PDA

View Full Version : GU vs Portland...game predictions and other thoughts...

Reborn
01-27-2015, 07:28 PM
Gonzaga 87
Portland 61

I believe that Gonzaga is going to make a statement against Portland tomorrow night in the K2. The road game @Portland was a tough game, and Gonzaga is Now going to show how much they are improving. They also need a good game to get keyed up for Memphis on Saturday. I thought Portland would be better this year, and I am not really sure why they are not. They definitely lost some games that I felt they'd win. Like a few games recently this is a NO CONTEST game. The Zags are ready, and will stay ready. There will be no let down, imo. Say what you want, those of you who doubt. The Zags don't care. They focused on something that is way more important then what the press and analysts believe say and/or believe. Who really cares about whether they're lambs or wolves. They don't have to pull your heart out to defeat them. They wear you down slowly with precision passing, like the San Antonio team last year did, and with unselfish teamwork, again like San Antonio.

I'm hoping to see Gary Bell continue to hit those 3's and continue attacking the basket with authority. I do admit that i like seeing Melson hits shots, especially behind the 3 pt line. I remember taking a lot of flack for defending my son and A friend who told me how good Melson is. After a slow start because he was not even expecting to play this, he is beginning to feel comfortable on the court playing within a very potent offensive machine. And, imo, he is now a part of the power within that offensive machine. Pangos is in complete control of the Zag ship, steering it wherever it needs to go. I have so thoroughly enjoyed watching him play this year. It's been pretty awesome. And the best IS yet to come.

Go Zags!!!
Oone game at a time!

seacatfan
01-27-2015, 07:40 PM
I agree. I didn't expect a nail biter against St. Mary's, like some were predicting, and I expect GU to beat UP comfortably in the Kennel.

zag67
01-27-2015, 07:59 PM
I also agree. I think that Few will play the top 9 together longer to be ready for Memphis. Win by 24.

DADoZAG
01-27-2015, 08:04 PM
I also agree. I think that Few will play the top 9 together longer to be ready for Memphis. Win by 24.

Respect Reveno & Bailey, but yeah...

Go ZAGS!

Zag_Dad
01-27-2015, 08:14 PM
Gonzaga 87
Portland 61

I believe that Gonzaga is going to make a statement against Portland tomorrow night in the K2. The road game @Portland was a tough game, and Gonzaga is Now going to show how much they are improving. They also need a good game to get keyed up for Memphis on Saturday. I thought Portland would be better this year, and I am not really sure why they are not. They definitely lost some games that I felt they'd win. Like a few games recently this is a NO CONTEST game. The Zags are ready, and will stay ready. There will be no let down, imo. Say what you want, those of you who doubt. The Zags don't care. They focused on something that is way more important then what the press and analysts believe say and/or believe. Who really cares about whether they're lambs or wolves. They don't have to pull your heart out to defeat them. They wear you down slowly with precision passing, like the San Antonio team last year did, and with unselfish teamwork, again like San Antonio.

I'm hoping to see Gary Bell continue to hit those 3's and continue attacking the basket with authority. I do admit that i like seeing Melson hits shots, especially behind the 3 pt line. I remember taking a lot of flack for defending my son and A friend who told me how good Melson is. After a slow start because he was not even expecting to play this, he is beginning to feel comfortable on the court playing within a very potent offensive machine. And, imo, he is now a part of the power within that offensive machine. Pangos is in complete control of the Zag ship, steering it wherever it needs to go. I have so thoroughly enjoyed watching him play this year. It's been pretty awesome. And the best IS yet to come.

Go Zags!!!
Oone game at a time!

Heard a rumor that Sabonis' siblings will be in town to see him play. Hoping he puts on a good show for them.

GO ZAGS!

Zippyzaggy
01-27-2015, 09:54 PM
Hope they are not looking past Portland towards Memphis. It'd be easier to get up for a game with Memphis than Portland. Seems like I remember an instance earlier this season where they struggled a bit the game before THE game. A game we all thought they'd win easily. It happens. Not saying they'd lose, but it might be closer than we'd all like. Even still, I like Zags by 15ish.

Zagger
01-28-2015, 01:50 AM
Zags continue to work on tough D - if effective, the Pilots leave town with less than 60 points. Zag fire power in K2 yields 80+. Zags 85, Pilots 55.
Http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/gozagstinysignguyglassescolor.png

LongIslandZagFan
01-28-2015, 03:48 AM
Boat Drivers 128
Zags 40

rennis
01-28-2015, 06:23 AM
Portland gave GU a heck of a game in Chiles, and was without a very important player. I don't think this game will be a blowout, but I know they can't stop GU from scoring either. Probably keep it close for most of the game (after clawing back into a tie in the first half) but GU pulls away down the stretch.

GU 82
UP 70

Reborn
01-28-2015, 06:33 AM
Hope they are not looking past Portland towards Memphis. It'd be easier to get up for a game with Memphis than Portland. Seems like I remember an instance earlier this season where they struggled a bit the game before THE game. A game we all thought they'd win easily. It happens. Not saying they'd lose, but it might be closer than we'd all like. Even still, I like Zags by 15ish.

Zags will not overlook Portland. Not this year, and not at home. The game with Portland has ALWAYS been a big game on GU's schedule because they are the one school in our conference whose campus is pretty close to ours. If the Zags beat 'em by 25+ they will enjoy it. And the Memphis game will be fun to see because who Memphis has been, but they are not quite where they once were this year.

Go Zags!!!
Once game at a time.

Kiddwell
01-28-2015, 07:25 AM
Thanks for Visitin'!, a poem
<ahem>
Bruises are red,
Eric Reveno's crew,
Beat Portland's Pilots,
Beat 'em straight through.
Hit 'em in the belly,
Kick 'em in the butt,
Pound 'em till they're jelly,
Make their fans cry, "Nuts!"
Make 'em think 'bout next year,
When the feud's renewed,
Make 'em hope and drink beer,
(Pipe dreams black-'n'-blue).

-------
Love ya, Zags - 88
Love ya, Pilots - 62

:]

hooter73
01-28-2015, 07:59 AM
Portland has one last round in them. Dont know if that will be here in the Kennel or in Vegas, but theyre going to put up a fight at some point. Im hoping for winning play... and then lots of rest for Bell and Pangos. That means we've handled the game early and are in the continual pursuit of getting our bench guys more and more game experience.

TheGonzagaFactor
01-28-2015, 09:35 AM
Gonzaga 87
Portland 61

Go Zags!!!
Oone game at a time!

We seem to have this feeling all the time and they disappoint. It's Reveno. I said it last year when they beat us in Portland: "If Reveno was a good coach, he would have them fired up like that every game and they would be top 3 in the WCC every year." Reveno is a terrible coach. He actually gets good talent and just look at his record (110-150 or something pathetic like that). Hasn't even made it to the NIT. What a joke.

TheGonzagaFactor
01-28-2015, 09:38 AM
I think we run them early and go on cruise control. We go up by 15-20 in the first 15 minutes, Portland goes on a couple runs to get back within 9-12 points, and we win by 20ish. There will be a Melson dunk in the half court offense that makes the SC top 5.

Zags 88
JAG 64

DixieZag
01-28-2015, 10:03 AM
Zags 90
Not Zags 66

Funny story, through family, we have tickets to the game. I was telling my seven year old daughter that this would be a special Zag game b/c on of the players is going to set a record with one shot.

The response from a little girl who has been to several blow outs this year: (and I'm not embellishing): "And we'll all get tacos?"

Yes! Zinnnggg! That's my little Zag! When Pangos hits the record, the "10 3s in a game = free tacos should go out the window. It should be one "3" and it's tacos for everyone!

gonzagafan62
01-28-2015, 10:36 AM
Gonzaga 87
Portland 62

This is going to be a baaaaaaaaad day for Portland. The crowd will be absolutely crazy all game long. And even more fired up after the Pangos three. Its Gonzaga's day.

MTZag03
01-28-2015, 10:40 AM
Zags 90
Not Zags 66

Funny story, through family, we have tickets to the game. I was telling my seven year old daughter that this would be a special Zag game b/c on of the players is going to set a record with one shot.

The response from a little girl who has been to several blow outs this year: (and I'm not embellishing): "And we'll all get tacos?"

Yes! Zinnnggg! That's my little Zag! When Pangos hits the record, the "10 3s in a game = free tacos should go out the window. It should be one "3" and it's tacos for everyone!

Yes! This is awesome! I will get tacos ready tomorrow night to celebrate as well.

77Zag
01-28-2015, 10:47 AM
Zags 82
Pilots 57

I will be there and ready for action

Go Zags - Beat Down the Pilots!!

gonzagafan62
01-29-2015, 05:50 AM
Its gameday! I am pumped to see Kevin break the 3 point record at GU. I am so happy for him, and if anyone deserves it, its Kevin. And it deserves to be in the Kennel where our die hard fans are ready to explode. Go get 'em Zags! This game tonight is special. You don't get to see stuff like this everyday! Go Zags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reborn
01-29-2015, 05:55 AM
It's Game Day! And I'm excited. Smiling.....I love how I feel on game day. Thank you Zags for your greatness because it is your greatness that makes me so happy and proud. Heck Yeah!!! I'm proud to be a Zag. I'll be teaching 4th grade today and I'll wear my Zag gear. My new navy blue sweatshirt with red Gonzaga letters and a red bulldog. Oh Yeah! The sweatshirt has a nice hoody (red on the inside of hoody) and it zips up. I call it my zippy Zag. ahahah. I also got the really cool Gonzaga sweat pants, and I'll wear them also. I love the school I am working at today because they (the staff) love athletics. Anyway....I have ALWAYS looked forward to seeing the GU vs Portland game. Maybe because I once lived in Portland (in the 4th grade) and I'm sentimental that way. I also have good memories of playing there. Gonzaga was in the Big Sky conference when I played there and so was Portland. I must be getting older. I'm sure an reminiscing this morning. hahahahaha

I'm looking forward to seeing some more of those 3's falling. I really like our Ninja shooters: Pangos, Bell, Wlltjer, Melson, Dranginis, and even Wesley at times. I also look forward to our three post players dominate inside, and I especially love to watch Mt Karnowski dominate in the paint. Love his game this year. And Wiltjer is smooth as silk inside, and Sabonis is like a Jaguar attacking the inside. And I am also looking forward to see how much our defense is improving. Finally, I can watch a good defensive team. All in all, i'm good to have a real good day, and then really enjoy a nice win over Portland.

Go Zags!!!
One game at a time!

Zags11
01-29-2015, 06:45 AM
Zags 81
pilots 65

karno with 17, pangos 17.

Stepps record falls 31 seconds in.

Hoopaholic
01-29-2015, 07:07 AM
Zags 81
pilots 65

karno with 17, pangos 17.

Stepps record falls 31 seconds in.

I agree but going to go just under your prediction

Zags 79
Pilots 65

RenoZag
01-29-2015, 07:28 AM
Zags are -22.

Don't think they cover.

ZAGS: 82
PILOTS: 67

Get the "W", stay healthy, get the second line players some meaningful minutes.

bigblahla
01-29-2015, 12:56 PM
Zags win.....

Go!! Zags!!!

Zippyzaggy
01-29-2015, 01:06 PM
Game Preview up over here- http://www.zagaholic.com/2015/01/preview-gonzaga-vs-portland-in-kennel.html

Can't wait to see Kevin set the record & lucky enough to see it in person... Zags by 24+!