Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

No EMac tonight?

Does anyone know his status? Injured?
    Birds aren’t real.
  • Martin Centre Mad Man
    Administrator
    • Apr 2009

I was wondering why he wasn't in while we were experimenting with the press.
    “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• RenoZag
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Short bench tonight. Only 8 players made the scoresheet.
      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Mantua
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2007

There wasn't much breathing space in that game. The first half was scary and the players who handled the second half were doing fine.

There is a stomach flu going around. Shem and GBJr didn't seem quite themselves tonight, although Bell was great on d.
        Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• MDABE80
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

He needs to be playing. He's a huge asset to be developed.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
            He needs to be playing. He's a huge asset to be developed.
            His break in period is endless. Wonder why. Dante had fewer circles than Few has stages of trustworthiness.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
              Banned
              • Feb 2007

EMac had two points less than Bell tonight.

Comment

• seacatfan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2014

Running out of time to work him into the rotation. I'm assuming he might come in handy in the Tourney, but if Few doesn't trust him by then...

Comment

• spike_jr
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
                  Running out of time to work him into the rotation. I'm assuming he might come in handy in the Tourney, but if Few doesn't trust him by then...
                  .....it may place a ceiling on the team's tournament aspirations. I fear that if we do not have another PG to spell Kevin, and to help break the presses that we will surely see, we are going to be in trouble after the first game. If/when we face a team with long, athletic guards, Kevin will be hounded the entire game. And we all know, as KP goes, so goes the offense. The loss of Perkins and the delayed arrival of EM has me concerned to say the least...

Comment

• ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Mantua View Post
                    There wasn't much breathing space in that game. The first half was scary and the players who handled the second half were doing fine.

There is a stomach flu going around. Shem and GBJr didn't seem quite themselves tonight, although Bell was great on d.
                    It must be because he was sick. That is the only logical reason for the DNP. I refuse to admit it is a prelude to any questionable coaching decisions that will end up killing us in March....

Comment

• GoZags
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                      His break in period is endless. Wonder why. Dante had fewer circles than Few has stages of trustworthiness.
                      His minutes are still limited (practice/game time) re: the foot.

I don't know why he didn't play tonight ... but feel he WILL be part of any 1 2 1 1 zone press moving forward, and he WILL provide adequate rest for KP when it matters. At least that's my opinion (not that those who enjoy dissing few with Dante-esque references would care about reality.... or my opinion)
                      sigpic
                      “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                      ——-
                      List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                      Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• Radbooks
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jun 2007

Jim Meehan ‏@SRJimm 4m4 minutes ago

GU's Eric McClellan didn't play. He said he's been battling the flu since Friday.
                        “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• 23dpg
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta View Post
                          It must be because he was sick. That is the only logical reason for the DNP. I refuse to admit it is a prelude to any questionable coaching decisions that will end up killing us in March....
                          Agree

And Radbooks has the answer.
                          Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• VinnyZag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Radbooks View Post
                            Jim Meehan ‏@SRJimm 4m4 minutes ago

GU's Eric McClellan didn't play. He said he's been battling the flu since Friday.
                            Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one.

Comment

• DZ
                              Zag for Life
                              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
                              I don't want this taken the wrong way, but I trust Mac in many situations more than Melson, both defensively and running the offense.
                              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                              Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X