PDA

View Full Version : Seattle vs Portland

77Zag
02-10-2015, 10:16 AM
Just curious if we have any odds on which location is in the cards for the dance?

I'm traveling to Panama for that weekend and trying to book flights around the potential days of the two venues. My take is Seattle is the most likely, but not sure.

Any insights on this would be helpful. Also, if you were/are a Zag, which venue is preferable?

Go Zags - Beat LMU!

rennis
02-10-2015, 10:18 AM
For selfish reasons I want Seattle. Both would be fine for the team, IMO, but more alums and fans will make it to the games if they're in Seattle.

gonzagafan62
02-10-2015, 10:19 AM
I always like playing in Key Arena. That venue is definitely preferable to me.

Here is my take on what the situation looks like for the Zags:

Seattle: Win out the last 9 games
Portland: Lose one (possibly two) of the last 9 games.

Zags_Fanatic
02-10-2015, 11:17 AM
As long as GU has a top 4 seed it will almost certainly be Seattle. It's a shame because NCAA released more tix for Portland today, but not for Seattle.

Zags_Fanatic
02-10-2015, 11:19 AM
As long as GU has a top 4 seed it will almost certainly be Seattle. It's a shame because NCAA released more tix for Portland today, but not for Seattle.

Link for Portland ticket sales if anyone is interested: http://www.ticketmaster.com/venueartist/123078/1239566?brand=ncaa

Kiddwell
02-10-2015, 11:37 AM
Hope it's Portland. Domantas' dad was a Trailblazers legend. Plus, Domantas was born in Portland. Like to think Portlanders would root, root, root for the team of their legend's son! :adored: "We wuv u, Domas!" :adored:

:]

75Zag
02-10-2015, 11:49 AM
I cannot believe that we in the Pacific NW have such a bounty of NCAA D1 basketball in March. It obviously depends on your job/financial situation, but we lucky few can watch 4 solid days of NCAA basketball by commuting between Seattle and Portland a couple times. How many chances will we have to do that before we die?

Go Bulldogs!

PoMoZAG
02-10-2015, 12:16 PM
Exactly 75! Have bases covered.

Got tickets to both venues! Hurry up March!!!

Go zags from North of the border!

maynard g krebs
02-10-2015, 01:30 PM
Strangely, Portland may be a better location because of the number of bitter Husky fans that might root for the opposition in Seattle. I seem to remember it happening before.

thegloriousgoateeofKP
02-10-2015, 01:34 PM
As AKZag has pointed out in the past, the committee literally looks up the distance between a school's campus and a host arena. The 4 "protected" seeds get to stay as close to home as possible. Therefore, barring a collapse from GU, Seattle it is (80 miles closer than Portland). If you're making travel arrangements, plan on Seattle.

In '13, Salt Lake City was just a bit closer to Spokane than San Jose. And SLC it was

Zagceo
02-10-2015, 01:54 PM
Portland has a NBA stadium Seattle does not

Zagger
02-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Seattle 85 - Portland 75 :)
Portland puts up a good fight but too many TOs. Seattle steps on the feet of Portland's good shot blockers! Go Seattle!

sittingon50
02-10-2015, 03:25 PM
Freddie Brown from downtown.

zagamatic
02-10-2015, 04:20 PM
It'd be cool to see Gary get to play in front of what is basically his home town crowd as a senior. Then again,Wiltjer,Melson and Sabonis all have ties to the Portland area. Either way,it's not a bad commute for their friends and family.

seasontixholder
02-10-2015, 04:25 PM
Portland, any day. The logistics are sooooo much more easy to deal with.

seacatfan
02-10-2015, 04:52 PM
Portland has a NBA stadium Seattle does not

Seattle has an NBA stadium, they just don't have an NBA franchise to play in it.

seacatfan
02-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Strangely, Portland may be a better location because of the number of bitter Husky fans that might root for the opposition in Seattle. I seem to remember it happening before.

I think this has come up before. I know the Key Arena crowd was behind the Zags in '99. I don't remember the crowd turning on them in '04, but I might've been a bit oblivious because I was lost in my own head watching that debacle against Nevada. I do know that the crowd was definitely NOT into Pac 12 solidarity and rooting for Stanford either of those years, and they went down in flames both times to the delight of the crowd.