PDA

View Full Version : Karnowski's Crafty Butt-Pinning, Per Luke Winn

ZagNative
02-05-2015, 12:24 PM
In his latest Power Rankings, Luke Winn's discussion of Gonzaga focuses on our man Karnowski (http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2015/02/05/power-rankings-kentucky-virginia-gonzaga-duke):

http://cdn-jpg.si.com/sites/default/files/styles/si_article_main/public/2015/02/05/gonzaga-bigs.jpg

3 Gonzaga Bulldogs

last week: 4
record: 22-1

While we're on the subject of post position ... let's take a few moments to appreciate the transition post-up craftiness of Gonzaga center Przemek Karnowski. He's a 7-foot-1, 288-pound, 18-wheeler who's always conscious of what's happening in his side mirrors during rim-runs. Here, from a fastbreak against Memphis, Karnowski senses a fast-closing Austin Nichols and deftly butt-pins him at the free-throw line, setting up a lob entry and two-shot foul (hover to play):

Zagger
02-05-2015, 12:37 PM
Yeah, that was great. And Shem burned Memphis by making 9-12 FTs :)
Great photo of the pair! They have fun challenging one another in shoots arounds before games. Pretty sure that's what they're up to in the photo.

Zagceo
02-05-2015, 01:21 PM
Yeah, that was great. And Shem burned Memphis by making 9-12 FTs :)
Great photo of the pair! They have fun challenging one another in shoots arounds before games. Pretty sure that's what they're up to in the photo.

I love it when Shem pats Domas on top of his head with a open hand after a good play. Its like big brother little (less big) brother good job.

RenoZag
02-05-2015, 05:30 PM
I know the term "Gentle Giant" is a cliche, but Mr. Karnowski strikes me as being such. I realize he's a big ol' grizzly bear on the court, but he sure strikes me as being a joyful soul in an oversized body. Very glad he's a Zag

NumberCruncher
02-05-2015, 05:42 PM
I love it when Shem pats Domas on top of his head with a open hand after a good play. Its like big brother little (less big) brother good job.

I've noticed him doing that before, including once to Kyle Collinsworth. I always say "way to go, little feller," or "that's ok, little feller," whichever is appropriate.