PDA

View Full Version : Recruit at game

Fonebone
01-24-2015, 06:55 PM
It looked like there was a recruit at the game tonight in the usual spot by our bench. Big kid, looked like he was with his mom and dad. Does anyone have any info ?

thespywhozaggedme
01-24-2015, 08:52 PM
bump

ZagaZags
01-25-2015, 01:21 AM
It looked like there was a recruit at the game tonight in the usual spot by our bench. Big kid, looked like he was with his mom and dad. Does anyone have any info ?

Define big.

willandi
01-25-2015, 07:22 AM
Define big.

Can't get on a ride at the County Fair because of he's too short, finds a magic machine that makes him into a grown up.
Gets a job at a toy company, quickly moves to management, meets a pretty girl and has an affair, but misses his mom and best friend.
Finds the same magic machine, becomes a kid again and goes home.

BobZag
01-25-2015, 08:41 AM
Can't get on a ride at the County Fair because of he's too short, finds a magic machine that makes him into a grown up.
Gets a job at a toy company, quickly moves to management, meets a pretty girl and has an affair, but misses his mom and best friend.

First name is Tom.

Ekrub
01-25-2015, 08:45 AM
First name is Tom.

And large floor pianos.

Marcus
01-25-2015, 09:06 AM
Not sure who that recruit was but according to Twitter, Nolan Narian and Sam Cunliffe will be making official visits for the Memphis game. Hope the Zags and Kennel Club put on their best performance.

Quick bit about Nolan

http://northpolehoops.com/2015/01/25/nolan-narain-sets-first-official-visit-to-gonzaga/#.VMUzIt076K0

hooter73
01-25-2015, 09:42 AM
Heres hoping the KC can get some chants worked up just for them. I remember when Bell was here for his visit and he was really blown away by that.

thespywhozaggedme
01-25-2015, 09:51 AM
Define big, don't describe it. lol

Fonebone
01-25-2015, 11:28 AM
I was quite a ways away, but to venture a guess, at least 6'5".

Marcus
01-25-2015, 02:37 PM
What would be really great is if Kelly could make it to Spokane for the Memphis weekend. He is injured with an ankle sprain and not expected to play for 3 weeks. He's not currently on the road with the team. I'm sure he would have some great things to add about the Gonzaga experience for bigs. Here's to wishing...

DixieZag
01-25-2015, 03:28 PM
Not sure who that recruit was but according to Twitter, Nolan Narian and Sam Cunliffe will be making official visits for the Memphis game. Hope the Zags and Kennel Club put on their best performance.

Quick bit about Nolan

http://northpolehoops.com/2015/01/25/nolan-narain-sets-first-official-visit-to-gonzaga/#.VMUzIt076K0

Whoa. I am to understand, from my reading here, that those are two high level recruits. Hopefully everything is clicking that day. KC? Get some chants going asking them to sign on - you can do it. I will order up the weather. something along the lines of today, 57, sunny, no wind. Just like Paris.

thespywhozaggedme
01-25-2015, 05:43 PM
Plus him and Nolan are both Canadian.
What would be really great is if Kelly could make it to Spokane for the Memphis weekend. He is injured with an ankle sprain and not expected to play for 3 weeks. He's not currently on the road with the team. I'm sure he would have some great things to add about the Gonzaga experience for bigs. Here's to wishing...

Bkzag
01-25-2015, 05:47 PM
Whoa. I am to understand, from my reading here, that those are two high level recruits. Hopefully everything is clicking that day. KC? Get some chants going asking them to sign on - you can do it. I will order up the weather. something along the lines of today, 57, sunny, no wind. Just like Paris.

I'll be more than happy to bring tacos and Kool Aid. Just don't know what flavor of Kool Aid nor the hot sauce for the tacos...

Marcus
01-25-2015, 05:47 PM
Plus him and Nolan are both Canadian.

Even more of a reason for Kelly to come haha.

BTB
01-25-2015, 06:43 PM

I may be the only one, but I actually don't like when schools chant towards visiting recruits. Seems weird and desperate to me, I remember when BYU chanted for Jabari Parker and thinking how creepy it was. I'm much more a fan of our crowd just bringing our absolute A game and impressing them that way - make them love the atmosphere.

Birddog
01-25-2015, 06:56 PM
I may be the only one, but I actually don't like when schools chant towards visiting recruits. Seems weird and desperate to me, I remember when BYU chanted for Jabari Parker and thinking how creepy it was. I'm much more a fan of our crowd just bringing our absolute A game and impressing them that way - make them love the atmosphere.

This!

thespywhozaggedme
01-26-2015, 08:02 AM

i was gonna say, yes, yes, you are, but apparently Birddog agrees with you. I have the exact opposite take, but reasonable folks can disagree.

Big Bulldog
01-26-2015, 08:57 AM
i was gonna say, yes, yes, you are, but apparently Birddog agrees with you. I have the exact opposite take, but reasonable folks can disagree.

I agree, the KC has to show these top recruits big love. The other schools they visit certainly will, so we don't want to leave them guessing.

Marcus
01-26-2015, 09:05 AM

As an adult, I can see your point. Once you reach a certain age things like that may seem silly or insignificant but remember, these guys are teenagers. What teenager in highschool wouldn't want a huge group of rabid fans focusing some attention on them? I would say it would make a huge impression in that type of atmosphere.

cjm720
01-26-2015, 09:18 AM
As an adult, I can see your point. Once you reach a certain age things like that may seem silly or insignificant but remember, these guys are teenagers. What teenager in highschool wouldn't want a huge group of rabid fans focusing some attention on them? I would say it would make a huge impression in that type of atmosphere.

Great point...it's easy to look at this from our perspective, but it's about the recruit.

Kiddwell
01-26-2015, 09:40 AM
So, do we know who this young man is? :drool:

:]

kitzbuel
01-26-2015, 09:47 AM
Even more of a reason for Kelly to come haha.

No joke. There is a ton of value in Kelly and Rob Sacre chatting with him about how GU helped get them into the NBA. Maybe Ronny is rehabing in Spokane.