PDA

View Full Version : New Bracketology 1-29-15

gonstu
01-29-2015, 09:21 AM
Interesting...

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Zag_Dad
01-29-2015, 09:31 AM
I know these "bracketology" projections are pure conjecture... BUT, I would love to see GU play DUKE to advance to the Final Four!

GO ZAGS

gonzagafan62
01-29-2015, 10:34 AM
I know these "bracketology" projections are pure conjecture... BUT, I would love to see GU play DUKE to advance to the Final Four!

GO ZAGS

High Point > Duke

:p

Zag_Dad
01-29-2015, 10:40 AM
I don't know anything about High Point, but that would be a pretty HUGE upset. I'm hoping that Duke struggles through to Elite Eight round so we can finally beat them and convince the East coast media that GU is a legit program. I think beating Coach K in the tournament might shut some people up for a while.

GO ZAGS

jazzdelmar
01-29-2015, 10:44 AM
Ohio is better than anyone in the next round.

BULLDOG#1
01-29-2015, 11:48 AM
I don't know anything about High Point, but that would be a pretty HUGE upset. I'm hoping that Duke struggles through to Elite Eight round so we can finally beat them and convince the East coast media that GU is a legit program. I think beating Coach K in the tournament might shut some people up for a while.

GO ZAGS

i would love to see a gu - dook matchup.

Kiddwell
01-29-2015, 12:24 PM
Kiddwell would like to see Wichita State in our bracket so we would kick their seater-ends to the other side of the solar system. :boxing: No, right outta the solar system. :boxing: :boxing:

:]

Zag_Dad
01-29-2015, 12:37 PM
i would love to see a gu - dook matchup.

There's trouble in Doo(K)-Ville... they just dismissed Rasheed Sulaimon from the team.

seacatfan
01-29-2015, 12:44 PM
There's trouble in Doo(K)-Ville... they just dismissed Rasheed Sulaimon from the team.

Because he missed some key FT's in the game against ND yesterday? Sulaimon has been one of the leaders of the "who will transfer from Duke next" watch for a couple years.

seacatfan
01-29-2015, 12:48 PM
I hate Duke and I think they are positioned yet again for a big upset in the Tourney this year. That said, I really don't want GU to run into them. The 2 previous meetings were such one sided beat downs, and those weren't great Duke teams either. I'd rather that a Final 4 berth wasn't on the line for Few to prove he can actually get a team prepared to compete with and beat a K coached Duke team.

DixieZag
01-29-2015, 12:55 PM
Wanna hear something weird?

If that were out today, listen to the teams not making the tourney:

Washington (of course, but weird)
Michigan
Syracuse
Kansas STate

Those are usually some powerful team

And, Michigan State is falling fast (Isn't Michigan state one of the two or three teams that have been to more tournaments in a row than us at 14/15? I thought it was Michigan State and Duke?

seacatfan
01-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Wanna hear something weird?

If that were out today, listen to the teams not making the tourney:

Washington (of course, but weird)
Michigan
Syracuse
Kansas STate

Those are usually some powerful team

And, Michigan State is falling fast (Isn't Michigan state one of the two or three teams that have been to more tournaments in a row than us at 14/15? I thought it was Michigan State and Duke?

Kansas has a long streak as well. This year will mark 17 straight for Gonzaga. Can't be more than a few teams that have longer active streaks.

seacatfan
01-29-2015, 01:17 PM
Okay, I had to look it up. Kansas is at 25 and counting. Duke at 19. Michigan St. at 17. GU and Wisconsin both at 16. Nobody else has a current streak of more than 10. North Carolina longest all time at 27, broken up during the Coach Doh era.

gonzagafan62
01-29-2015, 01:20 PM
Kansas has a long streak as well. This year will mark 17 straight for Gonzaga. Can't be more than a few teams that have longer active streaks.

Gonzaga is tied with Wisconsin at this juncture.

Kansas 25
Duke 19
Michigan State 17
Gonzaga/Wisconsin 16

Arizona would have a streak of 25 (and technically does, but their 1999 appearance was vacated)

DixieZag
01-29-2015, 01:30 PM
Thx guys. I didn't have quick access to that list.

I love being in company with those folks. And, things like that help when recruiting a guy like Wesley. Guys that desperately want to get to the tournament at least once in their lives. Coming to us is a pretty sure bet.

Michigan State could go down this year with another couple of bad losses and no good wins.

gonzagafan62
01-29-2015, 01:37 PM
Thx guys. I didn't have quick access to that list.

I love being in company with those folks. And, things like that help when recruiting a guy like Wesley. Guys that desperately want to get to the tournament at least once in their lives. Coming to us is a pretty sure bet.

Michigan State could go down this year with another couple of bad losses and no good wins.

Whats really weird is if you look past Wisconsin and Gonzaga, and see who else is on the list (Everyone is doubled up or worse):

Louisville 8
Ohio State 6
Syracuse 6
Florida 5
Kansas State 5
San Diego State 5

Bogozags
01-29-2015, 01:59 PM
I think our toughest game in that bracket would be against Iowa State. They are quick, long and talented. ISU ran and ran against KU. They were running fast-breaks on made baskets as if KU wasn't on the court...reminds me of the 1989-90 LMU team. Then again, they are just not consistent, losing to teams they shouldn't but that is basketball...

RenoZag
01-29-2015, 02:08 PM
Duke dropped Sulaimon from the program today. Wonder how the rest of the squad will react ?

willandi
01-29-2015, 02:08 PM
Ohio is better than anyone in the next round.

Is Ohio in? Or did you mean just another Ohio State?

jazzdelmar
01-29-2015, 04:16 PM
Is Ohio in? Or did you mean just another Ohio State?

I mean OSU which is dismembering #15 Maryland right now.

zagamatic
01-29-2015, 04:38 PM
While I wouldn't mind seeing a matchup with Duke, I highly doubt that the committee would shove them out west as a 2 seed. Too much of an east coast draw, too much travel. Would be a penalty as a 2 seed regardless of where they play the first weekend. As a 4 seed or higher, maybe. But I'd be totally ok with playing them in the final 4.