PDA

View Full Version : Over/under on times ESPN and CBS show video of Ammo at end of game in 2006?

azzagfan
03-22-2015, 10:11 PM
I hope the number isn't too high, but I'm realistic. Hopefully the guys can use this as additional motivation as the prepare for the Bruins.

zagirl2k
03-22-2015, 10:25 PM
Too many for any Zag fan!

9 years later and that one still hurts. Time to get some revenge this year!

MJ777
03-22-2015, 10:30 PM
Too many for any Zag fan!

9 years later and that one still hurts. Time to get some revenge this year!

This year's team can partially erase that bad memory, but I'll still feel bad for Ammo and that team because they deserved better. They were the better team, but it just wasn't to be that day.

Rangerzag
03-22-2015, 11:51 PM
Game over.

Walked into Key area about 3:30pm Sunday.

Glanced over my shoulder and there in a concession stand was a screen with Ammo on the floor at the end of that game.

sullyzag66
03-23-2015, 12:17 AM
During the broadcast of the W. Virginia/Maryland game they mentioned the upcoming Zag/UCLA game and talked about the game in Oakland that "left Adam Morrison crying on the floor." No video but they'll be looping that soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zagger
03-23-2015, 05:33 AM
Dang! It's going to be a very long week waiting for Friday's game! My only solace is that with each minute I feel Zag determination and preaparation will only grow! Go Zags! Leave UCLA wet faced this time!

Zagsker
03-23-2015, 05:38 AM
This year's team can partially erase that bad memory, but I'll still feel bad for Ammo and that team because they deserved better. They were the better team, but it just wasn't to be that day.

That loss sucked so bad and even though he annoyed the hell outta me I felt bad for Adam Morrison on that day

Birddog
03-23-2015, 05:51 AM
Will they try to balance that memory with mention of Gonzaga handing UCLA the worst drubbing in the history of Pauley? I doubt it.

Zags11
03-23-2015, 05:54 AM
12. Its gonna be the storyline. I want us to win and erase part of that memory away.

jazzdelmar
03-23-2015, 05:56 AM
Pre-game, too many references. Too easy and enticing an angle for the TV nitwits. However, as the game winds down to a GU win, the angle shifts and we see Ammo glistening on the bench as the v/o intones, turnabout...... Wait for it. Even Seth Dukis joins in, for a moment, as he then warns the GU run will be ended by his team on Sunday, He is sooooo astute.

gueastcoast
03-23-2015, 06:10 AM
I'm ok with them showing 2006 as long as they splice cut it with the spanking we gave them in Pauley in December.

DixieZag
03-23-2015, 06:22 AM
I hope they play it and play it and play it.

Players may not understand why there should be a grudge over completely different players on each team and having been 11 at the time. But, they can see it effect the fan base, the AD, the Coaches, and Adam, standing right in front of them.

Zagquette
03-23-2015, 06:29 AM
Remember the AdamMo...the game is in texas afterall.

http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/cwnevius/2006/03/26/morrison-400.jpg

Also how many times is Morrison going to be tnterviewed?

SWZag
03-23-2015, 06:34 AM
I call his reaction passion. And I don't' think there's enough passion in the game today. That's why Sabonis is great to watch for his fire, enthusiasm and passion.

CdAZagFan
03-23-2015, 08:23 AM
I really feel bad for Ammo... He's going to be hounded all week. Agree with SWZag - that's all about passion and that's why I love college basketball - incredible passion from these student athletes. On Friday we replace that video of Ammo crying with another video of Mark Few doing handstands in the middle of the GU huddle...

Forgot to answer original post, but I'm guessing that video gets shown at least 3 times a day up until Friday, during which we will probably see it 5 or 6, so I'm going to say Over 18

bballbeachbum
03-23-2015, 08:24 AM
only wish I could be there on Friday, like I was back in Oakland

WBM
03-23-2015, 08:41 AM
4 or more

WBM
03-23-2015, 08:42 AM
Also how many times is Morrison going to be tnterviewed?

I'm guessing none. I don't think the media has any access to Adam, and he doesn't seem to want the attention.

Bocco
03-23-2015, 08:50 AM
I hope they play it and play it and play it.

Players may not understand why there should be a grudge over completely different players on each team and having been 11 at the time. But, they can see it effect the fan base, the AD, the Coaches, and Adam, standing right in front of them.

I'm with you Dixie. I hope it's played so much that this year's team comes out and buries UCLA, and the Bruins beg the networks never to show it again.

Rangerzag
03-23-2015, 07:10 PM
So much is made at times of pros not having any enthusiasm for the game they play. When I saw a part of that clip yesterday my reaction was a realization of how Adam left every bit of effort expended on the game and how different it was from those pros who could seemingly care less. He had the fire burning red hot and spent it all. I am still proud of him.

thickman1
03-23-2015, 08:28 PM
Behind closed doors speech by Adam: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d_S1F1Zha_k

jazzdelmar
03-23-2015, 08:38 PM
Not many. Zags are in same pod as Dook so there will be precious little oxygen for the Zags between Koach K features, delivered by the 225 Ex Dookie who are amazingly all qualified to carry out broadcast duties.

thegloriousgoateeofKP
03-23-2015, 08:41 PM
I'll just submit that the 2006 game means much more to us fans than to:

--the current players, who might not even have known Gonzaga existed at the time
--the players on that team. Athletes are always taught the value of short memories.
--the coaching staff, which is built to maintain an even keel, to treat every game the same, and to take them all one at a time.

Sure, it'll be all over the media. But I don't think it'll be used as motivation or "bulletin board material." I don't think Adam Morrison will be giving a pre-game speech. For the players and coaches, this isn't a "revenge" game; it's just another game that they must devote all their attention to and take "one at a time."

We fans are the ones who ascribe a narrative to it. That said, let's kick the living $%%^ out of UCLA

DixieZag
03-23-2015, 08:43 PM
12. Its gonna be the storyline. I want us to win and erase part of that memory away.

I think this should be emailed to the CBS Sports Execs. Put under the topic, "Must-Know Fact RE: UCLA v. Gonzaga and Morrison" Someone will read it, and likely say "Aha! There's an angle most people don't know."

Eh viola' it's out there and on the broadcast, the first time the game is mentioned, you'll hear Nance say, "What few people know is that Gonzaga gave UCLA...." and Raftery will say something about all the games played in that building by great teams but that one was the worst? Onions!

MickMick
03-23-2015, 08:59 PM
As a coach, Ammo is around this group every day. What this team will be reminded of is a man that hated to lose more than he loved to win. Not necessarily a bad thing, on the contrary, an attribute shared by a few legendary sports figures.

If as a coach, Ammo has won the favor of this team, I expect they will want some payback. Not just for Ammo, but for coach Few who endured the event as well.

Then again, for a game of this magnitude, extra motivation should not be a critical component for success.

In the end, it is better to go into the game slightly annoyed. It helps mitigate the outside noise.

TheZagPhish
03-23-2015, 09:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NoeH_RkmcA

Okay, so maybe not that many people cried when Adam hit the NBA. What I like about this video - ad that it is - is Morrison's willingness to own his passion. It really did matter. It really did hurt. And he couldn't care less what you or I think about that.

Further, he has come so far since then as a man, a father and now mentor & coach for arguably the finest squad GU has put on the hardwood. My hat's off to Ammo. I'm so glad he's still connected to Spokane and GU. Morrison is humble, kind, quiet and gentle.

That he was so animated for the sport he loved is one of the reasons his legacy endures.