PDA

View Full Version : NCAA.com: "The Rebirth of Kyle Wiltjer"

ZagNative
01-16-2015, 10:22 AM
Fantastic stuff here about Kyle and Gonzaga's program in 3 videos. (http://www.ncaa.com/rebirth-kyle-wiltjer)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Fu-3Iab6zlo/VLlksTU1PuI/AAAAAAAB6Gs/wSZ1DSYJ1iI/s720/2015-01-16%2520Kyle%2520Wiltjer.jpg

SWZag
01-16-2015, 10:34 AM
Outstanding group of videos. Knight is an oft forgotten gem of the program!

Between Kyle and Kelly, there's more than enough examples of GU's ability to transform players.

Thanks for sharing!!!

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
01-16-2015, 10:41 AM
The first part was a great piece. Incorporating yoga into the redshirt year was quite frankly a thing a genius by Knight. Now Kyle can reap all of the mental and physical benefits of one of the greatest practices in the world. It is also invaluable to have a guy who experienced basketball's Promised Land AKA the Final4 & National Championship. Instilling this DNA into the Gonzaga program at a time when we are primed to make the greatest run in the history of our program should leave the die hard fan breathless and in their target heart rate by just watching the first vid. :)

zag buddy
01-16-2015, 10:48 AM
Kyle has certainly gained my admiration for the amount of effort it took him to accomplish these improvements in his game. I believe outsiders see his total game more objectively that some folkes here do. His under the basket skills both offensively and defensively are very good. He gets a lot of unwarranted criticism here for his defense which after watching him on replays of the game he has played very good defense. Oh sure he will miss an occasional play but by and large his defense is quite good.

FuManShoes
01-16-2015, 10:50 AM
Great find. Thanks for posting!

ZagNative
01-16-2015, 10:52 AM
I'm just amazed by the great publicity the first two videos especially give to the Gonzaga program. Hard to believe Gonzaga wouldn't be the first choice for future transfers from other programs who haven't offered the same level of elevation in players' games.

MDABE80
01-16-2015, 11:16 AM
Good point ZN. I think that'll work. We'll need some talented transfers we can train into something special. Well, here's the place; Gonzaga

hooter73
01-16-2015, 11:20 AM
Not just transfers but any recruit that has an actual desire to honestly look at themselves as they are and go to a level that they dont know is even out their for them.

Another summer of improvement and the 5th year senior Kyle Wiltjer is going to be incredible.

Ekrub
01-16-2015, 11:30 AM
Few doesn't like his trick shot haha

Ezag
01-16-2015, 12:42 PM
Great videos. Travis Knight is one cool, dedicated dude and a genuinely nice guy....I miss playing lunchtime pickup ball with and against him. He himself is competitive and a decent B-ball player himself.

Zagger
01-16-2015, 01:09 PM
Darn good PR for GU. Makes me wonder how much of a change there will be in Edwards next season.

Vanzagger
01-16-2015, 02:01 PM
I have been noticing some high level passing from Kyle. This whole team is unselfish. Everyone of them can stick the dagger too.

zag buddy
01-16-2015, 02:20 PM
another travis N video
http://www.ncaa.com/video/basketball-men/2015-01-16/gonzaga-bulldogs-mens-basketball-red-shirt-year-philosophy