• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zagsker
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2008

6th Man

This is more observational over the course of the past couple games than it is a reaction tonight....

In a non-emotional world would McClellan be playing more than Bell right now?
    I am working on being a more all around square.
  • Ekrub
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2009

You mean if the last six games were a tryout? Probably.

Comment

• Zagsker
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Ekrub View Post
      You mean if the last six games were a tryout? Probably.
      Pretty much...in no way would you really sit Bell but McClellan should be playing a lot more
      I am working on being a more all around square.

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2007

McClellan is a better 'look the other way' passer, and looks to pass more than Gary does,
        I don't think his defense is up to Gary's level
        he turns the ball over and makes unforced errors way more than Gary
        he seems to have better handles, but turns the ball over in a crowd more than Gary

I think Gary would get the nod on most squads with their present skill sets, but certainly not all

Comment

• BBzag
          Bulldog Fan
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Zagsker View Post
          Pretty much...in no way would you really sit Bell but McClellan should be playing a lot more
          He's still limited to 45 minutes practice per day because of the foot, as per Meehan, not sure how that translates to game time.

Comment

• GrizZAG
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2009

EMac is an interesting one. His is so lightning quick, can shoot the ball and his passing is gutsy. With that said, he seems to out-fake himself occasionally and loses his handle causing turnovers. Reminds me of someone who drank too much coffee at times
            He will be really an important part of next year and the play time to learn from mistakes and get back into his groove is vital right now. Glad he is on board, his game is exciting to watch. Go EMAC!
            One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• CdAZagFan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2013

After hearing the statistics of Bell's opponents over the last few games, I think Bell has been severely undersold. Holding Haws to 10 points is an incredible effort. Could Emac do it? Possibly. But I think Bell is an incredible defender who doesn't get nearly enough respect for what he does on the defensive end...

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CdAZagFan View Post
                After hearing the statistics of Bell's opponents over the last few games, I think Bell has been severely undersold. Holding Haws to 10 points is an incredible effort. Could Emac do it? Possibly. But I think Bell is an incredible defender who doesn't get nearly enough respect for what he does on the defensive end...
                Mac for BW, not Bell.

Comment

• SunDevilGolfZag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Bell held Dee to virtually nothing and limited the nation's third leading scorer to 10 points. He needs to be on the court

Comment

• SteelZag
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Feb 2012

As far as TO's go, McClellan has only made 3 TO's in his limited minutes. Ironically GBJ is the only player with a better avg. per minute.

Comment

• MDABE80
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by SunDevilGolfZag View Post
                      Bell held Dee to virtually nothing and limited the nation's third leading scorer to 10 points. He needs to be on the court
                      This!

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                        Zag for Life
                        • May 2008

I don't think its a question of GBJ versus McClellan. I just think they should use EM a bit more as the team seems to play well when he's in. As unpopular as it will be to say, I'd personally like to see a tight rotation of 8 with Melson only playing due to foul trouble or injury (God forbid). Use Sabonis, McClellan, and Dranginis in rotation and that can cover the rest and minutes for a deep run.

Comment

• kclubfounder
                          Zag for Life
                          • Aug 2007

Bingo. It is so hard for the average fan to appreciate a shutdown defender in basketball. And, as an average fan, I can get sucked into not thinking Bell is having a good game when in reality he is having a great game.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2013

Probably
                            Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by GrizZAG View Post
                              EMac is an interesting one. His is so lightning quick, can shoot the ball and his passing is gutsy. With that said, he seems to out-fake himself occasionally and loses his handle causing turnovers. Reminds me of someone who drank too much coffee at times
                              He will be really an important part of next year and the play time to learn from mistakes and get back into his groove is vital right now. Glad he is on board, his game is exciting to watch. Go EMAC!
                              His slickness with the ball doesn't get him open. His speed does. If Few can drill that into his head, he'll be a star here.
                              Love me some Gary. But lately it's been tough. The D is great, but the team needs more.

Comment

Working...
                              X