PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Else Get Antsy...

thegloriousgoateeofKP
03-10-2015, 09:37 AM
...when we don't lock up the auto-bid, regardless of our ranking and stature?

Like, what if—just what if—the Committee forgot us or something? What if a fan blew over a bunch of papers and they forgot to put us in the bracket? Stranger things have happened

Maybe (definitely) I'm paranoid. But I want to make it 100% official with a W tonight.

gonzagafan62
03-10-2015, 09:43 AM
Haha TGGOKP. I have thought about that. Remember when we were the last team announced in 2011? I thought they forgot us lol

thegloriousgoateeofKP
03-10-2015, 09:52 AM
Haha TGGOKP. I have thought about that. Remember when we were the last team announced in 2011? I thought they forgot us lol

Yes, exactly! That was a scarring experience.

I can just see them going through the regions, then revealing the last two seed. "Huh, I guess they dropped us to a three."
Then revealing the last three seed. "Uhhh, guys?"

This whole damn month is nerves, paranoia, upsets, madness. I'd rather leave nothing to chance.

bartruff1
03-10-2015, 10:02 AM
no..... this is the best sporting event period, imho, and I enjoy all of it....

TravelinZag
03-10-2015, 10:11 AM
Nothing could happen on the court that would prevent the Zags from dancing.

The only type of thing (too awful to contemplate) that could have that result would have the tournament dedicated to them. That highly unlikely event is in the hands of a Power many, many, many paygrades above the NCAA tournament selection committee, and the chances are far, far greater that you & I won't make it to the tournament. Worry instead about our winning margin in the NC! Go Zags!

seacatfan
03-10-2015, 10:42 AM
The GU women's team is sweating bullets waiting to see if they get in or not. The men, not so much. There is no way possible they're not in, and probably a 3 seed is the worst case scenario if they lose to BYU tonight.

LongIslandZagFan
03-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Not this year. I get antsy as to where they are seeded but that is about it.

I will be antsy about the women getting in.

DixieZag
03-10-2015, 02:33 PM
The GU women's team is sweating bullets waiting to see if they get in or not. The men, not so much. There is no way possible they're not in, and probably a 3 seed is the worst case scenario if they lose to BYU tonight.

Dickau and Slim just had Lunardi on and he said even if they lose they are sill likely a 2. Which makes absolutely no sense to me, unless that break between the top 8 and "the rest" is so solid that it is near impenetrable.

However, if that is the case, it seems obvious we would be the last 2, or Kentucky bracket bound - which makes getting to the FF like a national championship.