PDA

View Full Version : Made My Week

Jakester425
02-08-2015, 08:33 PM
So I'm going to nerd out for a second...this morning while waiting in line to check in at the airport to fly back home from SF, none other than Adam Morrison shows up. He was about 15 people behind us and I felt like it was a good opportunity to talk to him, so I asked if he wanted to skip the line and join us. He accepted and we chatted for a few minutes. There was a new donor so he got booted from the team plane. I had met him back when he was playing and I can definitely say he comes across more humble than in years past. We talked about the games, officiating and how things are going with coaching. It was only a few minutes but definitely made my week.

GO ZAGS!!!

TheZagPhish
02-08-2015, 09:50 PM
Cool. Adam is a very nice guy.

GrizZAG
02-09-2015, 04:47 AM
Ha, would love to hear what he had to say about officiating:lmao:

jazzdelmar
02-09-2015, 06:00 AM
....or about KW going pro :)

SWZag
02-09-2015, 06:02 AM
Probably ruined other peoples' day by having someone cut in from of them! :p

Cool you had a nice conversation.

gozagswoohoo
02-09-2015, 06:49 AM
Can you tell us some more about the convo? Very cool.

And just curious, what do you mean when you say 'there was a new donor, so he got booted from the team plane'? I don't quite understand.

Birddog
02-09-2015, 07:10 AM

And just curious, what do you mean when you say 'there was a new donor, so he got booted from the team plane'? I don't quite understand.

I'm pretty sure he meant a large contributor of $$ to GU got his seat.

Zagsker
02-09-2015, 07:27 AM
I'm pretty sure he meant a large contributor of $$ to GU got his seat.

Sounds like Morrison got "mini me'd"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh5Lh-tTSZQ

Jakester425
02-09-2015, 07:31 AM

Since the team has a charter I was surprised to see him in line. So that's the first thing I asked him. He said there was a new donor that got to fly with the team and he was the odd man out. He said it wasnt a big deal to him, got to spend an extra night in SF. Didnt find out any earth shattering news, but wasnt trying to either. Below are the few topics we discussed.

P.S. We were on the same flight home to Seattle, he was connecting to Spokane. I was crossing my fingers he was going to be seated next to us, but no luck. I told my wife if that happens I'm taking the middle seat :)

Road Trip - Thought both were fun games
Coaching - Can be difficult at times but he's really enjoying it, its a lot of work.
Officiating - WCC has lower tier crews, inconsistency is his biggest issue.
March Madness - Is looking forward to playing in Portland or Seattle.

In the future, I will have questions prepared for the next time I run into a member of the coaching staff :)

Zag_Dad
02-09-2015, 07:39 AM
Since the team has a charter I was surprised to see him in line. So that's the first thing I asked him. He said there was a new donor that got to fly with the team and he was the odd man out. He said it wasnt a big deal to him, got to spend an extra night in SF. Didnt find out any earth shattering news, but wasnt trying to either. Below are the few topics we discussed.

P.S. We were on the same flight home to Seattle, he was connecting to Spokane. I was crossing my fingers he was going to be seated next to us, but no luck. I told my wife if that happens I'm taking the middle seat :)

Coaching - Can be difficult at times but he's really enjoying it, its a lot of work.

In the future, I will have questions prepared for the next time I run into a member of the coaching staff :)

Thanks for sharing.

I have always wondered whether Morrison would bother chatting with a fan. He seems so serious (bordering on angry) in demeanor. I suspect that he's a very pleasant and happy person but he seems a bit melancholy.

GO ZAGS

kitzbuel
02-09-2015, 08:50 AM

You mean you don't have your updated list of questions for Zag coaches prepared and with you at all times!

TexasZagFan
02-09-2015, 09:29 AM
You mean you don't have your updated list of questions for Zag coaches prepared and with you at all times!

Sounds like a great idea for a thread by itself.

The only coach I talked to in Stillwater was Donny Daniels. Introduced my son to him as his starting point guard in 2022. Also had a nice chat with Elias Harris...in German.

Birddog
02-09-2015, 09:46 AM
I talked to Few once on the phone. It was in Albuquerque prior to the game with the Lobos and I was connected to his room accidentally. I recognized his voice immediately and apologized for the intrusion and then said,
well, "as long as I have you on the phone, do you know where the post game social will be held?" Priorities.