units are set.

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-march-madness-basketball-fund/

Birddog
03-27-2015, 07:45 PM
None, the units are set.

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-march-madness-basketball-fund/

I think he means how much the NCAA takes in, at least that is what I was addressing.

Robzagnut
03-27-2015, 07:57 PM
Should be better the second game. Steve Smith said it takes at least one game to get used to the difference. Hopefully, the GU gym rats can get the keys and do some late night shooting practice.

KStyles
03-27-2015, 07:58 PM
I think he means how much the NCAA takes in, at least that is what I was addressing.

Ah, gotcha.

gobroncsgozags
03-27-2015, 08:01 PM
Should be better the second game. Steve Smith said it takes at least one game to get used to the difference. Hopefully, the GU gym rats can get the keys and do some late night shooting practice.

I agree with this (hoping at least). I know there wasn't any evidence tonight, but I really think we will shoot much better on Sunday. A couple hitting early will do wonders for the confidence, hopefully negating the weird sightlines.

DixieZag
03-27-2015, 08:29 PM

That is what I'm hoping. Going back in to the shoot around tomorrow, I'll bet Few takes advantage of that "extra shootaround" offer (like they did yesterday) and has them just launching half the time, trying to find their range.

I think it is necessary, b/c I don't doubt we'll need to hit some shots against Duke. We can't "just" go inside against them. We need some production from our guards to keep them honest.

caduceus
03-27-2015, 08:33 PM
Team Made Attempts % Gonzaga 3 19 16% Duke 3 14 21% UCLA 4 13 23% Utah 4 16 25%

krozman
03-27-2015, 08:53 PM
Ya I guess the point is...... do they have to assign huge domes to these events? I'm sure when 15,000 more people can come to the game someone is making more money....but at some point you start to question the integrity of the game. If the money involved is small in comparison to the total income of the event.....why do it? Do stadiums bid on the opportunity or does the NCAA have control?

I dunno, maybe my assumption (that domes are a problem) is just my assumption. But when 4 teams can't shoot for their average, somethings gotta be said.