PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs Pacific post game thread

Reborn
01-24-2015, 06:42 PM
Gonzaga 91 Pacific 60. Once again Gonzaga's subs continue to let our opponent's score at will. My prediction was GU 91 Pacific 54; so I got Gonzaga's correct. I did predict that Gonzaga would at least 12 three's. I was also close on that one. I really enjoyed the guards making all of them 3's. This team is so talented. Wilter only gets six points, but the Zags score 91. Zags had five guys in double figures tonight as they continue to play unselfish basketball. Two of the five players were off the bench, and Pangos and Dranginis both had 9. So that was almost 7 players in double figures.

I hear all this talk about how Kentucky is such an unselfish team, and they are. But I guarantee you that there is no team more unselfish then Gonzaga University. I do know one thing for sure, Gonzaga can score more points then Kentucky with our nine unselfish players. Now I've got to assume that Kentucky is better on defense then we are. But we can score a lot more then they can. I believe Gonzaga is gaining on Kentucky. And I think we will be ready for them come March. Or will it be April. Oh and by the way, Gonzaga's defense is getting better every game. Yes! Pacific scored 60 points but I guarantee you that GU could have held them to 40 if we played our 9 best for the entire game, like Kentucky and Virginia. I'm not saying we're as great defensively as those two teams. I'm just saying that we are good. Better then most know. i BELIEVE that that is going to be the big surprise come March.

I enjoyed the game. Loved to see the outstanding 3 point shooting. So go ahead. Take a shot at me if you want for enjoying another game where we crush a team.

Go Zags!!!
One game at a time!

Zagger
01-25-2015, 05:14 AM
Continually impressed with Melson and now also McClellan. The passion Sabonis has for the game is great! What a team effort last night! This bunch with this depth and desire is going to go deep. Early in the season I thought Few might have some troubles with how substitutions were made / who was on the floor and when / with so many good players. Doesn't seem to be much of an issue :)

Zagceo
01-25-2015, 08:12 PM
http://youtu.be/pD7bo3-LeMY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DixieZag
01-25-2015, 09:32 PM
Gonzaga 91 Pacific 60. Once again Gonzaga's subs continue to let our opponent's score at will. My prediction was GU 91 Pacific 54; so I got Gonzaga's correct. I did predict that Gonzaga would at least 12 three's. I was also close on that one. I really enjoyed the guards making all of them 3's. This team is so talented. Wilter only gets six points, but the Zags score 91. Zags had five guys in double figures tonight as they continue to play unselfish basketball. Two of the five players were off the bench, and Pangos and Dranginis both had 9. So that was almost 7 players in double figures.

I hear all this talk about how Kentucky is such an unselfish team, and they are. But I guarantee you that there is no team more unselfish then Gonzaga University. I do know one thing for sure, Gonzaga can score more points then Kentucky with our nine unselfish players. Now I've got to assume that Kentucky is better on defense then we are. But we can score a lot more then they can. I believe Gonzaga is gaining on Kentucky. And I think we will be ready for them come March. Or will it be April. Oh and by the way, Gonzaga's defense is getting better every game. Yes! Pacific scored 60 points but I guarantee you that GU could have held them to 40 if we played our 9 best for the entire game, like Kentucky and Virginia. I'm not saying we're as great defensively as those two teams. I'm just saying that we are good. Better then most know. i BELIEVE that that is going to be the big surprise come March.

I enjoyed the game. Loved to see the outstanding 3 point shooting. So go ahead. Take a shot at me if you want for enjoying another game where we crush a team.

Go Zags!!!
One game at a time!

Not to be confrontational - I defer to our one known poster to wear the uniform - but it seems to me that scoring on guys that are 4 inches taller, 20 pounds heavier, much quicker and jumpier, is a little more difficult. It's also tough to defend guys that can just jump over the defender.

But, I do agree that we are far more skilled and have better cohesiveness. We'd have to be very "on" to beat Kentucky, but greater upsets have happened.

BTB
01-25-2015, 09:54 PM
Not to be confrontational - I defer to our one known poster to wear the uniform - but it seems to me that scoring on guys that are 4 inches taller, 20 pounds heavier, much quicker and jumpier, is a little more difficult. It's also tough to defend guys that can just jump over the defender.

But, I do agree that we are far more skilled and have better cohesiveness. We'd have to be very "on" to beat Kentucky, but greater upsets have happened.

+1. If we think Arizona (or Cal Poly) plays tough defense, wait until we play Kentucky.

rennis
01-26-2015, 07:02 AM
+1. If we think Arizona (or Cal Poly) plays tough defense, wait until we play Kentucky.

I would relish that opportunity

OTOH, I think there are some potential 3 and 4 seeds that could give Kentucky all they can handle this year. I don't think they're as much of a lock for the FF as a lot of people do. They have some very exploitable weaknesses.

gonzagafan62
01-26-2015, 07:41 AM

Yeah just being hypothetical here, but I see no way possible we are in their region, so if we would play them, it would be in the Final Four.

That means, I am partying all night long the couple days before that game. :)

rennis
01-26-2015, 08:54 AM
Yeah just being hypothetical here, but I see no way possible we are in their region, so if we would play them, it would be in the Final Four.

That means, I am partying all night long the couple days before that game. :)

Precisely.

Zagdawg
01-26-2015, 09:02 AM
If everything works out the way we would hope-- you will be partying even harder after the W also.

Reborn
01-26-2015, 05:48 PM
I believe there are teams that could play with Kentucky. We've already seen that. They have actually had closer games then GU has, and have had two in overtime, one in double overtime. Of course they can be beaten. I think a team like Iowa State could beat them. They play a style that I feel would give Kentucky fits. I think that on a good night that Duke could beat them, and Wisconsin too. I would like to see Iowa St in their region. And watch out for West Virginia. There is another team that plays a completely different style then Kentucky is used to seeing. And Statin is a very good point guard.

We must remember how important the point guard is in the NCAA tournament. And Kevin Pangos, is certainly one of the best this season. I love his game this year, far more then the others. He is playing the way he has always wanted to play. I know he has the mindset of making it to the Final, and winning it. I also believe that others also believe that. I think guys like Wesley, Wiltjer and McClelland came to GU to do just that. Bell is finally finding his shot, and if he keeps it going, he's going to be one more Zag who will be tough to stop in March. I like Pangos running the show vs every team we play. He's seen it all by now. I'm smiling DixieZag!!!

Go Zags!!!
ONe game at a time!