PDA

View Full Version : Jack Sikma was in the house

Lewey
01-30-2015, 11:15 AM
When I was leaving the Portland game last night I went by the section allocated for the press. I happened to notice name tags, and the first one was "Jack Sikma, Houston Rockets". He was just standing there, looking out over the court. I wasn't sure it was him, as he didn't look like what I remembered back from when he was playing (guess I don't look the same as then either!). When I got home, I went on line and looked at more current pictures, and it was him. I also tried to find out what he did for Houston. Looks like in the past he was an assistant coach (specializing in bigs of course), but from what I could tell it didn't seem he was with them anymore. Since his son doesn't play for Portland anymore, I would think he was taking a look at one or all of our threesome of bigs.

gonzagafan62
01-30-2015, 11:43 AM
When I was leaving the Portland game last night I went by the section allocated for the press. I happened to notice name tags, and the first one was "Jack Sikma, Houston Rockets". He was just standing there, looking out over the court. I wasn't sure it was him, as he didn't look like what I remembered back from when he was playing (guess I don't look the same as then either!). When I got home, I went on line and looked at more current pictures, and it was him. I also tried to find out what he did for Houston. Looks like in the past he was an assistant coach (specializing in bigs of course), but from what I could tell it didn't seem he was with them anymore. Since his son doesn't play for Portland anymore, I would think he was taking a look at one or all of our threesome of bigs.

Thanks for sharing Lewey. Nice story. I wonder....... but you're probably right. scouting the bigs.

TheGonzagaFactor
01-30-2015, 12:08 PM
Had to be a scout, or every NBA team gets a press pass if they choose to use it and he requested theirs...

GoZags
01-30-2015, 12:17 PM
There are other Zags (besides our bigs) on the NBA radar.