PDA

View Full Version : Pangos

Unbiased
02-26-2015, 10:38 PM
I can't remember a game where Kevin seemed so out of it, especially on defense.

RenoZag
02-26-2015, 10:39 PM
He missed a lot of open looks. It happens.

DixieZag
02-26-2015, 10:47 PM
Worried about the team's head.

Not worried about Pangos' head.

This team has had some very concerning lapses the last five or six games. Perhaps tonight was just reflective of a horrible shooting night. Dunno.

Zagger
02-26-2015, 11:15 PM
This has got to be an emotional week for both Kevin & Gary. Kevin has put one heck of a lot of time, sweat, heart, etc. into Zag BB. I'm not surprised that Kevin isn't a super powered human. Bet we see some razzle, dazzle Saturday night though! Go Kevin! Go Zags!

HenneZag
02-26-2015, 11:16 PM
I am concerned a bit with are identity. In the beginning of the season it was clear, we shared and moved the ball so fluid around the floor, just seemed effortless. In the past 5-6 games (as also mentioned above) we have had extended period of lapses on both ends of the floor.

Am I glad we won by 20, of course I am but deep down I know we aren't playing our best basketball. I don't know if it's the pressure, the grind, fatigue or what.

The positive is that we pulled it off an a night were Pangos and Wiltjer combined for 8 total points. Kevin in particular was 1-7 overall and 1-6 from 3,he won't have too many games like that. In the 2nd half we started to hammer it down low and that was the key to wearing USD down.

BYU will be a good test for us. Keep plugging away fellas, it's not easy being in this position where every night the target is getting bigger. Stay the course.

Zagceo
02-26-2015, 11:18 PM
Worried about the team's head.

Not worried about Pangos' head.

This team has had some very concerning lapses the last five or six games. Perhaps tonight was just reflective of a horrible shooting night. Dunno.

Domas 5-5 7 rebs
Byron 5-7 7 rebs
Gary 5-9

Pangos 1-7

Mantua
02-26-2015, 11:21 PM
They are student athletes with pressure to wrap up school chores before spring break which is coming up in a week. Kevin might have a little virus and be a little tired. The Zags are under a lot of scrutiny from the media. SI is doing a piece on Pangos. The season has been rekentness with no real break at Christmas. Other guys on other teams have had bad nights. I'm exhausted contemplating all the things these kids have to deal with.

Baseline
02-26-2015, 11:38 PM
I went back and watched the early season games. They moved the ball better than they do now, much more dribbling than before. Not sure why it changed.
What amazes me is how the whole team can seemingly have a bad night. Normally someone should have a bad night and everyone else picks it up, but they all seem to stall together, a bit strange.
They don't pass the eye test for a 1 seed in my opinion. What happens from now on will answer many questions, lets hope its positive. Go Zags

ZagsGoZags
02-26-2015, 11:53 PM
if everyone was looking for the pass as much as Eric and Kevin, we will be back on all cylinders

SwainZag
02-26-2015, 11:54 PM
Domas 5-5 7 rebs
Byron 5-7 7 rebs
Gary 5-9

Pangos 1-7

This is why I believe in this team. How many other Zag teams in the past could our 2 leading scorers combine for 3/12 for 8 points and team still wins by 20? When have we ever seen a team so full of options that a like Kyle can go off for 45 just a week ago and only take 5 shots tonight while 5 players got just as many or more? It's uncanny balance. Yes, Kevin had an off night shooting. It happens. He still led the floor, came up with 4 assists to 1 TO and knows this last home game after 4 years is coming in 2 days.

MDABE80
02-27-2015, 12:05 AM
One night it's the offense. One night it's the defense. This has been going on for the past several games. We need to match superior offense AND defense. SOON!

SwainZag
02-27-2015, 12:14 AM
One night it's the offense. One night it's the defense. This has been going on for the past several games. We need to match superior offense AND defense. SOON!

Well..for a full game. The last 2 games the 2nd half has been dominated on both sides of the ball. They need to put together a full game. Combined the last 2nd halfs, Zags have out scored them 78-42. I know part of it is the depth. It would be nice to come out against BYU firing and not like them set the tone.

DixieZag
02-27-2015, 12:18 AM
Domas 5-5 7 rebs
Byron 5-7 7 rebs
Gary 5-9

Pangos 1-7

Yes, all in brief spurts and all but Gary from inside.

The "eye-test," for me, and this is subjective, is that we went long periods when we could not have thrown it on the ground if asked.

Zagceo
02-27-2015, 01:26 AM
So many on this board use statistics like oxygen sometimes........when statististics don't support opinion it's because of the "eye test" .......doesn't pass my smell test. ;)

Chicken Ball
02-27-2015, 04:54 AM
Might be as simple as: Christopher Anderson is excellent on defense. Pangos has always had some trouble with ultra quick defenders. I think he'll be fine.

Robzagnut
02-27-2015, 06:57 AM
I always appreciate Pangos' cool demeanor. The first time Anderson bumped him, then ran over and thru him to draw a foul, Pangos did not retaliate on the other end. Then when Anderson tried it again, even harder, Pangos let it happen and Anderson got the offensive foul.

Pangos is a leader and doesn't let anything bother him. That's why they are able to weather any storm.

sittingon50
02-27-2015, 08:52 AM
I wonder if the fact that Bill Grier was Mark Few's best man & longtime Asst. gives him any sort of advantage in game prep.

Nah. I need to move that stupid comment to that other thread.

gonzagafan62
02-27-2015, 08:56 AM
Chill.

Zag_Dad
02-27-2015, 09:09 AM
The only constant is change... Our team has changed over the course of the season as has the way teams prepare for us. I'm not to worried about Pangos' performance from last night. He missed a few shots but they were shots that were necessitated by a good defensive plan by San Diego. You have to give San Diego credit for playing very good defense against us... we never really got our rhythm from the perimeter shooters. We eventually got hot inside and that is where the game was won.