• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

Conference Standings

I often lose track of who is where. So, I checked, and then thought maybe others might well want to see the update. Plus, conversations about post season match-ups are interesting.

West Coast Standings

TEAM CONF OVERALL
    Gonzaga 12-0 24-1
    Saint Mary's 10-2 18-5
    BYU 8-5 18-8
    Pepperdine 8-5 15-9
    San Diego 6-7 13-12
    Portland 5-7 14-10
    Santa Clara 5-8 11-14
    Loyola Marymount 4-9 8-17
    San Francisco 3-10 9-16
    Pacific 2-10 10-14

A team I find interesting is the late charge by San Diego. They had such a horrible start but are playing better, beating Pepp by 22.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.
  • gonzagafan62
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2013

Whats really interesting from this data, is that if the season ended today, the winner of USF and LMU would play GU in the second round of the WCC tournament. Go LMU!

And wouldn't Pepperdin be in control of the 3 spot instead of BYU, or how does that tiebreaker work? I would rather see BYU in that 4 spot than Pepperdine.
    Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• sittingon50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Pep swept BYU, so they hold the tiebreaker.
      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• seacatfan
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2014

San Diego and Portland both have made charges lately to get into the middle of the standings.

Comment

• DZ
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
          San Diego and Portland both have made charges lately to get into the middle of the standings.
          Portland must have played well against SCU and USF. I understand that the teams focus on us, but, still - that's two good road wins for them.

I really hope USD plays well, maybe can even get an upset against SMC. I think Billy runs a good program and I hope that consistently finishing in the top half of the conference is enough that the administration there backs him. They have given him lots of time, though.
          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
          Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
          X