PDA

View Full Version : Utah V. Duke

DixieZag
03-27-2015, 06:08 PM
Looks like both these teams are suffering from the same "Dome Disease" that are game had.

7-5 at near the 12:00 timeout?

Who do we want?

I kind of want Duke.

But, I know we are likely better off facing Utah.

katman50
03-27-2015, 06:13 PM
I really don't care who we get. We got the jitters out of us. Game on for whomever!

jazzdelmar
03-27-2015, 06:15 PM
Naa. Duke by 15. Going inside. Their K is better, smarter.

bballbeachbum
03-27-2015, 06:26 PM
man, come on. classic Duke BS...that call makes no sense at all! it's revealing, and I hate saying that

Kong-Kool-Aid
Duke getting ref home cooking like usual. Terrible call on wright for a 3rd foul.

jazzdelmar
Disgusting call if I were larry I would get a T now

Few better be ready to push refs on Okafor charges.

Kong-Kool-Aid
03-27-2015, 06:27 PM
man, come on. classic Duke BS...that call makes no sense at all! it's revealing, and I hate saying that

Which is why I'd rather play Utah.

bballbeachbum
03-27-2015, 06:27 PM

good call man

DixieZag
03-27-2015, 06:31 PM

I am trying to stay away from my conspiracy theory tendencies on this match-up, but it sure does seem that CBS would love them some UK v. Duke in the final.

CDC84
03-27-2015, 06:32 PM
Utah is falling to pieces without Wright in there. He is so essential to their team.

If Duke wins, it will be interesting to see how GU defends Okafor. I just wouldn't double him. It opens up too many driving lanes. Notre Dame just rotated different guys on Okafor and made him work. He scored a bunch of points, but it frustrated the rest of Duke's offense. If Karno and Sabonis can stay out of foul trouble, I have to believe they could defend Okafor better than NDU's guys.

jazzdelmar
Utah totally dispirited.

bballbeachbum
anyone remember Anthony Myles? not a big name but he was schooling Duke's Sheldon Williams for Xavier years ago in the tournament, Elite 8 game I think, not sure, anyway

Sheldon Williams started to back into Myles, and "tweet"

whatever...seen this crap before

jazzdelmar
03-27-2015, 06:35 PM
Koach K has no shame, seems to feel entitled to this favored treatment. Won't see that from Izzo, Pitino, Few.

Birddog
03-27-2015, 06:36 PM
Sheldon Williams, OKC guy that got away. Didn't do anything of note post Duke.

DixieZag
Utah is falling to pieces without Wright in there. He is so essential to their team.

If Duke wins, it will be interesting to see how GU defends Okafor. I just wouldn't double him. It opens up too many driving lanes. Notre Dame just rotated different guys on Okafor and made him work. He scored a bunch of points, but it frustrated the rest of Duke's offense. If Karno and Sabonis can stay out of foul trouble, I have to believe they could defend Okafor better than NDU's guys.

Interesting.

But, with the difficult shooting environment, wouldn't you double (or at least pack it in) until they show you they can hit threes? I would think that is damn sure what they're going to do with us.

I hope Few spends near the entire practice tomorrow letting all the guys just bomb away until they feel comfortable. We are going to have to hit some 3s to win against Duke.

Kong-Kool-Aid
Hah, Coach K mad at the call against Okafor, expect the newly chewed out refs to call more in favor of Duke.

jazzdelmar
03-27-2015, 06:37 PM
Hah, Coach K mad at the call against Okafor, expect the newly chewed out refs to call more in favor of Duke.

That's what I mean. Shameless

DixieZag
03-27-2015, 06:41 PM

Refs experienced enough to get a Sweet 16 game really ought to know better than to cross Coach K.

I can tell right now it is going to be awful Sunday.

CDC84
03-27-2015, 06:44 PM
But, with the difficult shooting environment, wouldn't you double (or at least pack it in) until they show you they can hit threes? I would think that is damn sure what they're going to do with us.

yeah, but those doubles create driving lanes, and Jones and Winslow exploit them. Your perimeters have to recover immediately after he throws it out of the post.

bballbeachbum
03-27-2015, 06:46 PM
Sheldon Williams, OKC guy that got away. Didn't do anything of note post Duke.

exactly

zagamatic
03-27-2015, 06:48 PM

I'm kinda in the Notre Dame frame of mind in letting Karnowski and Sabonis take him one on one. It's Winslow and Jefferson that scare me from duke. And they both benefit from doubles on Okafor.

jazzdelmar
03-27-2015, 06:48 PM
exactly

Perhaps the ugliest player in CBB history.

seacatfan
03-27-2015, 06:50 PM

Somehow married Candace Parker. Biggest upset in basketball history?

bballbeachbum
03-27-2015, 06:51 PM

ha! a unique look for sure

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-27-2015, 06:56 PM
That 3rd foul called on Utahs starting point guard was worst call of the tourney. Utes gotta stay in the 8-10 point range of Duke until half

RenoZag
03-27-2015, 07:03 PM
What do you think ??

Zagceo
03-27-2015, 07:06 PM
Eddie Munster ----Jones

gonzagafan62
03-27-2015, 07:06 PM
Both teams are very beatable.

jazzdelmar
03-27-2015, 07:09 PM
Utah choking like bunnies.

Okafor is porcine looking.

ZagLawGrad
03-27-2015, 07:09 PM
We can beat either of these teams

jazzdelmar
03-27-2015, 07:11 PM
Koach gets six points from refs. Few has to push refs on Okafor charges.

surfmonkey89
03-27-2015, 07:11 PM
We can win

jazzdelmar
03-27-2015, 07:13 PM
Super all american wright showing me nothing.

Kong-Kool-Aid
03-27-2015, 07:13 PM
Utah winning the battle of the boards, just can't sink anything. They figure out their shooting they will make this a game.

DixieZag
03-27-2015, 07:15 PM
CBS loving their courtside "flow" camera, looking for any reason to use it - - finding no good ones, not caring, using it anyway//

bballbeachbum
03-27-2015, 07:17 PM
Winslow fouled on that play too imo

jazzdelmar
03-27-2015, 07:19 PM
Never seen a Dookie do that. And wasn't that a charge ?

jazzdelmar
03-27-2015, 07:21 PM
Super all American wright looks like most overrated player in America.

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-27-2015, 07:21 PM
Duke quickness - Jones, Cook and Winslow esp - will be a problem. Wiltjer a big problem for Duke.

Bell and Pangos will have to stay out of foul trouble. PK has to get Okafor in foul trouble

Zag4Hire
03-27-2015, 07:22 PM
Utah is the Iowa of the S16.

seacatfan
03-27-2015, 07:23 PM

Are you basing that on 1 game? I've seen him a handful of times, he's a darn good ball player who will be making a very nice living in the NBA next year. Wiltjer wasn't exactly impressive against UCLA today, but we all know that was not a typical performance for him.

jazzdelmar
03-27-2015, 07:28 PM
Are you basing that on 1 game? I've seen him a handful of times, he's a darn good ball player who will be making a very nice living in the NBA next year. Wiltjer wasn't exactly impressive against UCLA today, but we all know that was not a typical performance for him.

Operative word "looks." Don't be such a Pac Ten honk

CDC84
03-27-2015, 07:29 PM
Utah is expending so much effort in trying to stop Okafor that they are forgetting about the two other future lottery picks on the floor. I just think it's a mistake.

Utah is known throughout this season for going into offensive funks. You have to score to beat Duke.

Zag4Hire
03-27-2015, 07:31 PM
Fittingly, Ok-Mich State playing a real old school version of the Big East type game. Rather enjoyable.

ChicagoZag
03-27-2015, 07:32 PM
I think if Gonzaga can use the depth of the bigs to make Okafor work hard for anything he gets and possibly create foul issues for him, that will go a long way to the outcome being the one we want to see.

Kong-Kool-Aid
03-27-2015, 07:34 PM
We will need to feed Duke with a healthy dose of down low and hope the refs decide not to "Dook" it and actually call something against Okafor.

Then we stick bell on Winslow.

jazzdelmar
03-27-2015, 07:35 PM
We will need to feed Duke with a healthy dose of down low and hope the refs decide not to "Dook" it and actually call something against Okafor.

Then we stick bell on Winslow.

Whoa. Winslow has about Six inches on GB

zagsfanforlife
03-27-2015, 07:36 PM

Seriously?

Just because he cant hit on these rinky dink rims much like Pangos, Wiltjer and everyone else shooting from outside, doesnt mean hes overrated. Dudes probably a 1st team all american and one of the best players in the country. I wont be surprised when hes an all-star in the pros.

Jakester425
03-27-2015, 07:37 PM
After our game and this game it is apparent that not only is this a horrible venue but the rims are the stiffest Ive ever seen...

zagsfanforlife
03-27-2015, 07:37 PM
Tyus Jones too quick for anyone we have. Winslow too big and quick for anyone we have to guard. Those are two issues. I love this GU team and will be rooting like hell for them. Going to be a tough one though.

bballbeachbum
03-27-2015, 07:38 PM
that call...denies a basket. bs

DixieZag
03-27-2015, 07:39 PM
Hard to believe that this Michigan State team is the same one that lost on its home floor to Southern Texas.

Funny thing, at the time, I thought "I'll bet they'll be good by the time of the tournament."

caduceus
03-27-2015, 07:41 PM
Six point game. I don't think the Utes can overcome both Duke and the refs.

We'll have similar problems on Sunday if Duke wins.

jazzdelmar
03-27-2015, 07:42 PM
Seriously?

Just because he cant hit on these rinky dink rims much like Pangos, Wiltjer and everyone else shooting from outside, doesnt mean hes overrated. Dudes probably a 1st team all american and one of the best players in the country. I wont be surprised when hes an all-star in the pros.

NOPE. I don't see that. Looks more D league to me

Kong-Kool-Aid
Whoa. Winslow has about Six inches on GB

Who else matches up with him?

bballbeachbum
foul? nice finish but come on. those replays show a lot
got to overcome and overwhelm that, and if it's Duke on Sunday, so be it

jazzdelmar
03-27-2015, 07:44 PM
Spangler real quiet tonite

seacatfan
03-27-2015, 07:44 PM
Operative word "looks." Don't be such a Pac Ten honk

Right, you indicated he's the most overrated player in the country (twice) then back pedaled based on semantics when I called you on it. I have to be a Pac 12 honk to counterbalance you.

jazzdelmar
03-27-2015, 07:45 PM

No one really. Maybe Mac

jazzdelmar
03-27-2015, 07:46 PM
Right, you indicated he's the most overrated player in the country (twice) then back pedaled based on semantics when I called you on it. I have to be a Pac 12 honk to counterbalance you.

Oh please. Put your Sean Elliott jersey on for tomws. beatdiwn

This is a Zag board. Why are u even here? Go balance some other board

seacatfan
03-27-2015, 07:53 PM
NOPE. I don't see that. Looks more D league to me

You heard it here first from Jazz. This will be fun to revisit in a couple years.

seacatfan
03-27-2015, 07:55 PM
Oh please. Put your Sean Elliott jersey on for tomws. beatdiwn

This is a Zag board. Why are u even here? Go balance some other board

Should I just chock it up to you being a New Yorker that you come off as a bit abrasive and all knowing some of the time?

You seriously don't think I'm a Zag fan? A person can have more than one team they actively root for.

bballbeachbum
03-27-2015, 08:02 PM
another Oh Wow call

seacatfan
03-27-2015, 08:07 PM
Okafor only has 6 points this game, all those people that think he's the best college player in the country must have no idea what they're talking about and he's really just totally average.

mtzaga
03-27-2015, 08:09 PM
Game over.

john montana

I bet we put Wesley on Winslow and hide wiiltjer on Matt jones. I like Duke, watch a ton of their games. I am 100% with cdc; we need to single cover okafor. Trying to recover after a double against Duke is going to be tough. They can all shoot it and they will all go to the bucket on a closeout. We can absolutely beat them.

McZag
I really don't care who we get. We got the jitters out of us. Game on for whomever!

This. Let 's get used to the dome and just play.....

caduceus
Beat Duke (and the refs).

Hoopaholic
03-27-2015, 08:10 PM
I bet we put Wesley on Winslow and hide wiiltjer on Matt jones. I like Duke, watch a ton of their games. I am 100% with cdc; we need to single cover okafor. Trying to recover after a double against Duke is going to be tough. They can all shoot it and they will all go to the bucket on a closeout. We can absolutely beat them.

this same as pepperdine game matchup

PeninsulaDog
03-27-2015, 08:12 PM
Should I just chock it up to you being a New Yorker that you come off as a bit abrasive and all knowing some of the time?

You seriously don't think I'm a Zag fan? A person can have more than one team they actively root for.

To paraphrase hippies, "come on people now, smile on your brother...". Tonight, of all nights, let's not have intrabulldog squabbling. And I might be the biggest misanthrope on the planet. And for the record, Jazz is the board member I'd probably most want to have a beer with. (Already had a beer with Sili so he doesn't count.)

WBM
03-27-2015, 08:13 PM
I'm glad to be playing Duke. I only caught the last few minutes of this game but what a classless showing by Utah.

seacatfan
03-27-2015, 08:15 PM
To paraphrase hippies, "come on people now, smile on your brother...". Tonight, of all nights, let's not have intrabulldog squabbling. And I might be the biggest misanthrope on the planet. And for the record, Jazz is the board member I'd probably most want to have a beer with. (Already had a beer with Sili so he doesn't count.)

You're right, my bad. But he started it.

DixieZag
03-27-2015, 08:22 PM
Izzo could coach an 8th grade CYO team deep into the tournament.

Perhaps the greatest living basketball coach - yes, Coach K? Suck it. I think Izzo is better. He gets players to come to E. Lansing, to not even the most prestigious public school in his state, and look where he is, again.

Birddog
03-27-2015, 08:24 PM
Oklahoma has collapsed at the end of games several times this year. I'm starting to question Kruegers end of game tactics. I kind of feel bad for our ex Zag.

Ekrub
03-27-2015, 08:26 PM
I'm glad to be playing Duke. I only caught the last few minutes of this game but what a classless showing by Utah.

Switched over to Michigan state Oklahoma. Why was it classless?

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
03-27-2015, 08:36 PM
Okafor only has 6 points this game, all those people that think he's the best college player in the country must have no idea what they're talking about and he's really just totally average.
Utah doubled him all night. Team players pass out of doubles. Hopefully he is "average" as you call him on Sunday. ;) I would rather have the utmost respect for my opponent.

WBM
03-27-2015, 08:42 PM
Switched over to Michigan state Oklahoma. Why was it classless?

With the game finally out of reach, the players tried to panic foul the times. The clock ran out without any calls; game over; hand shake line etc. Then the refs review and put 0.7 sec on the clock. Then some Utah player chucked up a full court shot with that time.

The body language was of sore losers.

seacatfan
03-27-2015, 10:34 PM
Utah doubled him all night. Team players pass out of doubles. Hopefully he is "average" as you call him on Sunday. ;) I would rather have the utmost respect for my opponent.

I was being a smart a** to make a point. Yes, Okafor is a very good player that will probably have a very big impact on the game on Sunday.

jazzdelmar
03-28-2015, 09:32 AM

OK, let's use the time between games to get some things straight. This is a Zag centric board and its laced with opinions. I don't need anyone to "counterbalance," correct or "call me" on my opinions. If I feel Wright is vastly overrated that's my, well, right. You can certainly enthusiastically agree, vehemently disagree or, preferably, stay silent. If you feel you have a factual correction, feel free to offer. Glad to hear it. But neither me nor this board needs a schoolmarm to chide us when our opinions stray from what you believe is the right path. I'm still puzzled why you are here so much. I recall you appeared before the Zona game and like the man who came to dinner you have just stayed, and stayed. Fair enough, all are welcome I guess. But surely there are any number of Zona centric boards you can correct, call posters on or counterbalance. You might be interested to know I am an admirer of the Zona program, esp the Lute era, and that I personally know many ex Cat greats, from Stevie Kerr to Jud Buechler, from Khalid Reeves to Kevin Flanagan. And in my OPINION the Cats shld have tried to hire Kerr before the Pillsbury Dough Coach. Enjoy the game.