PDA

View Full Version : OT: Jack and Dan's

Bouldin4Prez
03-23-2015, 08:02 PM
I have never watched a game at Jack and Dan's before and am contemplating driving to Spokane to watch Friday's game there. Good idea? Bad idea? How early should I get there?

Reborn
03-23-2015, 09:10 PM
If you're into partying in Spokane and in particular around GU, then go, man. Have some fun that you'll never forget because Gonzaga's going to win this one, and it's going to be quite an experience for you, brother. Go early, realy early and get a good seat, and mingle with the fans. Have fun. I have never been to Jack and Dan's so I can not tell you exactly when to go, but someone here on the board will. Sorry. I just wanted to tell you to go.

TheZagPhish
03-23-2015, 09:28 PM
Should be a terrific adventure! There is probably no such thing as too early for this one, so plan accordingly. From there, follow Reborn's advice and start making friends. Should be a memorable experience to say the least.

El Voce once took me to a game and we met up with zagzealot beforehand at Jack and Dan's for dinner and drinks. Fantastic time. I've also met up with a number of board members there over the years before games; it's always packed, buzzing and happy.

You'll thank yourself. Get in there!

:cheers:

ZaGranny
03-23-2015, 09:28 PM
My suggestion:

Book a room at the Red Lion and walk over to J and D's then take a cab back.

We have not been for a game, but we have been there before games a coule of times and it's a lot of fun.

ZaGranny

TheGonzagaFactor
03-24-2015, 07:23 AM
Have they updated their TVs? I was about to go in for the Ohio State NCAA game 3 years ago but it looked like all old crappy TVs.

CdAZagFan
03-24-2015, 07:45 AM
I was wondering if there is going to be a large screen set up on campus somewhere to go watch with the students? I'd love to be in the middle of that... Because I worked in CdA at the time, the last Elite 8 run I spent watching it in the North Idaho College Cafeteria - it was packed and probably just as crazy as being on the GU campus!

So if anyone knows of a spot on campus where they will be showing it, let me know...

TacomaZAG
03-24-2015, 08:15 AM
I was wondering if there is going to be a large screen set up on campus somewhere to go watch with the students? I'd love to be in the middle of that... Because I worked in CdA at the time, the last Elite 8 run I spent watching it in the North Idaho College Cafeteria - it was packed and probably just as crazy as being on the GU campus!

So if anyone knows of a spot on campus where they will be showing it, let me know...

CdA - My niece is currently attending GU and she said the Crosby Center was crazy during the ZAG watch of the Iowa game. Not sure they will repeat the ZAG watch for the UCLA game but I bet they do...............

Go ZAGS

Zag 77
03-24-2015, 09:55 AM
If you can't go to Houston, this is the next best thing. Being with serious GU fans is great. If the game Friday is at 4:15 I would get there to get a seat by 1:00 if not earlier.

Zagger
03-24-2015, 10:29 AM
I'm likely going to J&D's too and have been there for games before. It's fun! The quality of the TVs are OK - what you can't see you'll certainly hear crowd feedback about. For Friday ..... you'll likely want to have an alternate destination in mind. That's what I'm doing .... the earliest I can get to J&D's is 3PM. Very good chance it will be full by then. If so - head to alternate location! I've usually been lucky to find a table an hour before a Zags home game and tables free up as fans head to the home game. But, I've not been there during an away game. I suspect the best MO would be to go for lunch and stay put. In that case ZaGranny's tip of getting a cab ride from J&D's just might be necessary (they have some good beers on tap). If you do drive ... parking on a side street east of the place has been best for us (rather than trying to find a place in their parking lot).

Zagceo
03-24-2015, 10:36 AM
My suggestion:

Book a room at the Red Lion and walk over to J and D's then take a cab back.

We have not been for a game, but we have been there before games a coule of times and it's a lot of fun.

ZaGranny

The only way to go.

I've done it more than once!

bballbeachbum
03-24-2015, 11:03 AM
If you can't go to Houston, this is the next best thing. Being with serious GU fans is great.

I wish I was close enough to watch games there! being with serious GU fans is why I hang out on the game thread. Have fun Bouldin4Prez!

CdAZagFan
03-24-2015, 03:56 PM
CdA - My niece is currently attending GU and she said the Crosby Center was crazy during the ZAG watch of the Iowa game. Not sure they will repeat the ZAG watch for the UCLA game but I bet they do...............

Go ZAGS

Sounds great... I may have to check this out. Thanks for the tip.

zagporvida
03-25-2015, 04:27 PM
I personally do not like watching games at J&D's as the tvs are small and the sound was not up enough so i could not hear the game. Now granted it was not a tournament game so there may have not been much interest in listening but for me it was not a good experience. To each his own though.

In regards to watching games in Crosby it is great to be with all the students but of course there is no alcohol involved at least not while you are watching. I stayed in the back though so the students could have the couches and chairs. So I basically stood behind the crowd or sat on the big table in the back. They had it on the big screen so the resolution was not great but it was fun to be around the excitement.

Zagsker
03-25-2015, 06:26 PM
I have such a hard time watching a game anywhere but home. 60" HD, surround sound, ability to rewind, pause and take a smoke break for superstitious reasons, high quality beer at store prices...I can stretch the game experience out to 3+ hours without hearing a final score peep (turn off the phone and warn the wife and kids).

Nebraska football can take me 5 hours to watch and I love every minute of it

Hoopaholic
03-25-2015, 06:31 PM
I have such a hard time watching a game anywhere but home. 60" HD, surround sound, ability to rewind, pause and take a smoke break for superstitious reasons, high quality beer at store prices...I can stretch the game experience out to 3+ hours without hearing a final score peep (turn off the phone and warn the wife and kids).

Nebraska football can take me 5 hours to watch and I love every minute of it

love it

CdAZagFan
03-25-2015, 07:23 PM
Thought I just heard the tail end of a commercial on the radio advertising a Game Watch in Spokane at the Bing Crosby Theater... Anyone hear the details? That may be fun...

It's funny to read some of the posts here... I am the same way as most of the posters (would rather watch on my home TV with my home conveniences if I can't be there in person), but unfortunately I need to be in Spokane anyway later that evening so thought I would take my nervous energy and surround myself with other fans!

EDITED: Just looked up the Bing Crosby website and they are advertising showing it free on their big screen with $3 beers. Doors open at 3:15...

Zagceo
03-25-2015, 07:36 PM
http://www.bingcrosbytheater.com/uploads/event/images/full/907-gonzaga-vs-ucla.jpg?m=1427218437