• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

Ira! in The Warehouse

"A group of us play pickup games at the warehouse every once in a while. Ira! Brown appears to be one of the nicer people you could meet. During the games he did a great job of playing with "normal" people. He didn't hog the ball, he didn't act as though he was too good to be playing with us. He was very encouraging of everybody. He clearly is a natural leader. After the games were done, he went around and shook everybody's hand and told everybody he had a great time playing. He seems to just genuinely enjoy playing basketball and interacting with people.

"Also, I was suprised by Ira's jumpshot. He was hitting threes from everywhere, and his shot looked really smooth. Granted, most college players shoot well in pickup games, but Ira! just seemed to have a very good looking shot that went in consistently.

"And of course he is ridiculously athletic..."

-Normal Zag Person
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • Zags-Bsee
    Kennel Club Material
    • Jul 2007

Thanks, posts like these about new players or progress of other players are maybe my favorite type of posts here. Thanks to all who contribute so much this way.

"And of course he is ridiculously athletic..."

If you can't watch him play, it is still fun to read comments like that.
    Zags - Best sports event ever
    Character - Small Community - and Zags do BB right.

Comment

• Nevtelen
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

That's nice to hear. He shot around 40% in juco IIRC, so that would be great if he could shoot around the same in D-I. Even if it was just as a spot-up shooter it would be helpful. I think a lot of teams will be paying attention to our more heralded weapons and Ira could sneak in quite a few buckets off pick-and-pops or even just when his man inevitably leaves to help on someone else.

Comment

• BobZag
        Dark Lord of the Zag
        • Jan 2007

Ira! is anything but a spot-up or set shooter. I watched make fadeaway treys, off-balance treys, jumpers over outreached arms... Ira!, Austin and who knows who all are going to be very pleasant surprises for fans who don't read this board.

Comment

• TheZagPhish
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
          ...Ira!, Austin and who knows who all are going to be very pleasant surprises for fans who don't read this board.
          As well as some fans who do read these boards!

I echo the thanks for posts like these. They make me a smileyphish. Because of BobZag and many others, I get to be the dude at work who gets to say things like, "Wait until you see Ira! He's RIDICULOUS!" to my workmates / fellow fans. Thanks!
          Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

• MickMick
            Zag for Life
            • Apr 2007

Seems the only people that know about Ira! are the internet folk.

Boy is that gonna change.

I also make a formal motion to second BZ's patent on the spelling....Ira!
            It seems to fit perfectly. Now the mission is to make it larger than life (kinda like facial hair). I know it has arrived when I see it spelled that way in the media. Start making your signs now.

IRA!

I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• Zagster
              Bulldog Fan
              • Feb 2007

Ira

IRA is all class. I will not say much more. GU is lucky to have him. As far as BB-Ball the court will tell.

Comment

• lawzag
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

I'm with you on that one Mick.
                Its Ira! from now on!!

From the sounds of BZ's post, Ira! is gonna fit right in to Zag basketball & the Zag player personality. I can't wait for this year to begin..........
                ZAGS RULE!!!

Comment

• Oregon Zag
                  Bleeds GU Blue
                  • Feb 2007

Thanks for keeping us up on the latest, BZ. We've been telling our friends lately, "Just watch Gonzaga this year." 42 days...
                  Oregon Zag

Comment

• cair3
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Feb 2007

yeah but LG's team was clearly better as we dominated the night. LG hit a few game winning jump shots too... not bad for a guy that people think cant shoot... It goes to show how many offensive weapons this teams have that guys like LG and Shark arent considered as offensie threats, i just hope there are as many play makers and passers as there are shooters or talents like LG and Ira will just spend the year running around for loose offensive rebounds and fast break points instead of exploiting mismatches.

Comment

• BobZag
                      Dark Lord of the Zag
                      • Jan 2007

Don't thank me. I'm just relaying what a very good member of this board experienced and sent to me. It does appear those of us who have seen or played with Ira! come away with the same impression: a special guy.

Comment

• Nevtelen
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
                        Ira! is anything but a spot-up or set shooter. I watched make fadeaway treys, off-balance treys, jumpers over outreached arms... Ira!, Austin and who knows who all are going to be very pleasant surprises for fans who don't read this board.
                        Nice! Man, am I pumped for this year.

Comment

• ZagMania
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Feb 2007

Does anyone else get giddy after reading threads like this? I really want to see both Ira! and LG on the court together this year wreaking absolute havoc on defense.

Comment

• Zagguy23
                            Bulldog Fan
                            • Aug 2007

I think everyone does.

Comment

• HillBillyZag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

WOW!! "DOWNTOWN" Ira Brown

Sounds like what I have heard from many sources is right on. I've heard from the beginning that Ira will just blow peoples minds. And as you say, I hear his personality is just as great as his game.
                              [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
                              ― Scottie Pippen

Comment

Working...
                              X