AS: 2
TO: none

SMC
FG: 0/6
FT: none
RB: none

gonzagafan62
02-23-2015, 06:00 PM
They had same problem against St. John's too.... Really (insert words here)

MickMick
02-23-2015, 06:08 PM
To complete this you need to indicate how much of this was Wiltjer. From my vantage, almost all of those crunch time statistics were his.

cggonzaga
02-23-2015, 06:17 PM
Wesley had 2 huge offensive rebounds and an assist.

Another stat I tracked from just under 6 minutes was that we only gave up 9 points. D really stepped up but SMC looked like they tired quickly.

NumberCruncher
02-23-2015, 06:23 PM
The starting lineup was re-inserted at 6:09 with the Zags trailing 55-46.

There were 12 offensive possessions and 11 defensive possessions to finish the game. SMC scored 5 points.

Here is the Zags box score for that segment:

http://i.imgur.com/2Wpb5yY.jpg

Nevada Don
02-23-2015, 07:23 PM
With 2:47 left in the game, SMC led by 2, 60-58, for the remainder of the game:

GU
FT: 8/8
FG: 2/2
BS: 2
RB: 4
AS: 2
TO: none

SMC
FG: 0/6
FT: none
RB: none

Do-over? Mulligan? Two out of Three? Second Chance? Be a sport. Let's replay that last 2:47.

gonzagafan62
02-23-2015, 07:27 PM
Do-over? Mulligan? Two out of Three? Second Chance? Be a sport. Let's replay that last 2:47.

I'll tell ya what don, well give you a do over in Vegas if we both win two games in the Orleans arena. Does that work? Only catch is that we have to start from the beginning

MickMick
02-23-2015, 07:30 PM
The starting lineup was re-inserted at 6:09 with the Zags trailing 55-46.

There were 12 offensive possessions and 11 defensive possessions to finish the game. SMC scored 5 points.

Here is the Zags box score for that segment:

http://i.imgur.com/2Wpb5yY.jpg

This shows that Wiltjer came up big in the final six minutes, but if you were to narrow it down to the last three minutes, the disparity would be much greater. The numbers would show that Wiltjer completely took over the game at both ends of the floor. A big chunk of those stats displayed for Wiltjer came in the final three minutes.

ZagaZags
02-23-2015, 07:31 PM

The mulligan was 6 1/2 points, Gonzaga won by 10.

Nevada Don
02-23-2015, 07:45 PM
I'll tell ya what don, well give you a do over in Vegas if we both win two games in the Orleans arena. Does that work? Only catch is that we have to start from the beginning

Thanks but I'll respectfully decline your offer. I'm not looking for fairness here, I'm looking for a way we can win that game:enraged:

NumberCruncher
02-23-2015, 08:00 PM
This shows that Wiltjer came up big in the final six minutes, but if you were to narrow it down to the last three minutes, the disparity would be much greater. The numbers would show that Wiltjer completely took over the game at both ends of the floor. A big chunk of those stats displayed for Wiltjer came in the final three minutes.

IMO, crunch time started at 6:09 when Few inserted the starting lineup with the team down by nine. If they don't get it down to two points, the whole dynamic of the last three minutes changes. Wiltjer did the most, but the other contributions were also extremely important.

Nevada Don
02-23-2015, 08:16 PM
I've watched the last several minutes of the game a few times. From a SMC standpoint it happened so fast, it seemed like a basketball avalanche. GU hit those two 3's seemingly almost back-to-back and the march to the free throw line was on. Those 3's were just killers. And it's a little unusual because you didn't need the 3's, a 2 would have done nicely but the 3's just sealed the game. Period. Game Over. The recap of the numbers in the opening post are so telling.

Zagceo
02-23-2015, 08:28 PM
I've watched the last several minutes of the game a few times. From a SMC standpoint it happened so fast, it seemed like a basketball avalanche. GU hit those two 3's seemingly almost back-to-back and the march to the free throw line was on. Those 3's were just killers. And it's a little unusual because you didn't need the 3's, a 2 would have done nicely but the 3's just sealed the game. Period. Game Over. The recap of the numbers in the opening post are so telling.

My guess Randy was saying the same thing no easy 2's and the snipers with no fear and green lights say open shoot!

ZagsGoZags
02-23-2015, 08:39 PM
Nevada Don,
I appreciate you come in here and give your opinion and reasons without trashing or trolling. I hope zag fans will also talk straight across (rather than down) to you and so far nearly all of them do. If we can't discuss differences and similarities with reasons respectfully here, at colleges, it probably can't happen anywhere. I wish more fans from other teams would come in here and talk to us like you do.

gonzagafan62
02-23-2015, 09:00 PM
Thanks but I'll respectfully decline your offer. I'm not looking for fairness here, I'm looking for a way we can win that game:enraged:

Haha totally understand. Appreciate you as always. Maybe we will see each other again in a couple weeks

Nevada Don
02-23-2015, 09:18 PM
Nevada Don,
I appreciate you come in here and give your opinion and reasons without trashing or trolling. I hope zag fans will also talk straight across (rather than down) to you and so far nearly all of them do. If we can't discuss differences and similarities with reasons respectfully here, at colleges, it probably can't happen anywhere. I wish more fans from other teams would come in here and talk to us like you do.

I appreciate your kind words very much. We have probably 5-6 GU posters on GIAG and they are very fair and I believe they are respected sittingon50, zagisiter, gonzagafan62, RenoZag, The ZagPhish, a barefoot zag and others I have forgotten. Actually I think these people have my back a little on the GU Board when I may go over the top a little.

I Love Saint Mary's for all the same reasons you feel as you do about Gonzaga. Most all of our people on GIAG are one's you'd like to have a beer with just as I have seen the same with most of you here. It just seems like you have so many posters it's a little overwhelming at times and because of the numbers you may have just a bit more diversity of opinions about SMC.

I've made no secret that I like Gonzaga with the usual exclusion, except when we play you. Also, you guys have treated me well, which makes it harder to HATE.:D Totally kidding. I wish you all well, perhaps with the exception of one possible game.

sittingon50
02-23-2015, 11:56 PM

I've mentioned those avalanches to the guy next to me at several home games this year, Don. You look up at the scoreboard & say "Wow, that was fast."

WallaWallaZag
02-24-2015, 01:09 AM
the bright 3 was basically smc's last gasp...gaels panicked a little after they got down by two possessions. the last good sequence they ran was the corner three by simmons that rimmed out...game over.

77Zag
02-24-2015, 08:35 AM
From 11 minute mark on, we outscored them 29-9

It was wonderful to see the meltdown live and the explosion from the Zags.

Go Zags - Beat SDU!

jim77
02-24-2015, 10:56 AM
It seemed to me that ST. Mary's ran out of gas. Especially Waldow...which isn't good cause he's their main guy. Again, I'd love to see another WCC team make the dance. Either BYU or the Gaels which requires the Zags to lose. IF the WCC is to get more respect it'll take more than a ZAG deep run...it'll take a couple of WCC folks doing damage. I believe that ST. Mary's and BYU could do that.

ST. Mary's needs its other bigs (besides Waldow) to step their game up. I think Landale does some nice things and think he and Brad should be on the floor together at times...I think this kid could blossom. They need to get Brad some more rest during game time....and give Bright more than 1 target to dish to. Bright is deceivingly quick to the hole. One of the things the Gaels do pretty well is pass the basketball....they like us can take you down with the 3. Again, I won't be criyng to much if we lose in the finals and another WCC team gets in. There are gonna be a bunch of WCC teams ready for prime time in the next few years....and I hope they schedule accordingly.

I'll tell ya what would be an interesting scenario....If BYU beats GU this week.....and GU loses to the Gaels in the conference tourney final...what does the committee do then? The WCC is the 7th best conference...I think they should get 2 teams in...or maybe 3. If the SEC gets 5 or 6 then we should get 2 or 3. BYU didn't have too bad of non conference performance ....the WCC is better than most think....they just don't always score high in the style department.

zagitup
02-24-2015, 10:56 AM
I miss Dirt McGirt's visits over here...that guy was a hoot. Wonder where he is?