PDA

View Full Version : Byron Wesley On ESPN Radio today at 1:30

bomberooski
02-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Byron Wesley will be on "The Dickau And Slim Show" at 1:30pm PST this afternoon.

This is the listen live link (http://player.listenlive.co/28841)

adoptedzag
02-06-2015, 12:31 PM
BWes coming up next after this commercial break

adoptedzag
02-06-2015, 12:45 PM
D&S: Byron, how was the SCU crowd

BW: it was cool, always good to go back to Cali, from warmups they were giving it tous

D&S: What did they have for you

BW: Stuff I liked on facebook and old pictures on twitter

D&S: nice win, stayed close, kinda fun to play in a game like that?

BW: it was a blast, gives you a high school feel, everyone's close to the court, all in all, we need games like that, SCU did a great job came out early

D&S: you're getting everyone's best shot, how does Few prepare you for what you'll see from other teams and crowds

BW: starts in practice, we really compete and get better, other than that, we just continue to grow. As long as everyone stays unselfish, the skys the limit

D&S: unselfish to another level, pass open shots for great shots

BW: anyone's night any time, teams are going to have to pick and choose, when they do, we find someone else

D&S: for yourself, you were the go to guy at usc to a role where you didn't know what was expected, what was the toughest adjustment

BW: something that has taken time, being a competitor you're going to want certain shots/numbers, but I try and look at the big picture I think its important to put the team first. Italked to coach few and its about not getting concerned with certain numbers

D&S: can you explain what makes coach few so special

BW: making us compete every day and be a team player, starts with off the court stuff, team building activities to make me feel like I'm a part of something special. important to be close off the court

D&S: you keep saying the word "team", but as we get to crunch time, if we are in a close game, who gets the ball

BW: good question, any of the guards, its not set in stone, what matchups

D&S: still room for growth? where can you improve?

BW: way too many turnovers last night, taking care of the ball. continue to make strides on def and reb

D&S: is Sabonis as intense in practice as in the games

BW: DS is soemthing special, for a freshman its really impressive

D&S: Good looking team, one sore point, on the top of pango's head (hair) what advice are you giving him

BW: kevin is my roommate, so I didn't know him when he had it cut he doesn't use too much hair product

D&S: wilt's dunk at the end, what all went down, how was it addressed

BW: Coach didn't address the team, kyle got caught up in the moment, he sent out tweets apologizing, probably won't happen again, but everything is fine

gonzagafan62
02-06-2015, 12:51 PM
Thanks for typing out the interview! Muchos gracias !!! Sounds like Wesley is having a bunch of fun. Glad to hear it

3zagda
02-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Adopted,
Thanks for the transcript. I love that kid!
Is there a place to listen to a replay?

DixieZag
02-06-2015, 01:27 PM
Wes might well make a good coach some day. I've always thought that about Gary. BWes might be right there, too.

gozagswoohoo
02-06-2015, 01:47 PM
Thanks adoptedzag.

ZaGranny
02-06-2015, 01:51 PM
Byron tweeted this:

Byron Wesley ‏@byron_wesley 4h4 hours ago
S/O my little sis @mo_moneeeey for throwing a 1 hitter in her first game for Kansas today! Keep proving doubters wrong. #hardworkpaysoff
0 replies 6 retweets 18 favorites
Reply Retweet6 Favorite18
More
Byron Wesley retweeted
Kansas Softball ‏@KUSoftball 7h7 hours ago
Wesley twirls a one-hit, run-rule shortened shutout and gets plenty of run support in a 8-0 #JayhawkSoftball win.

Expand 0 replies 16 retweets 52 favorites
Reply Retweet16 Favorite52
More

Athletic talent must run in the family.

ZaGranny

Story here:
http://www.kuathletics.com/news/2015/2/6/SB_0206155728.aspx?path=softball