PDA

View Full Version : Pangos on 700 ESPN at 2pm PST

bomberooski
01-28-2015, 11:40 AM
Kevin Pangos joins "The Dickau and Slim Show" at 2pm PST this afternoon.

Live stream link: http://player.listenlive.co/28841 (http://player.listenlive.co/28841)

gonzagafan62
01-28-2015, 12:16 PM
thanks lookin forward to it

hooter73
01-28-2015, 01:16 PM
Live notes:

What they do in march will either prove people right or wrong regarding the overrated issue.

What makes this team different than the 2013 #1 team?
This one has more depth. 2013 was more individual centric.

Pangos in answer to whos the most underrated guy right now:
Kyle Dranginis

Why doesn't he shoot the ball more?
He doesn't need to. The team is better with everyone participating

Eric M and Silas are a nice reprieve and Eric is only getting better.

Stuff about hair.

Hes the better shooter out of Dickau and the entire team.

gonzagafan62
01-28-2015, 01:17 PM
So conveniently I got caught up in a meeting when the Pangos interview happened. Can someone post a link to the replay (if there is one?) Thanks.

And hooter thanks for the notes.

TheZagPhish
01-28-2015, 02:04 PM
Stuff about hair.

Dammit, hooter! That's the only part I really cared about and you just blithely blew it off!

What's going on with the hair stuff?!

:jk:

Lurknomore
01-28-2015, 02:22 PM
Ok, he said he is having fun with the hair stuff and the 80's look. Slim said, that while he has hair he should be growing it out because at some point he won't have so much. KP's girlfriend likes it so right now he is going to stay with the look. Dickau said, if he needs to change his hair he knows of a place to go for the change!

sittingon50
01-28-2015, 02:44 PM
Ok, he said he is having fun with the hair stuff and the 80's look. Slim said, that while he has hair he should be growing it out because at some point he won't have so much. KP's girlfriend likes it so right now he is going to stay with the look. Dickau said, if he needs to change his hair he knows of a place to go for the change!

:roll:

jazzdelmar
01-28-2015, 03:03 PM
Love his bravado vs a vs DD as a shooter, but not close. DD plays 4 years KP no chance at the three point crown. Still, KP is a great kid and player.

TheZagPhish
01-28-2015, 03:04 PM

Perfect.

zag buddy
01-28-2015, 04:14 PM
To one of two Dickau barbershops. south hill or north side. My question is can he hit a 3 point shot like Wiljer - behind his back at half court? It would be interesting to compare Kevins best two years number made and percentage against Dickau's two years.

Zagdawg
01-28-2015, 04:24 PM
There is a reason that Dan was in the NBA and a 1st team All American-- he can shoot.

3 PT%
Junior 48%
Senior 46%

College Career 46.5%

jazzdelmar
01-28-2015, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=Zagdawg;1077571]There is a reason that Dan was in the NBA and a 1st team All American-- he can shoot.

3 PT%
Junior 48%
Senior 46%

College Career 46.5%[/QUOTE

The best.

MDABE80
01-28-2015, 07:13 PM
I think Kevin's a better all around player......Dan was a better shooter though.....but not by much.

Rangerzag
01-28-2015, 07:32 PM
Replay is available with iTunes. I have no idea if they put it up elsewhere.

Zagdawg
01-28-2015, 08:34 PM
Don't know that I can agree with Kevin being a better all around player than Dan at this point --but hopefully by the end of the year he will be.

In Dans two seasons with us --he averaged 20 pts and 5.3 assists per game --87% from the ft line and 47% from three.

He took us to a sweet sixteen and earned first team All American honors along with being drafted in the 1st round to the NBA draft and spent 6 years in the NBA.

In our sweet 16 run--we were a 12 seed---he led the team in the upset of #5 seed Virginia where he scored 29 points, and scored 20 points when we beat Indiana State and 19 points against Michigan State.

I am hoping that Kevin can surpass those accomplishments--we will have a very good ending to our year.

Go Zags

gonzagafan62
01-29-2015, 04:53 AM
Replay is available with iTunes. I have no idea if they put it up elsewhere.

Crap. I was hoping an mp3 version or a standard replay. Ugh oh well

hooter73
01-29-2015, 07:32 AM
Dickau said it himself, a good shooter needs to believe that he is the best.

hondo
01-29-2015, 09:34 AM
There is a lot more to playing PG than shooting.

Zagdawg
01-29-2015, 09:46 AM
Agree--- The point guard makes their team better on any given day. The leadership ability to take your team (as the underdog) and lead them to victory over your opponent who is heavily favored.

Kevin has one of the best teams that we have ever fielded around him this year-- will we realize our potential?- hoping that he steps up and leads them farther than we have ever been in the dance.

DADoZAG
01-29-2015, 09:58 AM
What they do in march will either prove people right or wrong regarding the overrated issue.

Tru dat....

But it starts tonight, and will really be demonstrated Saturday.

Believe. Finish Strong.

Go ZAGS!

MDABE80
01-29-2015, 01:58 PM
Don't know that I can agree with Kevin being a better all around player than Dan at this point --but hopefully by the end of the year he will be.

In Dans two seasons with us --he averaged 20 pts and 5.3 assists per game --87% from the ft line and 47% from three.

He took us to a sweet sixteen and earned first team All American honors along with being drafted in the 1st round to the NBA draft and spent 6 years in the NBA.

In our sweet 16 run--we were a 12 seed---he led the team in the upset of #5 seed Virginia where he scored 29 points, and scored 20 points when we beat Indiana State and 19 points against Michigan State.

I am hoping that Kevin can surpass those accomplishments--we will have a very good ending to our year.

Go Zags
Numbers are one thing. Kevin's got good numbers .but not like Dan's. I meant all around...not just those numbers. I think Kev's got a lot of competition for scoring help which Dickau did not. THE ONE thing that's soo much more important is what the PG does. Managing a team is critical.and I do believe Kevin's the best we've had in an awful long time. Dan was eyepopping in numbers but managing a team? I like Kevin.

Zagdawg
01-29-2015, 02:27 PM
A good floor general will step up when his team needs him the most -- i.e. Dan willing us to a sweet 16 ---- Kevin can do it too and hopefully this is his year.
Dan was 2nd on his team in scoring to Casey who averaged 19 pts a game -- next came Stepp at 10 pts and Gourde 8.5 pts and Spink at 7.5 pts--(Hernandez/Bankhead/Reason average 6.8-4.5 pts each) I will agree that Dan did not have the weapons available on his team and depth that we do now-- but he was still able to get us to a Sweet 16 as a 12 seed-- that takes some doing.

I agree that Kevin is the best that we have had in the last 12 years or so ( ;)since Dickau graduated).

This is Kevins year -- it is going to be a great ride and keeping the fingers crossed that we can finally exceed our elite 8 year.

Go Zags