PDA

View Full Version : Perkins with 0 minutes against SMC

lawprof99
02-23-2015, 04:25 PM
Did I see Perkins in the box score against SMC with "0" minutes? That makes no sense at all.

NumberCruncher
02-23-2015, 04:32 PM
Did I see Perkins in the box score against SMC with "0" minutes? That makes no sense at all.

Scorekeeper's error. The play-by-play credited him with the block at the 30 second mark. Must have confused 33 with 13. Or maybe it's a conspiracy to mess up Jenks' medical redshirt.:rolleyes:

Zagger
02-23-2015, 04:37 PM

Yeah, check out this write-up on the game:
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/103363/no-1-seed-gonzagas-comeback-win-great-in-its-own-right
Looks like he not only got 0 minutes but he also got a block. I'd have to deduce that Perkins is awful FAST!

Kyle Wiltjer was most notable in that effort. After struggling for much of the game, the All-American candidate (almost) singlehandedly took over in the final two minutes. With the game tied with 1:53 left to play, Wiltjer broke free for an easy left-handed hook in the lane. Wiltjer grabbed a defensive rebound on the ensuing possession, which led to a brilliant lob feed from Kevin Pangos to Przemek Karnowski, an easy layin that gave Gonzaga a 64-60 lead. And then, the rest of the way, Wiltjer won the game. He grabbed the next defensive rebound, drew a quick foul and made both free throws. 66-60. Ten seconds later, after a Josh Perkins block, he repeated the sequence again. 68-60. A few seconds later, Wiltjer blocked Calvin Hermanson's 3-pointer, brought down another rebound and made two more free throws. 70-60. And hey, just for good measure, he grabbed another rebound after that.

thebigsmoove
02-23-2015, 04:49 PM
I noticed that error in the ESPN article and didnt check the box score, just assumed the writer made a mistake.

U Zig, I Zag
02-23-2015, 05:03 PM
On that previous thursday Perkins combined with Rem and Kyle W to score 45. I would say that jaw is fine!

;)