PDA

View Full Version : HEART, HEART, HEART!!!

thespywhozaggedme
02-21-2015, 08:04 PM
Thread title says it all.

23dpg
02-21-2015, 08:08 PM
That was so amazing. Gonzaga couldn't hit anything for. Most of the game. They had no business winning this game. And they did. #heart

DixieZag
02-21-2015, 08:09 PM
That was so amazing. Gonzaga couldn't hit anything for. Most of the game. They had no business winning this game. And they did. #heart

You said it. No business winning that game.

But, they sure weren't going to lose it.

That's what it feels like. It's less like they went and grabbed the "win" so much as asserting they would not lose.

Malastein
02-21-2015, 08:10 PM
Thread title says it all.

Amazed they won after being down for the majority of the game, but I'm even more impressed they didn't let the Gaels much opportunity to change the outcome in the final minute.

Birddog
02-21-2015, 08:15 PM
Amazed they won after being down for the majority of the game, but I'm even more impressed they didn't let the Gaels much opportunity to change the outcome in the final minute.

They smothered the Gaels in the last 2 minutes.

CdAZagFan
02-21-2015, 08:18 PM
That's what makes this season so special - and gives me hope that this team is built differently to go deep in March - is the fact that even when things aren't going good (St. Mary's smoking hot from 3, Karno missing a ton of bunnies, Wiltjer not being able to hit early, Bell kind of disappearing at times again, Sabonis missing shots he normally wouldn't, etc.) this team still finds ways to win.

23dpg
02-21-2015, 08:18 PM
Best win of the year. They won on the road with their C game.

gonzagafan62
02-21-2015, 08:19 PM
Don't EVER underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION.

U Zig, I Zag
02-21-2015, 08:20 PM
Over at Gaels board they believe they let it slip away (perhaps) - I sort of felt like we hung around long enough to grab it because we could and we're the better team.

Zagdawg
02-21-2015, 08:21 PM
Almost like a 1st/2nd round tourney game --- Gaels came in fired up/hitting everything and the Zags were still able to gut that one out.

Good experience as we move toward the dance.

Go Zags!

Nevada Don
Congratulations Gonzaga. This one hurt.

zagbeliever
I love this team. Love them. They never give up. Go Zags!

Zagnailler
02-21-2015, 08:24 PM
I think our depth played a huge role in this win. The Gaels ran out of gas in the second half, and the Zags kept putting on the pressure and in the were too much for Randy's minions.

TexasZagFan
Over at Gaels board they believe they let it slip away (perhaps) - I sort of felt like we hung around long enough to grab it because we could and we're the better team.

I sensed resignation instead of anger. This makes 8 in a row, so that's understandable.

gonzagafan62

Thanks Don you guys played awesome. Good game.

Marcus
02-21-2015, 08:27 PM
Wow, heart attack city. Im so pumped right now I'm gonna have a hard time calming down. I agree with 23dpg, best win of the year. They showed so much heart and toughness tonight to pull this out. And I absolutely loved seeing Wiltjers fire come out at the end, blocking shots, hitting ft, and really not shying away from the moment.

Mantua
02-21-2015, 08:28 PM

We were pretty uncomfortable watching that game Don.

The Zags needed that fight.

Zagceo
02-21-2015, 08:29 PM
I knew Zags would cover.......-6.5 :)

zagamatic
02-21-2015, 08:30 PM
Once I saw the look on Waldo's face during one of those timeouts towards the end,I knew we had the win. It was that look of "again? Seriously? "

DixieZag
02-21-2015, 08:30 PM
I still can't believe we won.

In some ways, this was the perfect game. They learned they were very beatable, they also learned they could will their way to a win, despite playing poor enough to lose (for 37 minutes).

jchocolate99
02-21-2015, 08:34 PM

they did let it slip away no doubt about it tonight... we stole that game and I have to give props to them for giving us our best game of the year

Baldwinzag
02-21-2015, 08:36 PM
In some ways, this was the perfect game. They learned they were very beatable, they also learned they could will their way to a win, despite playing poor enough to lose (for 37 minutes).

Well said, Dixie.

Zagceo
02-21-2015, 08:37 PM

Tough loss and you're classy response is sportsmanship at its best. SMC kicked out butts in the first half just was hard to sustain that energy.

Zagceo
02-21-2015, 08:39 PM
they did let it slip away no doubt about it tonight... we stole that game and I have to give props to them for giving us our best game of the year

Better than Arizona?

Bocco
02-21-2015, 08:44 PM
really impressed with tonight's win, just no quit in this team

JPtheBeasta
02-21-2015, 08:52 PM
Waldow is a really good player. Bright played better than I have ever seen him play. Nobody else really stepped up for SMC. At home. It's hard to win when you do that, even when the Zag bigs are missing shot after shot. If we had lost, I would have felt that we gave this one away.

SMC shot something like 7-10 from 3 in the first half and finished 9-20. The Zags outscore them 41-20 in the second half. I thought we were playing pretty good defense and just need to start making some shots. Better late than never.

Per ESPN, SMC has lost 8 straight games against ranked opponents, and six of those times were to Gonzaga. If you hang your hopes every year on beating Gonzaga, and you lose more often than not, maybe it's time for a different approach and building your resume by playing other ranked teams...

TexasZagFan
02-21-2015, 08:54 PM
Waldow is a really good player. Bright played better than I have ever seen him play. Nobody else really stepped up for SMC. At home. It's hard to win when you do that, even when the Zag bigs are missing shot after shot. If we had lost, I would have felt that we gave this one away.

SMC shot something like 7-10 from 3 in the first half and finished 9-20. The Zags outscore them 41-20 in the second half. I thought we were playing pretty good defense and just need to start making some shots. Better late than never.

Per ESPN, SMC has lost 8 straight games against ranked opponents, and six of those times were to Gonzaga. If you hang your hopes every year on beating Gonzaga, and you lose more often than not, maybe it's time for a different approach and building your resume by playing other ranked teams...

They keep this up, it will be Gonzaga and the 9 dwarves for the foreseeable future.

Baseline
02-21-2015, 09:07 PM
I give a big part of the win to the support of GU's bench, those guys were yelling and screaming and stormed the court on timeouts. They never wavered in their enthusiasm. Anyone watching the replay, please note the bench, they were special.

Marcus
02-21-2015, 09:13 PM
I give a big part of the win to the support of GU's bench, those guys were yelling and screaming and stormed the court on timeouts. They never wavered in their enthusiasm. Anyone watching the replay, please note the bench, they were special.

I agree, that was awesome. Even Nunez has remained fully engaged, which is really cool.

Zagceo
02-21-2015, 09:16 PM
Coach BM mention bench in post game ...gave credit