PDA

View Full Version : Memphis vs Zags Opening Line

zagsfanforlife
01-30-2015, 01:02 PM
Zags -17.5

gonzagafan62
01-30-2015, 01:07 PM
waaaaaaaaaay too high. IMO. I would hard pressed to give 8 right now.

Kong-Kool-Aid
01-30-2015, 01:35 PM
Damnit, I had said to myself if it was less than 17 I would bet it.

Hopefully other people agree with you and move the line for me.

Gonzaga will be up for this game, Memphis isn't that strong this year. I think 17 is a realistic number.

jazzdelmar
01-30-2015, 01:57 PM
Perfect storm. A win that covers that line and a UVa slip might propel GU to #2.

RenoZag
01-30-2015, 06:12 PM
jazz, do you think Coach K can pull a rabbit out of his Blue Devil hat and win in Charlottesville Saturday ? He hasn't had the quietest week. . .

jazzdelmar
01-30-2015, 06:15 PM
jazz, do you think Coach K can pull a rabbit out of his Blue Devil hat and win in Charlottesville Saturday ? He hasn't had the quietest week. . .

I'm still not sold on Clooney's boys. And Coach K is Coach K. Might be a good place for UVa to brush undefeated monkey off their back and also keep big brother viable for a top seed. But I'm not suggesting a conspiracy. Much.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
01-30-2015, 06:54 PM
I'm still not sold on Clooney's boys. And Coach K is Coach K. Might be a good place for UVa to brush undefeated monkey off their back and also keep big brother viable for a top seed. But I'm not suggesting a conspiracy. Much.

I don't think College Game Day is a good place to brush it off...When Virginia blew out VCU @ the Stu it was the destruction of a very very good team in 1 of the most hostile environments in college hoops. Virginia is probably a year away if Anderson returns from having a legit shot to go unbeaten next year. They would return everyone. Although draft express has Anderson going #23 so I hope he is gone. Virginia is the better team and they are probably better than Kentucky especially from an in game coaching perspective. What about North Carolina next week (I think) on the road as their first L. Maybe NC State or the Ville also on the road. It seems 2 loses headed into the tournament is reasonable for Virginia. I think Virginia all the way here. Kentucky will have a very tough game at LSU and if Martin & Mickey hit the boards as they usually do and Gray doesn't turn it over I look for a possible upset there. It will be close for sure. What do you think Jazz??? A Virginia win helps our chances for A #1 SEED for the reason you mentioned. It knocks Duke back prolly for good off the #1 line.

gomemphistigers1
01-30-2015, 07:35 PM
You guys should beat the spread, no problem :-/

DixieZag
01-30-2015, 07:40 PM
You guys should beat the spread, no problem :-/

That is a lot of points. I was thinking more like 11-12.

UVA returns everyone next year?

Gulp.

gomemphistigers1
01-30-2015, 07:51 PM
Yeah, Virginia is really, REALLY good...they destroyed us last season with our 4 senior guards, plus Austin Nichols.

01-31-2015, 08:14 AM
Yeah, Virginia is really, REALLY good...they destroyed us last season with our 4 senior guards, plus Austin Nichols.

If Portis declares at Arkansas do you think Memphis lands Teddy Kapita for 2015? Iverson departing helps right?

Reborn
01-31-2015, 08:20 AM
IMO there is no way that Duke beats Virginia today.

Go Zags!!!

RenoZag
01-31-2015, 04:58 PM

Coach K pulls it off.

I'm just glad Reborn didn't say there was no way Memphis beats Gonzaga today.

Zags need to take care of business tonight.

BEAT THEM TIGERS !!

jazzdelmar
01-31-2015, 05:03 PM

Just sayin. :) thx Reen.

gomemphistigers1
01-31-2015, 05:58 PM
If Portis declares at Arkansas do you think Memphis lands Teddy Kapita for 2015? Iverson departing helps right?

I think we're done for 2015.

http://memphis.247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/Commits

Sarenyon
01-31-2015, 08:21 PM

01-31-2015, 08:22 PM
Perfect storm. A win that covers that line and a UVa slip might propel GU to #2.

Great call Jazz! :) Awesome! Night!

jazzdelmar
01-31-2015, 08:24 PM
Great call Jazz! :) Awesome! Night!

I would like to thank the academy........

sittingon50
01-31-2015, 11:13 PM
Or, they could get jumped by Duke.