PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga Experience

Angelo Roncalli
09-20-2007, 06:51 PM
This has nothing to do with athletics, but this article reminded me of some of the reasons why Gonzaga is, at least to me, a special place.

http://www.the-tidings.com/2007/092107/famtime.htm

RenoZag
09-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Thanks for posting that. Made my heart swell and the pride pulse a bit.

The author does manage to capture a bit of the GU experience in her tale.

HillBillyZag
09-21-2007, 12:20 PM
What a great testimony for a Jesuit/Catholic education. All prospective Zag parents should see this.

TexasZagFan
09-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks, Angelo. Any guesses as to the names of the celebrants?

My academic major limited my opportunities for classes taught by Jesuits. Still, there was Father Tony, who seemingly knew everybody by name, always with a smile on his face.

I did enjoy the 3rd year philosophy class taught by Fr. Gerry Kohls, but that was it, save for a freshman English class that I barely remember.

Dogtownkid
09-28-2007, 07:48 AM
One of the celebrants must have been Fr. Fitts. I knew he was going to have a 50th year celebration but I was out of the country, so I couldn't attend. Nice man.

Spike94
10-05-2007, 11:09 PM
I almost get a tear in my eye when I read things like this. I am a teacher and I tell my students on a fairly regular basis that I became who I am in my four years at Gonzaga. I am trying to motivate them to go to college and grow. But, it is true. I think that as an alum Gonzaga is special to us because it is intertwined in who we are. I don't think it can be seperated out. Anyway I have rambled enough.