PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Top 10 Most Hostile Venues, Kennel #3

Zags_Fanatic
01-15-2015, 08:51 AM
Another Insider article, McCarthey checking in at #3 behind Kansas' Allen Fieldhouse and Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium. Here is the writeup for McCarthey:

3. Gonzaga’s McCarthey Athletic Center -- It opened in 2004 and is affectionately referred to as the “New Kennel.” It’s not overly big (seats about 6,000) and that’s one of the reasons it works so well -- along with the fact that Gonzaga is the only game in town.

“I couldn’t even hear Coach [John Calipari] speak in a timeout. The place literally shakes.” -- Former Memphis guard Antonio Anderson

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman/post?id=4589#comments

DixieZag
01-15-2015, 08:56 AM
That is something to be very proud of.

Everyone who has ever worn a Kennel Club shirt, especially those who did so long before 1999, can smile at that.

Well deserved and an under appreciated weapon in Zag basketball.

Reborn
01-15-2015, 09:41 AM
No wonder the Zags are #3 in the nation. The Kennel Club deserves the recognition too. Great job KC. See you in a week.

Go Zags!

CDC84
01-15-2015, 09:51 AM
3. Gonzaga’s McCarthey Athletic Center -- It opened in 2004 and is affectionately referred to as the “New Kennel.” It’s not overly big (seats about 6,000) and that’s one of the reasons it works so well -- along with the fact that Gonzaga is the only game in town.

“I couldn’t even hear Coach [John Calipari] speak in a timeout. The place literally shakes.” -- Former Memphis guard Antonio Anderson

Antonio Anderson never played in the Kennel. He only played in Spokane Arena.

MississppiZag
01-15-2015, 10:40 AM
No he didn't. That was college GameDay at the Spokane Arena.

Go to your link and click on box score. Look at the listed attendance below the stats.

gonzagafan62
01-15-2015, 10:42 AM
No he didn't. That was college GameDay at the Spokane Arena.

Go to your link and click on box score. Look at the listed attendance below the stats.

I got it. Thanks. I didn't read that, I read what was above. I unfortunately don't remember much about that game because I was working overnights. My bad.

CDC84
01-15-2015, 10:44 AM
I'll never forget Calipari saying to ESPN before the game: "We don't play in places with names like The Kennel." (I paraphrase)

BULLDOG#1
01-15-2015, 12:44 PM
I'll never forget Calipari saying to ESPN before the game: "We don't play in places with names like The Kennel." (I paraphrase)

the only thing worse than calipari is rexy walters.

gonzagafan62
01-15-2015, 12:52 PM

:roll:

Zagger
01-15-2015, 01:04 PM
"Hostile" Nah ..... Exuberant - Yah!'
Go Kennel!

Mantua
01-15-2015, 05:54 PM
The crowd at NC State's PNC Arena created an incredible atmosphere for the Duke game. I'd hate for us to play there. They waved a bunch of balloons and crazy signs in faces of Duke's free throw shooters. My favorite was grumpy cat.