• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • azzagfan
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Apr 2007

Importance of Rebounding and Rebounding Margin

Looking over the statistics for the Zags for the last six seasons, I came across an interesting statistic, rebound margin. The Zags have historically been known as a very strong rebounding team, but Ammo's last year and last year, I didn't feel that the teams were as committed to winning the battle of the boards as in years past. How important do you all feel it is to regaining the dominant edge on the glass and how well will the 07-08 group of Zags commit to this important aspect of the game?

06-07: +3.9 reb margin/gm
    05-06: +3.6 reb margin/gm
    04-05: +8 reb margin/gm
    03-04: +8.1 reb margin/gm
    02-03: +5.9 reb margin/gm
    01-02: +8.7 reb margin/gm
  • tyra
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

sky is the limit

I think this team has the chops to dominate the boards and to do it in a variety of ways. Pendo (not that tall but VERY high bbal IQ and sneaky as well) and Matt ("Where did he come from?") Bouldin are the "short" guys around the rim. The rest of the crew has height or strength. How fat a rebound advantage we enjoy this year I think has to do with which game Josh brings. The sky is the limit.

Comment

• lothar98zag
      PostPadder General
      • Feb 2007

00-01: +5.1 reb margin/gm (sw 16)
      99-00: +2.5 reb margin/gm (sw 16)
      98-99: +3.6 reb margin/gm (elite 8)

I'd like to see it back up to around +8.0 like it was a few years ago, but if the team can make the Elite 8 w/ just +3.6, I'm fine with that...
      youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• mendiant
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Yes, and per another post, Coach Few is very excited about this year's team.

TEAM

I believe that Josh and Theo have made progress that we have NO CLUE regarding the depth thereof...this is my hope.

The Men on the team have found a regard for the action of forgiveness that is fortunate among men of this age...this is my hope.

The road will be tough, The Men will survive and rally...this is my hope.

Pendo will forgive and mentor...as a leader should...He is a leader.

Josh and Theo will DESIRE to prove themselves as team players and be MOST WILLING PARTICIPANTS IN THE LORE THAT IS ZAG.

The fanbase that is true ZAG will support our team...

and wreck any player that is screwing this up!!!

SECOND CHANCES ARE PRICELESS!!

NBA waits, but at what cost???

GO ZAGS!!!
        A Zag is generous.

A Zag knows he is much more than the sum of his stats.

A Zag has a desire to be part of something that is bigger than himself.

Comment

• BobZag
          Dark Lord of the Zag
          • Jan 2007

When Michigan State wore down Gonzaga's frontcourt in the 2001 Sweet Sixteen game, Few & Co. made a commitment to rebounding and dominating the boards, a lesson learned from Tom Izzo. But it looks like that commitment has subsided and that 2001 lesson has faded. We all will see if this is true, or not, because there are rebounders galore on this team.
          The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
            Bleeds Bulldog Blue
            • Feb 2007

I don't know if its commitment or bodies. We've been pretty skinny upfront the past couple years. Those numbers are reminders of what forces Cory and Ronny were in the paint.
            You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• deathchina
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Mar 2007

Mallon graduating will help us in the rebounding department.

Comment

Working...
              X