PDA

View Full Version : GUnit of the Game- Pacific - 1.24.2015

RenoZag
01-24-2015, 05:57 PM
20-1, 36 game home winning streak, 1st place in conference. . .what's not to like ?

As Greg Heister said, "this team is no ordinary pepperoni pizza". . .whatever the hell that means.

Which Zag made the greatest impression on you tonight, Zag Nation, and earns your GUnit of the Game ballot ?

GAME STATS LINK (http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=68835&a=1)

23dpg
01-24-2015, 06:06 PM
Other- team. Leading scorer had 13 points!

jpn17
01-24-2015, 06:08 PM
Vote goes to Bell for a fantastic night on both ends of the floor, but let's be honest here, the entire team was fantastic against Pacific. Great team effort!

Marcus
01-24-2015, 06:11 PM
Melson, a glimpse of what's to come regularly next year. Just awesome.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
01-24-2015, 06:14 PM
I also gave it to the Pangos goatee! Dixie & BobZ et al. working the magic!

thegloriousgoateeofKP
01-24-2015, 06:15 PM

+1 love the goatee :)

seacatfan
01-24-2015, 06:23 PM
I voted Karnowski, but easily could've voted for Bell. I knew somebody would vote for Melson. He had a good game obviously, but it was already a complete blowout before he hit his first bucket. You can't be the player of the game if you haven't made an impact before the game is effectively over.

gonzagafan62
01-24-2015, 06:23 PM
If pangos would have gotten that last three to go in after it rattled out I would have voted for him. Instead I take Melson.

Reborn
01-24-2015, 06:25 PM
Close for me between Bell and Melson. Both really shot the 3 ball nice tonight. Gary had 13 pts and Melson 12 so I gave it to Gary. I'm so happy to see that Gary is out of his slump. His 3's were beautiful. And of course so were Silas'. Glad to see that Silas proving me right about how good I believed he is. And he's just getting started. That young guy is so confident. Amazing.

DixieZag
01-24-2015, 06:32 PM

I cannot claim anything unless he reads this board, in which case, I can claim everything.

I saw his first, and hope to see the record Thurs.

Gary Bell for G-Unit. The man broke out completely from any talk of slump. Which is nice, we'll need him.

NotoriousZ
01-24-2015, 06:34 PM
Karnowski--he set the tone. Glad Bell's going to win it, can't argue with that choice.

Birddog
01-24-2015, 06:35 PM
BELL

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
01-24-2015, 06:48 PM
I cannot claim anything unless he reads this board, in which case, I can claim everything.

I saw his first, and hope to see the record Thurs.

Gary Bell for G-Unit. The man broke out completely from any talk of slump. Which is nice, we'll need him.

I wish I could be sitting next to you to see it. Have fun in good health. You deserve it...:) Best of health to everyone including poster Pargo The Destroyer. Night Jazz..Night KPangosxo!

Buenas Noches Dixie

Mantua
01-24-2015, 06:53 PM
Bell for his play and for making our guard play complete.

Marcus
01-24-2015, 07:04 PM
I voted Karnowski, but easily could've voted for Bell. I knew somebody would vote for Melson. He had a good game obviously, but it was already a complete blowout before he hit his first bucket. You can't be the player of the game if you haven't made an impact before the game is effectively over.

Well I did vote for Melson and I can vote for him for player of the game if I feel like it. ������

(Doesn't look like the smiles showed up, I'm saying this all in fun)

RenoZag
01-24-2015, 07:12 PM
You can't be the player of the game if you haven't made an impact before the game is effectively over.

Last time i checked, there aren't any rules, qualifications, codicils, amendments, stipulations, prerequisites, or standards established for GUnit voters.

This is supposed to be fun.

Your "harrumph" has been duly noted. . .

:cheers:

seacatfan
01-24-2015, 07:12 PM
Well I did vote for Melson and I can vote for him for player of the game if I feel like it. ������

(Doesn't look like the smiles showed up, I'm saying this all in fun)

It is all in fun, anybody can vote for whoever they want to. It's been hard to pick who to vote for often this year because of the balanced scoring the Zags get most games. I'm not even convinced Melson was the best player off the bench tonight, Sabonis and Dranginis could both make a case for that as well.

RenoZag
01-24-2015, 07:15 PM
It is all in fun, anybody can vote for whoever they want to. It's been hard to pick who to vote for often this year because of the balanced scoring the Zags get most games. I'm not even convinced Melson was the best player off the bench tonight, Sabonis and Dranginis could both make a case for that as well.

Dranginis had another nice stat-sheet filler. He's a pretty good "glue guy," seacat

seacatfan
01-24-2015, 07:17 PM
Dranginis had another nice stat-sheet filler. He's a pretty good "glue guy," seacat

He definitely did some stat sheet stuffing, and almost hit double figure scoring tonight.

ZagaZags
01-24-2015, 07:17 PM
I went with Bell. Glad to see him shooting well again.

Marcus
01-24-2015, 07:19 PM

Ya, I found this game especially hard to vote given the balanced min and play. I would've voted Kev if he broke the record. Sabonis is an absolute beast. He goes flying after every rebound. In the end I just am really excited to see Melson get going. ThiS team is in such great hands for the future.

seacatfan
01-24-2015, 07:23 PM
I'm excited to see what Melson is bringing to the team recently as well. He needed several games to get comfortable but he's really been shooting the ball well. Had a really nice drive and dish to Karno tonight.

hooter73
01-24-2015, 07:41 PM
Bell for lack of options.

RenoZag
01-24-2015, 08:14 PM
Bell for lack of options.

???

webspinnre
01-24-2015, 08:21 PM
Last time i checked, there aren't any rules, qualifications, codicils, amendments, stipulations, prerequisites, or standards established for GUnit voters.

This is supposed to be fun.

Your "harrumph" has been duly noted. . .

:cheers:

Indeed, this is the GUnit of the game, not necessarily player of the game. Speaking of which, I've been debating, and maybe this needs its own poll. Do people pronounce it Gee-Unit, or Gyunit? :p

RenoZag
01-24-2015, 08:23 PM
You mean it's not "Goo-Knit" ?

I'm so embarassed. . . (wink, wink )

webspinnre
01-24-2015, 09:24 PM

I'm so embarassed. . .

Good point, the poll needs a third option. I think this calls for the FOO!

edit:

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?52327-How-do-YOU-pronounce-GUnit

DixieZag
01-24-2015, 09:56 PM

I'm so embarassed. . .

More like a "Gah-eweknit

I'm more embarrassed than you.

Zagger
01-25-2015, 04:50 AM
Great to see Gary both in good shape and in good form. He looks to be having a good time as well. This team just keeps getting better!
http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/bell.png

RenoZag
01-25-2015, 05:58 AM
However it is pronounced, we have had had a chance to choose TWENTY of them so far this year. I hope we get get to vote 16 or 17 more times . . .

kitzbuel
01-25-2015, 08:37 AM
Went with Karno. His consistent play making and passing make him a good go to vote for just about every game.