PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Levine Video

Angelo Roncalli
03-23-2015, 12:46 PM
Interesting stuff. He's been a little hard on GU in the past.

http://q13fox.com/2015/03/22/commentary-loyalties-aside-gonzaga-deserves-more-local-love-or-at-least-less-local-hate/

gonzagafan62
03-23-2015, 12:50 PM
Great video ... I completely agree with him. Thanks for sharing.

SWZag
03-23-2015, 12:52 PM
Interesting stuff. He's been a little hard on GU in the past.

http://q13fox.com/2015/03/22/commentary-loyalties-aside-gonzaga-deserves-more-local-love-or-at-least-less-local-hate/

Thanks for sharing. Glad to see this guy gets it.

rennis
03-23-2015, 01:01 PM
Thanks Aaron! Glad he gets it, and sees the bigger picture. Not all of the Seattle media is as enlightened, but more and more of them seem to be picking up on it. Brock and Salk's visit to the Kennel in February was huge, for fans of the program that listen to Seattle Sports radio.

FuManShoes
03-23-2015, 03:00 PM
Great spot. I've tweeted and texted Mitch Levy about 10 times now, to no avail. I mostly like his show but really hate his continued sniping about the Zags based solely on his personal feud with Few. People who know sports and especially those who get paid to talk sports should be the last ones ragging on a program that is the model of consistency and over achievement.

I thought this line from the WashPost story (http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/03/23/ncaa-tournament-2015-how-do-you-like-gonzaga-now/)summed up what may be bothering some folks, and yet I'd argue that if winning a game in a tourney that less than 20% of schools even make every year is "plateauing," then more should aspire to that flat line.

In a way, Gonzaga doomed itself with success. In the past 16 seasons, Gonzaga ascended from a small-conference curiosity to a nationally known commodity. As the country watched for the Bulldogs to take the next step, they plateaued instead. They emerged as a program to be reckoned with, but not a powerhouse.

U Zig, I Zag
03-23-2015, 03:20 PM
W post story says zags lost twice as a #1 before the e8? Did I read that right?

caduceus
03-23-2015, 06:03 PM
W post story says zags lost twice as a #1 before the e8? Did I read that right?

You think they fact check a West Coast team on the East Coast? Surprised they even put a story together. Same old drivel this time of year. I don't know how many times I've seen it mentioned that we were the "overall #1 seed" two years ago.

spike_jr
03-23-2015, 08:00 PM
Levine mentions the 10 game series, which ended 9 years ago but fails to mention the results of those 10 games. That is a very important piece of the puzzle and I suspect it has more to do with the animosity than most anything else.

Mantua
03-23-2015, 08:16 PM
Levine mentions the 10 game series, which ended 9 years ago but fails to mention the results of those 10 games. That is a very important piece of the puzzle and I suspect it has more to do with the animosity than most anything else.

My take is that if he truly is trying to engender good feelings and loyalty among northwest teams and fans, he would not rub someone's nose in their losses while making the pitch.

DixieZag
03-23-2015, 08:57 PM
Thanks Aaron! Glad he gets it, and sees the bigger picture. Not all of the Seattle media is as enlightened, but more and more of them seem to be picking up on it. Brock and Salk's visit to the Kennel in February was huge, for fans of the program that listen to Seattle Sports radio.

I listened to their show the day after they went to the game. They raved about GU and the Kennel, but even beyond that they raved about the area, the river, the downtown area. It almost sounded like astronauts who went to a new planet and found all this beautiful stuff they never expected. It was good to hear but also kind of mind-boggling how western WA views everything on this side of the mountains - a whole other planet.

TacomaZAG
03-24-2015, 06:39 AM
Dear UW Fans:

Jealousy is an angry mistress...........

Can't wait to rekindle the "rivalry" in two years.

Go ZAGS

cjm720
03-24-2015, 06:48 AM
Dear UW Fans:

Jealousy is an angry mistress...........

Can't wait to rekindle the "rivalry" in two years.

Go ZAGS

It's not just UW fans, it's many Seattle area fans that listen to KJR and that d.b., Mitch in the Morning. He doesn't hide his dislike for Coach Few. Mitch also has a couple disciples that have their own shows on different stations and they appear to not favor Coach as well. Not 100% sure of the actual origin, but I believe Few snubbed Mitch for a national radio interview and Mitch has never let it go. And, yes, jealousy does have a lot to do with it!

Ezag
03-24-2015, 09:50 AM
Great video and report by Aaron Levine Q13 Fox