PDA

View Full Version : Congrats. You have an amazing team and coach.

8man
03-10-2015, 08:41 PM
I've never liked a rival before. You guys are all class and make it easy. Go deep in the tourney.
But please, no injuries in next years championship game (tic, it's no ones fault). Sucks going into the tourney limping.

23dpg
03-10-2015, 08:43 PM
Thanks, always appreciate a gracious foe.
I'm pulling for BYU to get in and win a few games.

Hoopaholic
you guys deserve to be in and once in you will do serious damage...get some rest and get healthy

Ekrub
I've never liked a rival before. You guys are all class and make it easy. Go deep in the tourney.
But please, no injuries in next years championship game (tic, it's no ones fault). Sucks going into the tourney limping.

What's the report on Halford?

gonzagafan62
03-10-2015, 08:46 PM

Yeah again I finish watching the game celebrating a GU win but also feeling horrible for BYU. Again? Geez. At least haws and Collinsworth are okay. You guys are still a dangerous team. I hope you get an invite to the big dance. Te eye test passes for me. Good game and good luck on selection Sunday. I'll be hoping you're in

CdAZagFan
03-10-2015, 08:47 PM
I do hope you get in the tourney and I'll be rooting for you the whole way (unless we meet again!)

hooter73
03-10-2015, 08:50 PM
Felt bad last year and unfortunately again this year for the injuries, no one wants to see that happen.

Thanks for the classy words there 8Man. Now that were not rival-ing, I want BYU to tear up some tourny teams!

Zagsker
03-10-2015, 08:51 PM
BYU should be an easy lock for the tourney

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-10-2015, 08:55 PM
I hope to see two WCC teams in the Sweet Sixteen.

Good luck to BYU.

basketballzag
03-10-2015, 08:56 PM
BYU should be an easy lock for the tourney

Best of luck to BYU and its players and Coach Rose. Class act and you guys are deserving of a NCAA Bid.

jpn17
03-10-2015, 09:06 PM

Kind words, and I think the feeling here for BYU is pretty much mutual. There's no doubt in my mind that BYU will be dancing, there is no way there are 68 better teams. They would have beaten a lot of teams as well as they played tonight.

NorCalCoug
03-10-2015, 09:09 PM
Great game Zags! Here's to both programs representing the WCC well in the NCAA's! Well, assuming BYU gets in.... Ha!

Zagsker
03-10-2015, 09:12 PM
Best of luck to BYU and its players and Coach Rose. Class act and you guys are deserving of a NCAA Bid.

I wouldn't classify me as a "you" when referencing BYU..lol

drnoe
03-10-2015, 09:14 PM
BYU deserves no worse than an 8 or 9 seed. Haws gets all the glory, but Collinsworth is the better player... at 6'6", what a beast!

Nevada Don
03-10-2015, 09:17 PM
Congratulations guys and gals on another fantastic year. Hope you win it all.
It's a tough time for the Gaels but hopefully we'll come back in the near future.
But for now, remember, "It's all about the Bass", so go out and kick some Bass while you Dancin'.

Reborn
03-10-2015, 09:17 PM
I think they will get in too. They're a damn good team, and I like watching them play. Collinsworth is one of my favorite players in college basketball. Such a tough guy. Would love to see someone in NBA draft him. I know I would. Haws also had a very good game, but not what they needed really. Bell, and Dranginis really shut him down. Dranginis was incredible tonight. What a game he had. But they do have issues down low, as we saw tonight. It was so nice to finally get some good reffing. It helped more then many think. I got pretty tired of watching Gonzaga getting hacked and fouled to death and never getting fouls called. Glad the conference refs finally got three guys who know how to call a game.

Zags_Fanatic
03-10-2015, 09:35 PM
I think they will get in too. They're a damn good team, and I like watching them play. Collinsworth is one of my favorite players in college basketball. Such a tough guy. Would love to see someone in NBA draft him. I know I would. Haws also had a very good game, but not what they needed really. Bell, and Dranginis really shut him down. Dranginis was incredible tonight. What a game he had. But they do have issues down low, as we saw tonight. It was so nice to finally get some good reffing. It helped more then many think. I got pretty tired of watching Gonzaga getting hacked and fouled to death and never getting fouls called. Glad the conference refs finally got three guys who know how to call a game.

First we get one more season of Collinsworth next year....by the time he is done his triple double record might be unbreakable, especially with points and possessions trending down across the league.

Oregonzagnut
03-10-2015, 10:28 PM
I for one, am VERY happy BYU has joined the WCC for basketball. As long as the Zags continue to win 27 or more wins a season we can afford to lose occasionally to BYU, Pepp, or St Marys and still get the at large.

BYU improves EVERYONES SOS and overall quality and style of play. Gonzaga might lose some of our WCC streaks in the next few years, but we will win more NCAA tournament games. IMO at least.

JPtheBeasta
03-10-2015, 10:34 PM

Classy post. Good on ya :) I hope Halford is ok. I said in another post that I dislike him as much as I respect him (and that is a compliment). As I watch you guys peak right now I have a hard time believing you didn't win more games this year. You have star power and some really good support guys. I love to hate on BYU, but I hope you guys make the dance this year. You deserve it. Nobody will want to face you guys, and if they do they are idiots. Like coach Few said, you are a nightmare team.

zagamatic
03-10-2015, 11:47 PM
I'd actually really like to see BYU as an 8/9 seed in Duke's bracket because BYU has enough bigs to rotate on Okafor and Duke sucks at stopping penetration. Mostly, I just hope that Halford is ok.