PDA

View Full Version : how many non-Zag games do you watch?

seacatfan
02-24-2015, 05:12 PM
I used to be a junkie that would watch just about any game that was on TV. I still catch a handful of games other than Gonzaga (and Arizona as I'm sure most here know by now), but it's been trending downward in recent years. This year in particular. I don't know what happened, but I find I'm just not as interested as I used to be, even if it's a match up of good teams. I think the college game has gotten really ugly and unenjoyable for the most part recently. Too many whistles, too many long delays to look at replays on monitors, even with the whistle happy refs too much physical play (anyone remember that was a point of emphasis they were going to clean up during the 2013-14 season...then gave up as the season progressed?). Seems like close games going down to the wire are often about which team can avoid screwing up, not teams taking turns making clutch plays. Maybe I'm just getting old and jaded, but I've realized I'm watching way less games this year than I used to.

jazzdelmar
02-24-2015, 05:16 PM
A lot. I particularly like the east coast conferences like Ivy, Patriot and MAAC. Good college ball and no Calipari within hundreds of miles. Thank you, Fox Sports 1 and NBC Sports.

Zagger
02-24-2015, 05:19 PM
Whole games - this time of year maybe 2 for each Zag game. Earlier in the year maybe 5 Zags to 1 other. If another WA team is doing well I'll try to watch some of their games (if on TV or go to a EWU, Wazzu or Whitworth game). This time of year I also try to watch 10-15 mins/day or more of teams who I think the Zags might play.

gonzagafan62
02-24-2015, 05:25 PM
I only watch bubble teams besides gonzaga. This time of the year especially. I don't watch duke unc Virginia Wisconsin unless they are playing a bubbler. Don't care about seeding as much as i do who is in the tournament ... Early in the year I'll watch the zags opponents, but as the season goes on and it hits February I only watch teams that are on the bubble. Seems like a lot more scrappy fun basketball. Season are on the line and a lot more effort by the players

Reborn
02-24-2015, 05:50 PM
I watch a lot of games, and as I mentioned in another thread (my thread on looking back at this season) so many of the top teams do NOT play home and home games with ALL teams in their conference. Kentucky for example does not play @ Arkansas or @ Ol' Miss. These are the 2nd and 4th place teams and Kentucky doesn't have to play them? Let's go to the Big 10. Wisconsin loses tonight at Maryland (shows you how tough road games are), but does not play @ Michigan St, @ Purdue, @ Indiana who are the 3rd, 4th and 5th place teams. Oh and Maryland does not play @ Wisconsin. They don't have to play @ the best team in their conference. I'm sure that would give THEM one more loss. Oh and Virginia, does not play @ Duke, the #2 team in conference, or @ Pitt. North Carolina doesn't play @ Virginia nor @ Notre Dame who are the first and 2nd place teams. So as you can see, most teams in the top ten would have a lot more losses if they had to play the teams twice like Gonzaga does have to. So, I think that I'm ok with Gonzaga being a number one seed. At least they play all the teams in their conference away. And we all know its harder to win on the road anywhere but especially in conference.

Go Zags!!!

I see that North Carolina just got beat by North Carolina St who is now 8-7. How many more losses would North Carolina have if they had played Virginia and Notre Dame on the road. I'd say two more.

seacatfan
02-24-2015, 06:05 PM
I hear you on the unbalanced schedules Reborn. What possible alternative is there though? If teams in a 12 team conference played a double round robin, that's gonna be 22 conference games. Doesn't leave much room for OOC games. Everything is driven by football, I don't see these conference losing members at this point, and if they did they'd just add somebody else probably. Remember when the Big East had 16 teams? So did the WAC for a little while before the Mountain West came into existence. With that many teams, you'd barely play anybody in conference more than once. Conferences with divisions make a little more sense, you play everybody in your division twice and the other division once. Then you just have to hope the 2 divisions aren't totally unbalanced.

I have no idea how this scheduling works in conferences like the ACC. I do follow the Pac 12 close enough. Arizona has played the LA schools and the Washington schools once each the last two years, alternating where the games were held. That will change next season, there will be 2 other sets of games they only play once, but they'll be back to a home and home with UCLA, etc.

Zags11
02-24-2015, 06:27 PM
I watch some but have been busy this yr.

75Zag
02-24-2015, 06:27 PM
To answer the original question, I watch around 7 BB games a week in addition to GU games.

Go Bulldogs!

Zagregious
02-24-2015, 06:30 PM
Working from home I have games on every night I "work" late. I watch as many ranked teams as I can, always rooting for the underdog. Only on the rarest occasion when it would help the Zags do I root for the higher rank or favorite. Even then it's difficult. Sometimes I'm rooting against coaches, to be honest. I'm working on that.

That being said, K-State made my night last night. Syracuse and Maryland tonight. Mississippi St, Wake or V Tech tomorrow, ha ha.

RenoZag
02-24-2015, 07:01 PM
3 or 4 games (in their entirety) a week plus I try to catch "College Game Day" on Saturdays once the calendar hits February. Once "championship week" starts, the TV stays tuned to games constantly.

In the years prior to the establishment of the Vegas edition of the WCC tourney, I used to take the Thursday & Friday ( Round One ) of the NCAA Tourney off, hit a sports bar with multiple satellite feeds, spend the two days soaking in all 32 first round games.

College basketball is the only sport I follow any more with a degree of consistency. Once the Final Four and the championship are settled, I am pretty much done with TV sports ( golf's majors excepted) until the Fall. Other things to do when DST kicks in and the warmer weather arrives than watching baseball, hockey, NBA, or NFL.

Hoopaholic
02-24-2015, 07:03 PM
every night at least two games except fridays...saturdays big matchups

23dpg
02-24-2015, 07:20 PM
every night at least two games except fridays...saturdays big matchups

Probably about the same.

Zagceo
02-24-2015, 07:30 PM
I've heard the step is admitting you've got a problem…..;)

We may chuckle reading about addiction associated with sports, but for some it is a very sad reality that can consume their time, money and relationships.

LINK (http://harmonytreatmentcenter.com/sports-addiction/)

zagamatic
02-24-2015, 07:54 PM
I find myself watching a lot more than I used to. I try not to watch Wazzu or Eastern games though as I am thoroughly convinced that I'm bad luck for them.

Reborn
02-24-2015, 08:20 PM
I hear you on the unbalanced schedules Reborn. What possible alternative is there though? If teams in a 12 team conference played a double round robin, that's gonna be 22 conference games. Doesn't leave much room for OOC games. Everything is driven by football, I don't see these conference losing members at this point, and if they did they'd just add somebody else probably. Remember when the Big East had 16 teams? So did the WAC for a little while before the Mountain West came into existence. With that many teams, you'd barely play anybody in conference more than once. Conferences with divisions make a little more sense, you play everybody in your division twice and the other division once. Then you just have to hope the 2 divisions aren't totally unbalanced.

I have no idea how this scheduling works in conferences like the ACC. I do follow the Pac 12 close enough. Arizona has played the LA schools and the Washington schools once each the last two years, alternating where the games were held. That will change next season, there will be 2 other sets of games they only play once, but they'll be back to a home and home with UCLA, etc.

thanks for your response to my post. The reason I put it together is because we hear how easy Gonzaga's schedule is so easy. I just wanted to point out, that at least we play home games with everyone in our conference, and played a lot of tough road games in the OOC. Everyone knows that the toughest games in basketball are road games, even a team who's not as good. When you're not playing the 1,2 ,3 and even 4 best teams in your conference on the road how can you really boast about your over all record. I guarantee you that every team out there would have an added loss if they went on the road and played. Have Kentucky go to Arizona, or to Virginia, or even to Duke and play. Let's see who wins then. Gonzaga's one loss was to the 5th or 6th ranked team in their arena in overtime. You are right., there's no way to get around it, but maybe instead of having the top teams play the bottom teams twice, why not have them play the top teams twice. Then we would get a different picture. I believe this needs to be considered by the committee when analyzing a team. I just don't here much talk about this by the analysts. They all talk about WHO DID YOU PLAY. Well, I'm sorry but there's more to it. The question should be WHO HAVE YOU PLAYED ON THE ROAD AND WHERE ARE THEY RANKED IN THE CONFERENCE.

Go Zags!!!
One game at a time!

DixieZag
02-24-2015, 08:26 PM
I work at home by computer, so during the day, I have the news on TV, at night, I have basketball on. But, I don't really pay rapt attention to either one unless something big is happening or if something exciting is happening, or like the last 5 minutes of a close game.

I prefer the western teams, either Pac, MWC (down in year), sometimes the Big 12.

Seattle Hoo
02-24-2015, 08:44 PM
I hear you on the unbalanced schedules Reborn. What possible alternative is there though? If teams in a 12 team conference played a double round robin, that's gonna be 22 conference games. Doesn't leave much room for OOC games.
I have no idea how this scheduling works in conferences like the ACC.

The ACC has 15 teams. There is literally no way to do a round robin home-and-home. This unbalanced schedule argument gets thrown at teams to discredit them as if it is their fault, as if they are responsible for their conference schedule. I would think Zags of all people would understand about not controlling how your conference schedule affects your status. As a fan, I get tired of hearing the unbalanced schedule criticism thrown at Virginia to run down our accomplishments. It was not our choice to not play Duke and UNC home-and-home every year. We'd much rather - as fans - have the old round-robin back, but it's not going to happen.

As for how the ACC does it, each team has two "rivals" whom they play home-and-home every year. Duke and UNC get each other. Gotta give ESPN their two Duke-UNC extravaganzas every year. Virginia gets stuck with Virginia Tech, but now that Maryland is gone we get Louisville. If you ask any UVA fan, we will tell you we would in a heartbeat trade Tech for either Duke or UNC. Anyway, each team then will play two other teams twice, with those two teams rotating on some long-term schedule. You play the other teams once, with the home team alternating yearly. This year we got Duke in Cville and went to Chapel Hill, so at least we had the chance to get a good road win, which we took. Last year we went to Cameron and UNC came to the JPJ. This year we get to go to Syracuse. The other teams UVA played home-and-home this year were NC State (we won both already) and Wake Forest (we play there tomorrow night).

Unbalanced schedule talk makes me grit my teeth because we had to listen to it all year long last year, how the unbalanced schedule favored Virginia, when we were three games clear of the nearest competitor before losing a meaningless last game of the season, and a lot of Duke fans STILL talk about it, even though they were THREE games behind Virginia. Now we're two games ahead of everyone and still have to hear it.

The only good thing about ACC expansion is that the North Carolina schools used to completely dominate the ACC governance when it was 8 schools, as they were 4, and then it was 9 schools and they still controlled everything. Now that it is 15, they can't control everything anymore, so a lot of things like tournament location have gotten fairer.

CDC84
02-24-2015, 08:48 PM
I used to watch a lot more because I wrote quite a few articles for the previous site. I was also younger and probably had less going on in my life as well. I try to watch enough to keep abreast of what's going on nationally, and I fortunately have developed enough connections over the years to where people whose opinion I trust can fill me in on what I am missing.

What's complicated things is that I am Direct TV subscriber. They still don't have a deal in place with the Pac 12 network, and so I miss out on a lot of games I am interested in that in the past would've been on the FSN or Root Sports regional networks. Of course some of the Pac 12 games are on the ESPN channels now, but if I watch those games, my rear end has to planted in front of the TV for the entire game because I must turn the sound off. I would rather get a root canal than listen to Bill Walton.

CDC84
02-24-2015, 09:02 PM
What has also changed is that I don't have a rooting interest in multiple teams like I used to. I was a huge fan of Stanford during the Montgomery years, and I also liked Arizona quite a bit during the Lute's prime, although my interest in the Wildcats has elevated a bit since Miller took over the program. And during the 80's and early 90's I was diehard UNLV fan. When I used to live in southern California, we used to get all of their games on independent television. UCLA and USC weren't in good shape during those years, so the Rebs were the closest thing to an elite team in our "local area." So many of UNLV's conference opponents - UC Irvine, CSU Fullerton, LBSU, etc. - were located in the southern California area - so you could attend a lot of their games in person as well.

maynard g krebs
02-24-2015, 09:56 PM
I'm with the OP in that I watch a lot less than I used to. The game is imo vastly inferior to the game I used to love due to the physical nature of the game and the lack of understanding off-ball movement, screening and passing by so many teams. When I turn on a game and it's 14-11 with 6 minutes to go in the first half, I just turn it off.

Basketball used to be a game of grace, skill, and movement; now it's more often than not a rugby scrum. I loved the attempt to clean it up at the beginning of last season; in the nonconf something like 80 teams were averaging 80+ ppg; now it's like 7. I wish they'd have kept blowing the whistles until the players and coaches had to adjust and play defense as it was meant to be played.

ZagaZags
02-24-2015, 10:02 PM
10-14 games per week. Most of the time I skip Friday games. Tonight, Utah State fans > Boise State fans.

bulldoginpdx
02-24-2015, 10:50 PM
Somewhere in the range of 10 to 20 a week. I over indulge on Saturday's especially after the regular season and bowl games of cfb. The watch espn app allows me if I want to to watch a exorbitant amount of games often replays that I can fast forward through commercial breaks and timeouts.

SwainZag
02-25-2015, 12:13 AM
After Jan 1 or so I will watch as much as I can.

ZagaZags
02-25-2015, 12:19 AM
After Jan 1 or so I will watch as much as I can.

I think November is the best month to watch games, so many awesome tournaments.

MickMick
02-25-2015, 02:30 AM
I DVR a lot of games but don't watch them all. I typically know the final score before I start watching a game. I fast forward through long stretches of games. I skip all advertisements.

jazzdelmar
02-25-2015, 03:46 AM
You guys put me to shame. I am very impressed by the size and variety of the hoops appetite expressed here. Great OP as who knew? Carry on. Senior nights winding down. Tourneys coming up.

Robzagnut
02-25-2015, 04:06 AM
A lot. College basketball and the NFL are my two favorites.

Used to watch a lot of Big East basketball dating back to the great St. John v Georgetown rivalries, but with the power shift the Big East has lost its luster. The Pac 12 really really needs two more teams to consistently challenge Arizona every year. Michigan St having an off year has taken some of the shine off the Big Ten. Never been much of a SEC fan. Looking forward to the ACC tourney this year and always watch the Duke v UNC games.

LongIslandZagFan
02-25-2015, 05:52 AM
I probably watch 5-6 non-Zag games a week... no patience for blowouts though.

GonzagasaurusFlex
02-25-2015, 05:55 AM
This thread has been difficult for me to read because it is challenging me to pause and reflect upon my behavior and lifestyle this season. I feel safe enough here to admit to all of you I have fallen far short of my aspirations and goals as a college basketball fan; I never imagined that by the ripe old age of 44 my college hoops viewing habits would boil down to watching every Zag game then, at best, a few minutes of 2-3 other games per week. It's shameful and I will do my best to change my behavior...the first step on the road to hoop fandom recovery will be to take off work on the days Zags play in NCAA tourney and watch every game, all day/eve those days!!!!

TheGonzagaFactor
02-25-2015, 06:58 AM
I watch an stupid amount of college basketball. I watch the majority of at least one game per day, usually two on Saturdays. I surf between games and catch bits and pieces all the time. There are some teams I can't watch (Virginia and Louisville come to mind) because they play a boring but effective style, so it's not entertaining and you know the chances for an upset are low enough that they're not worth watching.

Of course I catch each and every Zags game at least once, I'll usually re-watch if I'm up late some night with nothing else on. WCC games are always on ROOT/ESPNU so I usually peek in if the teams are relevant (relevant in the WCC, I know no other WCC teams are relevant nationally). I often see MWC games on CBS Sports so I check those out, too.

Two years ago I had a job that I only worked Monday-Friday so I took the first Thursday-Friday of the NCAA tournament off work. Almost got fired from my job last March because I was trying to sneak peeks at the Zags/OSU game. Now I work M-F again and I just requested the first Thurs-Fri off to have a 4-day basketball bonanza.

gueastcoast
02-25-2015, 07:57 AM
While only the Zags are "appointment TV" for me, I probably catch 3-6 games a week from January on "in the background" of other things I am doing in the evening or on the weekend.

I make a point to watch Big 12 games whenever possible -- because they're on ESPN a lot, and we "know" some of those teams because many of them will actually man up and play us, I find I really enjoy those games. It's a deep yet balanced conference, and they play some really good basketball in front of energetic crowds.

cjm720
02-25-2015, 08:05 AM
20 years ago, 10-20 a week. 5 years ago, 5-7 a week. Now, a few minutes of live games and highlights (life really changes when you have kids...)

tinfoilzag
02-25-2015, 08:20 AM
This thread has been difficult for me to read because it is challenging me to pause and reflect upon my behavior and lifestyle this season. I feel safe enough here to admit to all of you I have fallen far short of my aspirations and goals as a college basketball fan; I never imagined that by the ripe old age of 44 my college hoops viewing habits would boil down to watching every Zag game then, at best, a few minutes of 2-3 other games per week. It's shameful and I will do my best to change my behavior...the first step on the road to hoop fandom recovery will be to take off work on the days Zags play in NCAA tourney and watch every game, all day/eve those days!!!!

The fans of a Catholic school.;)

scrooner
02-25-2015, 08:22 AM
I've been using a really neat app/website this year called "Are You Watching This?!" http://areyouwatchingthis.com/

You create an account, tell it who your provider is & what channels you have, and it displays the scores of all the games that you can tune into (or ALL games). Then if you see something that appears interesting, it will show the channel number to change to. It has this funny rating system that shows if a game is 'OK', 'Good', 'Hot', or 'Epic' based on the team rankings, how close the score is, or the upset possibility.

I used to get frustrated trying to find games on the TV, because once a game has run over its time slot it stops appearing on my guide. This app is the ONLY way I find games now.

Baseline
02-25-2015, 09:13 AM
I DVR a lot of games but don't watch them all. I typically know the final score before I start watching a game. I fast forward through long stretches of games. I skip all advertisements.

This^^^^^^^ (If its close I watch the last 5 minutes)

CDC84
02-25-2015, 09:25 AM
I'm with the OP in that I watch a lot less than I used to. The game is imo vastly inferior to the game I used to love due to the physical nature of the game and the lack of understanding off-ball movement, screening and passing by so many teams. When I turn on a game and it's 14-11 with 6 minutes to go in the first half, I just turn it off.

I always go back to this 1991 game to demonstrate how much the game has changed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0G3lnFTrUQ

#1 UNLV 112
#2 Arkansas 105

Both of these teams were the two best defensive teams in the country. Nolan Richardson's famous "40 minutes of hell." The 1991 UNLV bunch was one of the greatest defensive teams of all time.

Still, both teams went over 100, because the way "good defense" was evaluated back then was simply different. You couldn't get away with the things you can today in terms of bumping cutters and such. This game has a flow and beauty to it than has been lost in modern times.

seacatfan
02-25-2015, 10:42 AM
I always go back to this 1991 game to demonstrate how much the game has changed:

#1 UNLV 112
#2 Arkansas 105

Both of these teams were the two best defensive teams in the country. Nolan Richardson's famous "40 minutes of hell." The 1991 UNLV bunch was one of the greatest defensive teams of all time.

Still, both teams went over 100, because the way "good defense" was evaluated back then was simply different. You couldn't get away with the things you can today in terms of bumping cutters and such. This game has a flow and beauty to it than has been lost in modern times.

I remember that game. It was a fairly epic showdown. Near the same era of LMU scoring 130+ in a Tourney game, and then getting wiped off the floor by UNLV. Watching teams score points is fun. I've never been a fan of low scoring, in any sport. Pitching duels in baseball, defense dominated football games that are FG kicking contests, etc.

seacatfan
02-25-2015, 10:48 AM
Now that I think about it some more, I kinda OD on college hoops at the beginning of the season, because I've had to go cold turkey for more than 6 months. Eventually I get satiated and cut back quite a bit during the grind of the middle of the season. I'll probably start ramping up again as we get into conference tourneys and go into full OD mode again during the Big Dance. I definitely watch parts of games all during the week, but rarely watch a full game or watch multiple games completely if it doesn't involve GU or UA. I've definitely gotten more West Coast-centric. With the Pac 12 Network I have the option of watching a bunch more games from that conference than I used to be able to. Far better coverage than Fox Sports NW/Root provided. I often prefer to watch a women's game on Pac 12 Network if it's one of the better teams rather than a men's game on the ESPN family if it's middle of the pack teams from the Big 10, Big 12, SEC, ACC, etc.

BULLDOG#1
02-25-2015, 11:02 AM
where in the world do you guys find the time to watch that much hoop?

I watch the zags and maybe one other game per week if it's a good matchup. I try and watch as much of the tourney as i can.

webspinnre
02-25-2015, 11:42 AM
I usually watch parts or all of 1-2 games per night. I have games on while making dinner and while doing dishes, and then usually in the background at least before bed. Probably in the +/- 10 range.

zag944
02-25-2015, 11:49 AM
I've always got basketball on in the background at home, but when not the Zags, I usually watch the NBA first, then whatever college games are on next.

Basically the same relationship I have with Mariners baseball. Probably watch 145 games a year in some capacity, but maybe only a dozen from start to finish and where it isnt my second screen.

Robzagnut
02-25-2015, 11:59 AM
Two years ago I had a job that I only worked Monday-Friday so I took the first Thursday-Friday of the NCAA tournament off work. Almost got fired from my job last March because I was trying to sneak peeks at the Zags/OSU game. Now I work M-F again and I just requested the first Thurs-Fri off to have a 4-day basketball bonanza.

I've taken Thus-Friday off for the past 11 years. You used to have to pay extra to get the other 3 non-CBS stations. It's my favorite sports weekend. There's always a great game or intense upsets in those 4 x 4 game sets on Thurs and Friday. And I love how they keep the running scores of the other games at the top of the screen, so you can switch from the game you're watching if another game gets interesting, so you don't miss a thing.

JPtheBeasta
02-25-2015, 12:00 PM

I watch the zags and maybe one other game per week if it's a good matchup. I try and watch as much of the tourney as i can.

I did until I got married...

gonzagafan62
02-25-2015, 12:18 PM

Shoot, even having a baby, and a wife, nothing stops me from watching ball. Watch all GU games. I watch games that I am interested in, and that's the end of it. Its a lot of work getting around all that, but for a 4 month season, with a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong offseason, its well worth it.

mgadfly
02-25-2015, 01:31 PM
If the question is about basketball generally (not college basketball specifically) I take in a ton of games. Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday are adult rec league days on the various teams I play on. I usually catch the game before ours each of those nights. We are in some leagues with retired professional players, so the adult rec action can be anywhere from barely watchable to pretty entertaining. It's also fun to watch because I'm going to play against them later.

Tuesday evenings (before adult rec league) and Thursday evenings I coach K-2nd grade girls basketball.

I also take my daughter to a couple of HS girls games each year and a few WNBA games (especially when Chicago makes its yearly visit).

I watch all Zags games even if I have to record them (Thursday nights!). I watch the early college game Saturday mornings as my kids wake up and get going. At work I turn the TVs in my office on in the afternoon and keep an eye on the East coast games. I usually only turn on the sound at the end of a close game, but I have three screens up most of the afternoon. I don't know if they count as watched games because I'm really just checking the scores and watching a little here and there between client calls.

Every March I head to Las Vegas for the WCC tournament. Since the Pac-12 tournament moved there I've tried to stay through the first day of their tourney.
The first two weeks of March Madness (the tourney) I take Thursday and Friday off or "work from home." I've done that every year of my professional life. Before that there was no need to take the day off. I also put together my own NCAA picks prior to selection Sunday announcements and have very geeky spreadsheets going back fifteen years or so.

After the NCAA tournament ends I'm usually a little burnt out on basketball because the Zags didn't do as well as I'd hoped. In younger years I'd turn to NBA action, but since the local team was stolen I've done pretty well to avoid watching games even during the playoffs when I don't have any college ball to entertain me.

The summers are for 3 on 3 tournaments. Most importantly, obviously, is Hoopfest. I've played in 18 straight years and am determined to make 20 before "retiring" and watching my kids instead.

When I'm not coaching or watching basketball I'm shopping for new jerseys for our teams (they let you design them!), ordering customized basketball shoes, purchasing coaching tapes/books/etc... on the internet, and surfing the web for the latest basketball news.

When I asked my wife to marry me I told her the best I could do was promise she'd be in my top 3 list. Basketball, God, her... in that order. She has been very understanding. In fact, she has suggested that for our 20th anniversary we go on an International trip to watch former Zags players playing ball in other countries. I think she is hoping they are all playing in Europe.

maynard g krebs
02-25-2015, 01:42 PM

#1 UNLV 112
#2 Arkansas 105

Watching that makes me sad.

mgadfly
02-25-2015, 02:08 PM
Watching that makes me sad.

Fun game to watch. If you are a fan of the fast break this is basketball at its best. I don't mind seeing a little motion offense from time to time, so this game has its own ugliness to me. Still, it'd be nice if teams moved the ball up the court quicker in the modern game.

jake
02-25-2015, 02:22 PM
20 years ago, 10-20 a week. 5 years ago, 5-7 a week. Now, a few minutes of live games and highlights (life really changes when you have kids...)

This. I watch snippets of other WCC games when I can and will watch parts of other big games on the weekend if I'm home. As far as full games, I rarely watch too many outside of the Zags. I'll catch as much as I an of conference tournaments and the NCAA tournament, but I'm ok with most of my other watching being snippets here and there. I have a 13-month old and for now that takes a lot of time. I've already purchased a Fisher Price basketball hoop and let her hit the ball out of my hand into the basket, so I'm hoping I can impart some basketball love and watch games with her when she's older.

CdAZagFan
02-25-2015, 02:48 PM
I work from home and during basketball season try to run my errands during the day so I can work and watch college basketball every afternoon and evening - probably around 10-15 games a week I'm able to watch pieces and parts of. It doesn't matter what league or conference or who's playing, I just think it is the greatest sport around. My favorite four days of the year are the first four days of the NCAA tourney (maybe even a funner watch than the super bowl). I use to take off from high school, college and work those first couple of weekdays of the tourney...