PDA

View Full Version : GUnit of the Game: LMU - 1.17.2015

RenoZag
01-17-2015, 02:00 PM
Zags make it a SoCal road sweep with a matinee win over the overmatched Lions of Loyola Marymount. The free throw demon from Thursday night appears to have been beaten into submission (12/16).

Zags fly home with a 7-0 WCC record, 18 - 1, overall. Very successful business trip.

Which player gets your vote as the Player of the Game ?

FINAL STATS (http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=68923&a=1)

Ekrub
01-17-2015, 02:02 PM
Going with Wesley.

Zagnailler
01-17-2015, 02:04 PM
What a pleasure to see Gary Bell Jr shine offensively. Along with his usual stout D he's the POG for me.

Hoopaholic
01-17-2015, 02:07 PM
bell...attacked rim, hit his jumpers and held payne to 9 points

seacatfan
01-17-2015, 02:08 PM
Almost have to do 1st half GUnit and 2nd half GUnit. All Wesley and Wiltjer in the first, then they completely disappeared. Mostly Pangos and Bell in the 2nd, with some Sabonis sprinkled in. I don't even know who to pick, so I think I'll abstain.

kitzbuel
01-17-2015, 02:09 PM
Going with GBJ. Good to see him get some confidence.

RenoZag
01-17-2015, 02:11 PM
Kevin Pangos: 16 points, 3 rebounds, 6 Assists, 1 TO, 2 steals.

Gary Bell, Jr.: 17 points, 1 rebound, 2 TO's

Great to see GBJ get his offense humming after a prolonged drought but I gotta go with Pangos. As goes Pangos, so go the Zags.

On a side note: The Zags 18 game streak of outrebounding the opposition came to an end today; it hardly mattered on the scoreboard, but LMU snagged 38 boards to Gonzaga's 33.

maynard g krebs
01-17-2015, 02:13 PM
So happy to see Gary have a good game. He needs to be a scoring threat for the team to have success in March. He's given up so much of himself for team success; it's hard to get in a shooting rhythm when you're the last option on offense.

ZagLawGrad
01-17-2015, 02:14 PM
Been down on Bell. But he was tough out there today. Hope this is a good sign for him going forward. Giving him the nod for GUnit.

Mantua
01-17-2015, 02:19 PM
bell...attacked rim, hit his jumpers and held payne to 9 points

Rain or shine, I love Gary Bell!

bballbeachbum
01-17-2015, 02:34 PM
Mike Dunlap. he appeared to dare the Zags senior guards to step up on the road and beat him, and to both of those seniors' credit, they did just that

Hoopaholic
01-17-2015, 02:38 PM
Mike Dunlap. he appeared to dare the Zags senior guards to step up on the road and beat him, and to both of those seniors' credit, they did just that

classic and accurate

Robzagnut
01-17-2015, 02:46 PM
Bell - nice to see him get out of his slump. Just in time for SMC. Didn't like his foul on the 3 pointer though.

Not sure why Pangos is missing free throws...

Zagger
01-17-2015, 02:53 PM
.......Not sure why Pangos is missing free throws...
The hair! :)

Zagger
01-17-2015, 02:55 PM
VERY NICE to see the Seniors as the top basket finders in this game. Can't wait for the SMC game! The Kennel is going to be WILD!

seacatfan
01-17-2015, 03:10 PM
VERY NICE to see the Seniors as the top basket finders in this game. Can't wait for the SMC game! The Kennel is going to be WILD!

They were 2-9 from 3 point range in the 1st half, 5-5 in the second I believe.

zag buddy
01-17-2015, 03:25 PM
I gave it to Kyle W because he could have scored 20+ easily ( think adam Morrison) but he chose to play within the system unselfishly and gave it his total effort.

TacomaZAG
01-17-2015, 04:45 PM
Welcome back GBJ............

Glad to see him come out of his shooting slump, the team is going to need his scoring in the Tourney.

Go ZAGS

gonzagafan62
01-17-2015, 04:45 PM
Pangos

gozagswoohoo
01-17-2015, 05:48 PM
I was REALLY worrying about GBJ at the beginning of the game. IIRC, he started like 0-4 or maybe 1-5 or something, and then he had a bad foul and turnover. I was thinking...sheesh....he is SO much better than this!! Then BAM. He goes off. Love it.

That being said, I HAD to go with Pangos for just being absolutely heartless!!! BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE. He just sucked the wind out of that gym with his huge three's, but the real reason I voted for him was for him jumping one of the all-time great zags to finish the game #2 all time in career three's. We have had some incredible 3 pt shooters at Gonzaga, so to be at #2....incredible. And we have lots of games left to play!! Go Zags.

CdAZagFan
01-17-2015, 07:49 PM
Welcome back GBJ............

Glad to see him come out of his shooting slump, the team is going to need his scoring in the Tourney.

Go ZAGS

My thoughts exactly...

LongIslandZagFan
01-17-2015, 07:55 PM
Love Kevin... and ESPN seems to have a crush on him... but went with GBJ... he just flat out played well today... deserves the props.

I honestly wonder if they pay attention to the GUnits... part of me says they do... We all know Mark doesn't but you gotta think it filters back to them.

Reborn
01-17-2015, 09:26 PM
Kenin Pangos....As usual he steadied the ship in the second half when LMU was making their run with his 3 point shooting. Kevin closed the door on them. And then Gary Bell began to turn it on. He was the that took the steering wheel and put his foot on the gas pedal and away they went. Nice to see those play so well at the same time finally.

Marcus
01-18-2015, 08:31 AM
I went with Pangos. He has really hit some big shots on the road when they needed them the most.

Shout out to GB too. Slow start but awesome to see him break out of his slump. He seems to be able to get to the rim with ease. I'm not sure why he doesn't try to get there more often.

bballbeachbum
01-18-2015, 10:33 AM
classic and accurate

ha! looked that way, just watched some of it again. kind of a gutsy/crazy move (desperate/hopeless?), but shows a bit of Dunlap's approach maybe? GBj's shot had been off and KP on the road can be a different player sometimes and LMU couldn't matchup inside, so Dunlap dared them on the perimeter and committed to the paint but still LMU came up snake eyes. it was a play the Zags haven't maybe seen in a while, leaving KP open that is. I'd bet Few would take that any game

gozagswoohoo
01-19-2015, 06:35 AM
I honestly wonder if they pay attention to the GUnits... part of me says they do... We all know Mark doesn't but you gotta think it filters back to them.

I've wondered about that a number of times. You KNOW how those guys are with social media....and we KNOW former players and their families have posted here so they are obviously aware the site exists.... So tell me that as much as the guys are on their phones/iPads or whatever posting to FB and Instagram, that they're not hopping over here to see what the fans are saying about them...

I know I would....

PS- Hi Kevin. You are my favorite player.