• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zagamatic
    Zag for Life
    • Aug 2009

Wiltjer and fouls

So I'm here watching some hoops on a Saturday morning and seeing guys get into foul trouble. And it made me think of Wiltjer who rarely seems to get into foul trouble. He takes a lot of flack on here for not being an "elite" defender,but I have to wonder if people would rather see him play harder on defense and get tired along with potentially getting into foul trouble, or would you rather that he continues to play just "good" defense and star on the offensive end?
  • MississppiZag
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • May 2008

He plays average defense. His effort results in more fouls for Sabonis and Karnowski. So I guess if you have to have one guy avoid foul trouble it would be Kyle of the 3.
    "I enjoyed watching them play more than watching us play," Izzo said after watching his team eke out a 75-71 win over Gonzaga. "I thought they punched us in the mouth, picked us up and punched us in the mouth again."

Comment

• Mantua
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2007

I'd like to see balanced play on both ends of the court.
      Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• JokerZag
        Bulldog Fan
        • Oct 2007

It's wise to keep his foul count down. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be banging for boards. He had a few muscle boards against Pacific that were impressive

Comment

• jim77
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

He's got high IQ...he doesn't BS himself into thinking he's an elite defender. He doesn't take risks when he doesn't need to....he's EFFICIENT. I don't care if he gets burnt a few times..its his offense they better fear.

Comment

Working...
          X