PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs Loyola Marymount...predictions and other thoughts

Reborn
01-16-2015, 06:25 AM
Even though I am sitting around this morning really appreciating the victory last night, I still need to get this thread going for the game tomorrow. I know so very little so the prediction is going to be tougher. They beat Portland last night, and that surprised me a lot. Let the loss by Portland to LMU be a good reminder to the Zags that Road Games are not easy in conference play. And they better be more mentally ready then they were last night. And I expect them to be. I think the Zags learned a lot from the game last night so we should see a better game from them. I'm going to go with

Gonzaga 80
LMU 54

Go Zags!!!
One game at a time!

gonzagafan62
01-16-2015, 06:30 AM
Thanks reborn. I expect this game to be more on top of our game. LMU is not a great team, but as you said this is a road game. We have to get it going early and often, and I believe we will

Gonzaga 79
Loyola Marymount 64

Reborn
01-16-2015, 06:39 AM
Thanks reborn. I expect this game to be more on top of our game. LMU is not a great team, but as you said this is a road game. We have to get it going early and often, and I believe we will

Gonzaga 79
Loyola Marymount 64

Hey! Congrats on your prediction on the Pepperdine game. Your gettting better and better on your predictions. Did you get a new crystal ball? I was thinking about a 15 point spread myself, but in the end I think GU will play better then they did last night.

Go Zags!!!

gonzagafan62
01-16-2015, 06:45 AM
Hey! Congrats on your prediction on the Pepperdine game. Your gettting better and better on your predictions. Did you get a new crystal ball? I was thinking about a 15 point spread myself, but in the end I think GU will play better then they did last night.

Go Zags!!!

Haha. I wish Reborn.

Anyway, thanks for the compliment. I knew it was going to be a VERY close game. It seemed like one of those games, where you knew Pepperdine was a great team. My wife asked me my final on the score, and asked where Pepperdine was ranked ... I told her #168 (RPI) and she's like, really? You think it will be that close playing #168? I said yup, its going to be one of those games.

Anyway, about LMU Game: Its an earlier game than usual. I expect us to come out guns blazing. Then cool off at the end. LMU is such a weird dynamic. One day they get crushed, and then they come back and beat a pretty solid Portland team. I am thinking it will be somewhere in the middle this time. A comfy win for GU, but at the same time, we will see the roar of LMU.

Zagger
01-16-2015, 06:53 AM
Zags 90, Scaredy Cats 55
http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/beatlmu.png
The Bulldogs will shoot better at the line and make more 3s (not a stretch considering last night). Bell will have a better game. Let's see, how many other easy predictions can one surmize .... Mt. K and Kevin will be amongst the high scoring Zags and I won't sheet me pants!
http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/gozagstinysignguyglassescolor.png

Reborn
01-16-2015, 06:57 AM
Zags 90, Scaredy Cats 55
http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/beatlmu.png
The Bulldogs will shoot better at the line and make more 3s (not a stretch considering last night). Bell will have a better game. Let's see, how many other easy predictions can one surmize .... Mt. K and Kevin will be amongst the high scoring Zags and I won't sheet me pants!
http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/gozagstinysignguyglassescolor.png

Great cartoon...made me laugh. Thanks.

Zagger
01-16-2015, 07:09 AM
Great cartoon...made me laugh. Thanks.
I little bit of cut and paste (+ a heavy dose of copyright infringement) goes a long way - you're welcome :)

LongIslandZagFan
01-16-2015, 08:19 AM
The Circle of Lifers 138
Big Dogs 40

Zags11
01-17-2015, 06:40 AM
I will sadly be at work with no way to listen to the game.

Zags 84
lions 66

pangos with 23.

RenoZag
01-17-2015, 06:58 AM
Bulldogs - 82
Lions - 65

Zags are -19.5; don't think they cover. . . get the win, stay healthy, and call it a successful business trip.

ZagHouse
01-17-2015, 07:08 AM
I will sadly be at work with no way to listen to the game.

Zags 84
lions 66

pangos with 23.

I'll listen to the game for you ;)

Gonzdb8
01-17-2015, 07:59 AM
I knew it was going to be a VERY close game. It seemed like one of those games, where you knew Pepperdine was a great team. My wife asked me my final on the score, and asked where Pepperdine was ranked ... I told her #168 (RPI) and she's like, really? You think it will be that close playing #168? I said yup, its going to be one of those games.

very impressive that you accurately predicted we would shoot 40% from the stripe thereby winning by 2 instead of 17. pepperdine is definitely known for their strong ft defense.

SteelZag
01-17-2015, 08:07 AM
Zags get back on track defensively and offense continues to roll.

Zags 87.
LMU 58.

Melson gets 17 minutes and scores 12 pts.

Anybody notice that after a slow start, Melson has brought his shooting percentages up to 51% from the field and 39% from three. He's becoming a player that may me difficult to keep off the floor. Hopefully Pangos and Bell can get some rest Melson can get some quality playing time.

Zagricultural
01-17-2015, 08:36 AM
Zags get back on track defensively and offense continues to roll.

Zags 87.
LMU 58.

Melson gets 17 minutes and scores 12 pts.

Anybody notice that after a slow start, Melson has brought his shooting percentages up to 51% from the field and 39% from three. He's becoming a player that may me difficult to keep off the floor. Hopefully Pangos and Bell can get some rest Melson can get some quality playing time.

Another thing. I am excited about 3 tall guards starting next year. Helps ease the angst of losing Kevin & Gary a little.

Reborn
01-17-2015, 10:13 AM
It's G A M E D A Y The best day of the week. My first thoughts this morning when waking up were , "It's game day." And then I laughed...The game is early so don't forget Im excited.

Go Zags!!!
One game at a time!

23dpg
01-17-2015, 11:04 AM
Against Pepp I was bearish on the Zags and predicted just a 3 point victory. They were a 12 point favorite.
Today I'm bullish! The line is -19.5

Zags 83
LMU 60

gbnyba17
01-17-2015, 11:22 AM
I just want a comfortable 20+ point win, you know, what a #3 team in the country should do to a lower tier WCC team. In order to do so we need to pick up our defense, it's been rather porous lately. Thankfully the offense is so dang good.

I agree with the prediction of Melson having a big game; he's going for 15+. GO ZAGS!

MDABE80
01-17-2015, 11:34 AM
Zags by 20. SPeaking of SIlas though, I hope the coaches are on him fiercely. He needs to develop his skills....not the shooting part. That'll come but everything else is needing strong improvement if he's going to ascend by next year without Wes, Kevin and Bell. Josh isn't going to get he experience we'd hoped for. SOmebody(s) will need some major skills out front. Love Silas though.........

Kiddwell
01-17-2015, 11:36 AM
Butt-Kicking, a rhymed couplet
<ahem>
Zags play hard, outta their minds,
Beat up Lions, powder their behinds.

-------
Zags - 88
Lions - 57

:]

Section 116
01-17-2015, 11:39 AM
LMU is having a "Blackout" today and requested to wear their dark uniforms at home. GU will be dressed in the home whites!

RenoZag
01-17-2015, 02:19 PM
Bulldogs - 82
Lions - 65

Zags are -19.5; don't think they cover. . . get the win, stay healthy, and call it a successful business trip.

Got the margin of victory right but overshot the total score by 20 points. . .so it goes.

Reborn
01-17-2015, 09:34 PM
You get the victory in my world Reno. You got the point spread correct, and to me that is pretty important. Good job. You and Seacatzag62 are doing well. He had them winning by 15. Keep up the good work.

Go Zags!!!
One game at a time!