PDA

View Full Version : Rewatching zags vs gators sw16 1999

Zags11
03-12-2015, 09:15 AM
It is amazing how much dog this set of bulldogs had. We never backed down to the physical and mental aspect vs florida. I was very impressed with Dench, Eaton and Leasure. Matty S struggled for most of the game and seemed rushed.

Florida killed themselves with bad turnovers and atrocious 3 point shooting. Gonzaga was awesome from 3s and hit such clutch shots. Frahm stepped up when needed and Q was everywhere. Im shocked calvary never made the NBA to be honest. He was one of our few guys with the athleticism to match Florida's future NBA players and future championship team.

When watching Florida, it is plain to see that they have nba talent. In haslem and mike miller especially. We caught them young and we had a big shot team.

Awesome game to watch again.

The ending isn't so bad either. :)

gonzagafan62
03-12-2015, 09:17 AM
I love the quote from Nilson. "We were all screaming at Quientin to foul, and we kept screaming foul, come on idiot foul" .... And then he forces the guy into a travel. haha.

That storybook team is one that can't be replicated. All those guys are great. And even Few has said "The NBA has missed out on so many guys"

Zagceo
03-12-2015, 09:19 AM
Great fun!

How many board members were in the stands for the Florida and/or UCONN games?

TheGonzagaFactor
03-12-2015, 10:00 AM
If only teams would start 0-17 from 3 point range against us in a tournament game now...

That FL team had Mike Miller, started 0-17 (or 18) on threes and we STILL needed a fortunate tip in to win in the last 5 seconds. That was such a great moment :D

Angelo Roncalli
03-12-2015, 10:03 AM
Great fun!

How many board members were in the stands for the Florida and/or UCONN games?

I was there. The atmosphere was tense, electric. One of the biggest Zag boosters and benefactors of all time was so nervous that he could not watch. He was standing in the concourse when Calvary scored the winning basket.

BoZarth
03-12-2015, 10:15 AM
Sat right behind Zag bench (yeah, we navigated our way down from our original seats). Best Zag game I've ever seen.

Was along for that whole ride. In the regional final remember getting Rip Hamilton's attention and yelling "You're not supposed to lose!" . . . and he didn't. He made the difference for UConn in the end. We were oh so close . . .

Go Zags!!!!

Zags11
03-12-2015, 10:28 AM
Love the responses. Frahm burying three 3's in a row.

TheGonzagaFactor
03-12-2015, 10:30 AM
UConn and Florida combined to make 6-33 threes against us in those games. Something like that is due to happen again.

Zagceo
03-12-2015, 10:35 AM
The Sports Bar across from America West on Jackson St can't remember name but lots of Zag fans hung out is now Alice Cooper sports bar called "Cooperstown"

jayray
03-12-2015, 10:41 AM
I was there, absolute craziness.

Zags11
03-12-2015, 11:01 AM
UConn and Florida combined to make 6-33 threes against us in those games. Something like that is due to happen again.

Hire monson to be D coach. :horse:

Loved this gm and stanford.

Angelo Roncalli
03-12-2015, 11:02 AM
The Sports Bar across from America West on Jackson St can't remember name but lots of Zag fans hung out is now Alice Cooper sports bar called "Cooperstown"

It was called "Jackson's"

caduceus
03-12-2015, 11:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC7UBpimsu0