PDA

View Full Version : #1 Seed with nerves, or #2 seed with a chip on the shoulder?

Kong-Kool-Aid
02-05-2015, 01:22 PM
What would you rather have?

Does it matter to you whether we would get a #1 or #2 seed? (Assuming we win out)

Part of me thinks that it might be some tremendous motivation to be "snubbed" and put as the #2 seed in the west. Either way we would be in either Seattle or Portland, so the punishment in terms of geographic location would be negligible.. but maybe, just maybe it would light an extra spark under our behinds to take us a little further?

DixieZag
02-05-2015, 01:24 PM
I would be just fine with a two seed, IF, we could guarantee we were not in Kentucky's region.

The biggest advantage to the one seed is the guarantee to not face Kentucky until the final four.

gonzagafan62
02-05-2015, 01:27 PM
Difference between a 1 and 2 seed is so marginal nobody needs to worry about it.

gueastcoast
02-05-2015, 01:39 PM
No difference in my mind, just want us in the West

cjm720
02-05-2015, 01:40 PM
Whatever offers better potential matchups. Our target on our backs is big regardless of who we play.

GonzagasaurusFlex
02-05-2015, 01:58 PM
What would you rather have?

Does it matter to you whether we would get a #1 or #2 seed? (Assuming we win out)

Part of me thinks that it might be some tremendous motivation to be "snubbed" and put as the #2 seed in the west. Either way we would be in either Seattle or Portland, so the punishment in terms of geographic location would be negligible.. but maybe, just maybe it would light an extra spark under our behinds to take us a little further?

I'm hoping for a #1 seed with a big chip on shoulder thanks to all the inevitable talk of: "weakest #1 seed.....easiest bracket...over-rated....weak WCC schedule etc.." that would surely come with a #1 seed for the Zags.

Mantua
02-05-2015, 02:00 PM
I'm hoping for a #1 seed with a big chip on shoulder thanks to all the inevitable talk of: "weakest #1 seed.....easiest bracket...over-rated....weak WCC schedule etc.." that would surely come with a #1 seed for the Zags.

This.

DixieZag
02-05-2015, 02:17 PM

If Kentucky was not the E8 team. :)

maynard g krebs
02-05-2015, 02:39 PM
I don't think it matters much either. With a veteran team like this, if nerves are an issue they won't go far anyway. And a 2 seed would still be a high level of respect; don't see how it would put a chip on their shoulders, i.e. feeling disrespected.

I wonder how much of this stuff is media driven cliche thinking. The pressure in the tournament is huge anyway; some teams thrive on it and others tighten regardless of anything else like seed. My hope is that the collective experience of the team will be enough to keep them loose and confident and expecting to win. But that's to be seen.

gonzagafan62
02-05-2015, 02:42 PM
I don't think it matters much either. With a veteran team like this, if nerves are an issue they won't go far anyway. And a 2 seed would still be a high level of respect; don't see how it would put a chip on their shoulders, i.e. feeling disrespected.

I wonder how much of this stuff is media driven cliche thinking. The pressure in the tournament is huge anyway; some teams thrive on it and others tighten regardless of anything else like seed. My hope is that the collective experience of the team will be enough to keep them loose and confident and expecting to win. But that's to be seen.

Every small little notion, mistake, and success are all blown out of proportion. EVERYTHING. The media is such a dangerous thing, that I don't watch the media, unless they are talking about Gonzaga and I wanna see something.

'62

zag67
02-05-2015, 02:43 PM
I think that the who is number 7 or 8 and 3 or 4 is as important as 1 or 2. They sometimes set the matchups to create more ratings rather than what the real seeds.

TheGonzagaFactor
02-05-2015, 02:53 PM
I would rather have the #2 seed, period.

BTB
02-05-2015, 05:45 PM

Exactly. Why isn't 1 seed with a chip on their shoulder an option? Or 2 seed playing with nerves? IMO they are going to play their hearts out and want to win just as bad no matter the seed. 1 seed should have slightly better matchups, so I'd rather have that.

SunDevilGolfZag
02-05-2015, 06:17 PM
#1 seed with moxie; screw the nerves

Reborn
02-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Why would anyone in their right mind want to be #2 when they can be #1? Doesn't make sense to me. I don't believe this team plays with a chip on their shoulder. They play like a very confident team who knows who they are. This a very talented Gonzaga team, and doesn't have to have a chip on their shoulder. Sorry.....But that's how I feel. And personally, I'd rather play with confidence then with a chip on my shoulder.

Go Zags!!!

23dpg
02-05-2015, 07:29 PM
Why would anyone in their right mind want to be #2 when they can be #1? Doesn't make sense to me. I don't believe this team plays with a chip on their shoulder. They play like a very confident team who knows who they are. This a very talented Gonzaga team, and doesn't have to have a chip on their shoulder. Sorry.....But that's how I feel. And personally, I'd rather play with confidence then with a chip on my shoulder.

Go Zags!!!

Why would playing with confidence make you have a chip on your shoulder? Otherwise I agree. 1 seed is better! This team is good.

Zags11
02-05-2015, 10:30 PM
1 seed in seattle would be legendary. As we go to our first final 4.