PDA

View Full Version : Kyle - This may end any speculation about next year...

77Zag
02-11-2015, 11:29 AM
From Twitter -- referring to the Wooden Top 20

kwiltj
7 minutes ago

Tremendous honor but @kpangos and I are just getting started...Can we get this man one more year of eligibility? #ZagUp

ZagsGoZags
02-11-2015, 11:34 AM
gee that makes my day ...

sittingon50
02-11-2015, 11:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCKOI24k_UY

mgadfly
02-11-2015, 11:47 AM
cool.

MickMick
02-11-2015, 11:49 AM
How I interpret this:

If Pangos had another year of eligibility, both KW and KP could play together for another season at GU. Since KP is graduating, no need to stick around, hence they are both just getting started with a professional career.

jazzdelmar
02-11-2015, 11:51 AM
How I interpret this:

If Pangos had another year of eligibility, both KW and KP could play together for another season at GU. Since KP is graduating, no need to stick around, hence they are both just getting started with a professional career.

Ouch, and they call me a buzz killer.

hondo
02-11-2015, 11:52 AM
Its sad that they didn't play 4 year together. What fun that would have been.

MickMick
02-11-2015, 11:53 AM
Ouch, and they call me a buzz killer.

Perhaps, but there is nothing definitive in the statement. Just demonstrating that people apply their personal bias toward vague statements.

To be honest, I have no idea what KW plans to do and his statement did nothing to clear things up for me. One could easily interpret this as "If Pangos had another year, it would be worth sticking around."

Zagdawg
02-11-2015, 11:57 AM
So you're saying statements from jazz are biased----no way. ;)

jazzdelmar
02-11-2015, 12:03 PM
So you're saying statements from jazz are biased----no way. ;)

Exactly, and now a pretender to my throne as buzzkill eminence grise rises up in the form of MM....:)

MickMick
02-11-2015, 12:07 PM
Exactly, and now a pretender to my throne as buzzkill eminence grise rises up in the form of MM....:)

It is buzzkill when someone tells you an attractive gal would not be interested in you. It is "realkill" when she actually declines your offer of a dinner date.

For KW, all that really matters is "realkill".

Zagdawg
02-11-2015, 12:11 PM
Whatever Kyle decides -- it was great to have him here this year and if he thinks it makes sense then also for next year.

Go Zags!

thespywhozaggedme
02-11-2015, 12:15 PM
Not sure how that tweet ends any speculation about anything. As another poster said, I'll enjoy him as long as he's here.

77Zag
02-11-2015, 12:29 PM
Hence the title -- MAY end speculation...

Zag_Dad
02-11-2015, 12:52 PM
Funny, I saw his tweet too and also reacted as if this was evidence that he plans to stay. Yes, of course, you could interpret this all sorts of different ways but there is nothing wrong with a "glass half full" view on life.

Very pleased that he chose to play for Gonzaga and am thrilled with how he compliments this team. Enjoying every second of it AND would love to see him come back for another year.

GO ZAGS!

77Zag
02-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Funny, I saw his tweet too and also reacted as if this was evidence that he plans to stay. Yes, of course, you could interpret this all sorts of different ways but there is nothing wrong with a "glass half full" view on life.

Very pleased that he chose to play for Gonzaga and am thrilled with how he compliments this team. Enjoying every second of it AND would love to see him come back for another year.

GO ZAGS!

+1

DixieZag
02-11-2015, 01:55 PM
We're all ignoring the real question:

Can we get Pangos another year?

I'm working on the flux capacitor, plus, we can speak to some doctors about changing "appearances" and a few other issues. I think this tweet explains the Zag hair more than anything.

jazzdelmar
02-11-2015, 02:31 PM
We're all ignoring the real question:

Can we get Pangos another year?

I'm working on the flux capacitor, plus, we can speak to some doctors about changing "appearances" and a few other issues. I think this tweet explains the Zag hair more than anything.

Wrong movie. PANGOS as Teen Wolf, another flick from lookalike, fellow Canadian MJ Fox.

FuManShoes
02-11-2015, 02:36 PM
Honestly I think he just means they have their sights set on doing great things this year and has nothing to do with his individual plans.

Was Wiltjer entertaining thoughts of leaving for the draft? I mean he'll probably get a look but that body needs work.

Zag_Dad
02-11-2015, 02:51 PM
Honestly I think he just means they have their sights set on doing great things this year and has nothing to do with his individual plans.

Was Wiltjer entertaining thoughts of leaving for the draft? I mean he'll probably get a look but that body needs work.

There as a string posted recently where someone claiming to have it on very reliable source, close to Wiltjer family that Kyle plans to leave for professional basketball after this year.

Goshzagit
02-11-2015, 03:01 PM
Was Wiltjer entertaining thoughts of leaving for the draft?

There as a string posted recently where someone claiming to have it on very reliable source, close to Wiltjer family that Kyle plans to leave for professional basketball after this year.

The board seemed to take the post/thread and really run with it...in no way shape or form does it state he's leaving or that this is his final season. There seems to be a very good chance he will leave IF offered the right professional situation.

'Entertaining' the idea was all that was stated.

Sounds as if Wiltjer is going to gather insight, feedback, potential offers, and make a family decision to stay or declare, again IF he's offered a substantial opportunity.

I'm sure Kyle is pleased with his accomplishments: a college degree, a Nat'l Championship, an All-American, John Wooden nominee, All Conference 1st team, 6th man of the year, etc etc.

Depending on Kyle's feedback from NBA and/or Euro-pro offers, there seems to be a chance he returns next season. Heck, a very good chance as he'll most likely hear the same thing, "incredibly skilled 6'10 stretch forward who can shoot, dribble, pass, etc, yet we need you to defend the post as well as score, meaning we need 15+ lbs of muscle and another year of agility/strength training...we need a 245lb 6'10 guy who can stroke 3's, not a 225lb one...see you in 12 months."

Mr Vulture
02-11-2015, 03:22 PM
I know this is a board that is very biased towards Gonzaga but does anyone really think Wiltjer is really going to go pro when he is very unlikely to be a first round pick? I'm not saying he can't find a niche in the NBA but his athleticism is a real issue at that level. I don't expect any of KW, DS, or PK to leave this offseason.

jagwalkley
02-11-2015, 03:42 PM
Whatever Kyle decides -- it was great to have him here this year and if he thinks it makes sense then also for next year.

Go Zags!

kw is just about like Day and look at how much he got to play by leaving early.He is no where near ready to go up against the big boys yet. He is a great kid and a good shooter,period.

gonzagafan62
02-11-2015, 03:48 PM
kw is just about like Day and look at how much he got to play by leaving early.He is no where near ready to go up against the big boys yet. He is a great kid and a good shooter,period.

So agreed. People don't see that staying an extra year in college actually improves your game, god forbid injuries of course. Confidence is absolutely necessary

maynard g krebs
02-11-2015, 04:57 PM
I know this is a board that is very biased towards Gonzaga but does anyone really think Wiltjer is really going to go pro when he is very unlikely to be a first round pick? I'm not saying he can't find a niche in the NBA but his athleticism is a real issue at that level. I don't expect any of KW, DS, or PK to leave this offseason.

The tacos are good in Spain, and as everybody here ultimately knows, it's all about the tacos.

RenoZag
02-11-2015, 05:04 PM
Don't think the tweet ends anything. . .it does indicate he is excited about the rest of the season and playing with Pangos.

ZagMan in Philly
02-13-2015, 01:05 PM
According to Mike Dunlap, Kyle is not ready for NBA yet.
http://m.inlander.com/Bloglander/archives/2015/02/13/sabonis-isnt-leaving-early-and-a-look-at-the-nba-prospects-of-other-zags

RenoZag
02-13-2015, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the link, ZagMan. Good quick read. Always interested to hear what the opposing coaches have to say

Oregonzagnut
02-13-2015, 01:13 PM
According to Mike Dunlap, Kyle is not ready for NBA yet.
http://m.inlander.com/Bloglander/archives/2015/02/13/sabonis-isnt-leaving-early-and-a-look-at-the-nba-prospects-of-other-zags

THIS!!!!! is the BEST news of the week.

MDABE80
02-13-2015, 01:46 PM
To me, it looks like Kelly really got a lot of value in his RS year. Seriously who could doubt that. I don't know what Kyle looked like at Kentucky. It doesn't seem he got the same result at Kelly did in his year off. Just my opinion. I do think KW needs a lot more body development even though he's a great team mate and a terrific player for us. Of course he'll test the waters in May but i'm thinking the NBA folks will tell him the same thing. I can only imagine how great this team might be will all three of our bigs back.........Nunez........well..we'll see what happens. Our 3 tops guards are gone.