PDA

View Full Version : Referees

Birddog
02-27-2015, 06:18 AM
I thought they called a pretty even handed game last night. They let them bang under the boards and it didn't get too chippy. Maybe it's because of the respect that the two staffs have for each other but the banging was pretty legit for the most part IMO. If they had called a tight game the score would have been 45 to 30 and unbearable to watch. Last night I repeatedly thought to myself that the NCAA Men need a 30 sec clock.

JPtheBeasta
02-27-2015, 07:28 AM
I thought they called a pretty even handed game last night. They let them bang under the boards and it didn't get too chippy. Maybe it's because of the respect that the two staffs have for each other but the banging was pretty legit for the most part IMO. If they had called a tight game the score would have been 45 to 30 and unbearable to watch. Last night I repeatedly thought to myself that the NCAA Men need a 30 sec clock.

There were plenty of head scratchers for me last night, and I think the refs both took the last few minutes off on our end and tried to even out the team foul situation on the SD end-- but I am resisting the urge to be specific in a game that the Zags won by 20.

Marcus
02-27-2015, 08:22 AM
I only have two beefs. One, what the heck is going on with allowing moving screens lately. It wasn't just last night too. There were more than a few times when our guys were getting bumped pretty hard trying to get over top of the pick then getting called for a foul themselves. Two, which they finally called correctly at the end was Anderson throwing himself into Kevin really hard and getting the call. Overall not too bad and I guess, but that bugged me.

TexasZagFan
02-27-2015, 12:41 PM
I only have two beefs. One, what the heck is going on with allowing moving screens lately. It wasn't just last night too. There were more than a few times when our guys were getting bumped pretty hard trying to get over top of the pick then getting called for a foul themselves. Two, which they finally called correctly at the end was Anderson throwing himself into Kevin really hard and getting the call. Overall not too bad and I guess, but that bugged me.

On the last 3 pointer by Bright in Moraga, Waldow got away with a moving screen. It was so good, he improved his stock in the draft...the NFL draft.

tobizag
02-27-2015, 01:23 PM
i am getting incredibly tired of seeing fouls called on our big men for being larger than their opponent. when you stand still, and a guy leaps into you, and your arms are straight up and feet planted....IT'S NOT A FOUL

mgadfly
02-27-2015, 02:10 PM
There is an ESPN or NBA channel show where the hosts spend a half hour with officials and go over different issues. The one episode I watched they spent a great deal of time going over what is a legal screen and what is an illegal screen (specifically that on-ball screen that we've been seeing the past few games). Waldow should have fouled out in about five minutes.

I thought the past few games have been more consistent with some of the mid-season games that were horrible, but there were a couple head-scratchers (like that foul on Karnowski where the guy jumped into him as hard as he could or the no-call on Wesley's lay-in). Overall though I thought they did a good job.

mgadfly
02-27-2015, 02:13 PM
And speaking of the refs, it was nice to see Pangos get the call when SD's PG jumped into him (the second time) after coming around that high pick. I don't care if Pangos is moving, that's an offensive foul and that official did a great job to see it and make the call.

seacatfan
02-27-2015, 02:37 PM
Another blatant missed call, Gary had a nice drive for a layup late in the game. One of their bigs came over late, hip checked him and sent him flying. Should have been an and-1. Easy call to make. No whistle.

gonzagafan62
02-27-2015, 02:39 PM
Another blatant missed call, Gary had a nice drive for a layup late in the game. One of their bigs came over late, hip checked him and sent him flying. Should have been an and-1. Easy call to make. No whistle.

It was counteracted by another terrible call seconds before or after (I can't remember)