• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jchocolate99
    Kennel Club
    • Jan 2013

McClellen jumping during the game

soooo from all that jumping around at the top of the screen in his boot and even landing on the hurt foot can we conclude that his return will be pretty soon

• WallaWallaZag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

ha...that was pretty funny to watch...can't believe you caught that. might prefer that he be sitting and not risk the chance of aggravating his injury though. if he's wearing a boot, would guess at least another week.

Comment

• jchocolate99
      Kennel Club
      • Jan 2013

yeah when I initially heard and saw the boot I thought it was gonna be pretty serious but after seeing that from the game he looks close to being ready. We desperately need him cause the more we keep playing Pango's this much without having a legit back up for PG we're playing more and more with fire

Comment

• Zagger
        Banned
        • Mar 2008

Now, if we see Josh on the sideline chewing on a bone ..... we be on the way to #1!

Comment

• bartruff1
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Zagger View Post
          Now, if we see Josh on the sideline chewing on a bone ..... we be on the way to #1!
          Now that is funny....The upside on this team is remarkable...

Comment

• RenoZag
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagger View Post
            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Reborn
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2007

Kevin rested for 9 minutes against SCU on Saturday. Melson was a very good sub, imo.

Go Zags!!!
              Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

melson is starting to look more and more comfortable, but zags still look lost running the offense w/o pangos...

Comment

• zag67
                  Zag for Life
                  • Sep 2007

I agree without Pangos the offense is not smooth. The players do not seem to be able to flow into the 2nd and later options when Pangos is not there. They still have many games to keep working on it and also what to run against different types of zones

Comment

• CDC84
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

There is a very good reason for that....Melson, Bell, Dranginis....none of these folks are point guards. Your offense is always going to sputter unless you have someone truly directing the offense.

This team needs McClellan and or Perkins. They're getting away with it now because Pangos is healthy and he hasn't been in too much foul trouble. Also, they're winning games by an average of 20+ points. Not every game will be that easy.

Comment

• ZagaZags
                      Banned
                      • May 2010

McClellan Interview.

For Eric McClellan, it has been a long year of learning and a long semester of waiting for the chance to finally put on a Gonzaga uniform. Now the wait may be getting even longer.

According to Jim Meehan of the Spokesman Review, McClellan is dealing with a foot injury and may not be able to make his debut for the Bulldogs on Thursday against San Francisco. (UPDATE: McClellan will miss two weeks with a minor foot injury. More HERE: http://bit.ly/1xHadTX)

Whenever he is healthy enough to play, McClellan will be determined to make the most of his opportunity.

"I dream about it, I think about it before I go to sleep," McClellan said of finally getting a chance to play for Gonzaga. "I'm trying not to psych myself out. Not even in terms of expectations, but just being out there again, being in front of some of the best fans in the country, being able to play with my teammates and just being out there being able to contribute. It'll be great, hopefully."

As long as the wait has been for the redshirt junior guard, the journey to becoming a Zag was much longer. McClellan started his college career at Tulsa before transferring to Vanderbilt. Last January, he was leading the Commodores in scoring with more than 14 points per game, but he was dismissed from the team for academic and other off-court issues.

"That point in my life being the worst part in my life, just hitting rock bottom, being numb to it all and having it blow up on such a large scale was kind of surreal," McClellan said. "But just to end up in a situation like this where I get another chance at my dream, another chance to play the game I love and to work with these beautiful people, it's truly a blessing."

After a tumultuous year, Eric McClellan is now eligible to play and on the verge of beginning his second chance. The long wait is almost over, but that doesn't mean he'll forget the long road it took to get here.

"It's something I don't take for granted, without that happening this couldn't have happened. I'm blessed to be here and truly fortunate," McClellan said. "It's changed me in so many ways. It's humbled me in a lot of ways; mentally, spiritually. I feel like a lot of people, they couldn't have went through that and still survived."

One year after everything fell apart, McClellan has found a new home as part of the sixth-ranked team in the country. When he is healthy, he will provide an already deep Gonzaga team with one more weapon. The Bulldogs have already provided McClellan with a second chance, now he's hoping the team will give him a chance to take his college career to new heights.

"I come from a place where I wasn't highly recruited and things like that," McClellan said. "This team has a chance to go really far in the tournament. I've never been to the tournament in my college years, so that's huge for me. Hopefully we can just continue to build, continue to have fun, continue to learn from one another and just stay on our marathon."
                      Click link for video of interview.

Comment

Working...
                      X