PDA

View Full Version : Stockton Flirts with Quadruple-Double in Bighorns' Win.

ZagaZags
03-04-2015, 11:51 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/kings/sites/default/files/styles/story_main_photo/public/davidstockton.jpg.jpeg?itok=LOjt1Qcn

RENO, Nev., Mar. 04, 2015- David Stockton's 44 points pushed the Bighorns past the Rio Grande Valley Vipers to take the "w" in Reno with a 158-152 win over the Vipers Wednesday night at the Reno Events Center.

Stockton led the Bighorns with 44 points, seven rebounds, 10 assists and eight steals. Ra'Shad James netted 33 points, four rebounds and six assists for the Bighorns while David Wear had 22 points, 15 rebounds and four assists. Sim Bhullar finished the game with 18 points and seven blocked shots.

More at link.

http://www.kolotv.com/sports/headlines/Stockton-Flirts-with-Quadruple-Double-in-Bighorns-Win-295123501.html

GUinSTL
03-05-2015, 05:35 AM
1. Amazing! I wonder if steals are easier to rack up in this league because nobody expects you to play defense (tongue in cheek).

2. What happened to his 10 stint with the big boys? I thought will all those injuries they'd have to keep him around. Looks like he's going to make them keep looking at him, at least.

3. Lastly, I'm jealous of Dave Grohl's seat for that game.

~B

gonzagafan62
03-05-2015, 05:52 AM
1. Amazing! I wonder if steals are easier to rack up in this league because nobody expects you to play defense (tongue in cheek).

2. What happened to his 10 stint with the big boys? I thought will all those injuries they'd have to keep him around. Looks like he's going to make them keep looking at him, at least.

~B

+1 on all accts

rennis
03-05-2015, 06:05 AM

~B

LOL!

What kind of PED's do they have Stocks on? Look at his arms!!

DixieZag
03-05-2015, 06:14 AM
LOL!

What kind of PED's do they have Stocks on? Look at his arms!!

I had the same thought. He looks like he's advanced (nicer word) 3 years in just one.

How is he scoring? Drives to the basket? Or did he work on his shot for so long he became a bit of a sniper?

Birddog
03-05-2015, 06:19 AM
Looks like he has some Pangos like hair going on too.

Zags11
03-05-2015, 06:20 AM
Killing it, and give him another shot NBA!

willandi
03-05-2015, 06:40 AM
Can't load his single line so: 13/24 3pt 5/11 FT 13/16 7reb 10 asst 8 steal

http://dleague.nba.com/games/20150304/RGVRNO/

DixieZag
03-05-2015, 06:57 AM
Can't load his single line so: 13/24 3pt 5/11 FT 13/16 7reb 10 asst 8 steal

http://dleague.nba.com/games/20150304/RGVRNO/

He must be getting stronger, much stronger, allowing him to hit more of the long balls. When he was here, he didn't really have the strength to use the type of form that Pangos and Gary had, kind of had to launch the ball from the side of his head.

He must have worked so hard in the last year. No surprise.

willandi
03-05-2015, 07:14 AM
He must be getting stronger, much stronger, allowing him to hit more of the long balls. When he was here, he didn't really have the strength to use the type of form that Pangos and Gary had, kind of had to launch the ball from the side of his head.

He must have worked so hard in the last year. No surprise.

Maybe the college 3 pt line is too close! His free throws have improved immensly too though, is the FT line farther as well?

Zagtana
03-05-2015, 07:30 AM
David is, after all, a STOCKTON! Way to go David!

U Zig, I Zag
03-05-2015, 08:05 AM
On the D-League site you can see highlights from some of his games where he was dropping 30, 33, etc. Quite a few 3's in the highlights and moves at the rim. His shot form is different and it's way, way, quicker. He was just fire it off. Not a lot of that squatting, pausing thing he did a couple years ago.

hooter73
03-05-2015, 08:15 AM
That is amazing. Havent read the article yet but I too thought he was still in his 10 day contract. Oh well. Putting numbers up like that will keep him playing somewhere.

Zagdawg
03-05-2015, 08:17 AM
I wonder if he got taller-- no way he should even be on the bench -- he is way too short and skinny to play even NCAA ball----darn munchkins (.....isn't that right jazz) ;)

Yes that is sarcasm.

CDC84
03-05-2015, 10:09 AM
Is it normal for D-League games to have final scores like 158-152??

One has to wonder what kind of defense is being played.

Angelo Roncalli
03-05-2015, 10:23 AM
Is it normal for D-League games to have final scores like 158-152??

One has to wonder what kind of defense is being played.

They are with Reno. Reno's coach (David Arsenault) runs the "Grinnell" offense.

Angelo Roncalli
03-05-2015, 10:44 AM
I am ecstatic with David's success. For far too long, David was the scapegoat/pariah for a handful people. Great to see him vindicated, though I thought he already was more than vindicated with that length of the court game winning layin in the WCC tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uA3fhNQpyM.

DixieZag
03-05-2015, 10:48 AM
I am ecstatic with David's success. For far too long, David was the scapegoat/pariah for a handful people. Great to see him vindicated, though I thought he already was more than vindicated with that length of the court game winning layin in the WCC tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uA3fhNQpyM.

I'm really not wanting to live through another opening game that is as tight as that one.

Vanzagger
03-05-2015, 11:55 AM
[QUOTE=Angelo Roncalli;1093721]I am ecstatic with David's success. For far too long, David was the scapegoat/pariah for a handful people. Great to see him vindicated, though I thought he already was more than vindicated with that length of the court game winning layin in the WCC tournament.

I am ecstatic for him too. And as awesome as the last second tie breaker was against Santa Clara, it was also the problem. Why did we need a play ground shot to beat the Broncos? Do you think we were in the Dance if we lose?

We had a whole week of National Media broadcasting we lost to:

Dayton
Kansas State
Memphis
Portland
BYU
San Diego
Santa Clara

and few quality wins. Disaster avoided. Now 0-4 in round of 32 is another deal.

Jazzgirl_127
03-05-2015, 01:16 PM
And as awesome as the last second tie breaker was against Santa Clara, it was also the problem. Why did we need a play ground shot to beat the Broncos?

Just a quick look at the box score indicates he was shooting 80% in that game. So if you're implying that he was the main reason the game was so close against the Broncos, he's a pretty poor scapegoat.